The first was from Jan at Just-A-Mere. And just to show you HOW remiss I've been, Jan gave me this award last November. I have no excuses - Jan, please forgive me for taking so long to mention this!
She nominated 15 blogs, and I'm supposed to as well - but how can I pick??? I ask you. So if you're reading this, and you comment here, you know I read your blog as well - cuz I read all the bloggers who comment on my posts - so go ahead and copy the pic, consider yourself nominated. I love you all. I think you ALL have the best blogs - it's because of you I joined the blog party!
The second award is from Paula at Quilt Happy, Quilt Often.
To accept this award, you have to thank the person who gave it to you [thank you, Paula!], paste the award on your blog, link the person who nominated you [Paula], tell 7 interesting things about yourself, nominate 7 blogs, and post links to them. So here goes. FYI, I'm not interesting.
1. I know how to drive a semi. And I'm good at it.
2. I'm 1/8th Native American and my mom used to threaten to send me back to the reservation if I didn't behave. I don't THINK she meant it....
3. When I'm not sewing, I read one book a day. Unless I read two. If I'm sewing, I listen to a book on tape.
4. I'm terrified of heights. Can't even stand on a chair without thinking I'll fall.
5. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
6. Menopause was the third best thing that ever happened to me - motherhood was second, meeting Jesus was first.
7. I never made it to college - maybe I will yet? I joined the service for the GI bill, and they dropped it the day before I went in. After I got out, they reinstated it. Yes, I took it personally. Still do.
See? Not interesting. This is why I comment on your blogs more than my own.
Now, 7 blogs to nominate - this is the hardest part!!!! Firstly, Jenny of Elefantz - I love her to pieces [quilter's pun, sorry] and she has been my inspiration for ever, it seems. She's a kindred spirit.
Second up is Midge. Another kindred and I want to go live in her world. It's beautiful there. I adore her.
Third is Tanya. I SO look forward to her posts and projects. I would love to travel to her home someday!
Fourth, Terry. She is an amazing woman and a hero of mine.
Fifth, Valerie. It's been pure joy getting to know her and her granny.
Sixth, Lauranie. I met her when I first started blogging and I'm SO glad I did. But I wish I had half her energy!
And seventh, Terri. My very, very dear friend who I met in a yahoo embroidery group, was privileged to meet in person, and lives WAY too far away. If we were next door neighbors, we'd never get anything done, we'd be sitting on the porch yakking all the time. Or maybe shopping. :)
Whew. Still with me? One more. Allie gave me this:
The Lemonade Stand Award, given out for bloggers that show great attitude and gratitude. Now isn't that a lovely award? Here are the rules:
Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
Link the nominees within your post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.[Copied and pasted from Allie's blog.]
Now how am I going to pick 10? Here goes....
You know I could have given out more, but your eyes are probably glazed over. If I gave you an award and you don't do awards, I'm sorry, I hope you take it in the spirit given - that I truly appreciate you and want you to know.