Sunday, September 24, 2017

Losing the Plot and Thinking of Christmas

We're having a massive heat wave here in Michigan right now, temps in the 90's every day, it's made me quite listless.  Even though I'm staying in the air conditioning...I think it's going to start acting like fall later this week, though.  I can't wait!

I haven't been doing much, a little stitching here and there, matter of fact I finished up a new free design.


I'll be making a table topper with it for mum, she never has enough Christmas stuff...you can get the design in my shop, Allie-oops Designs.

Speaking of mum, I'm going to be throwing her a surprise birthday party in December, for her 80th!  I'm getting very excited about it...I can't think of anyone who loves a party more than my mum.  Especially if it's for her, lol.  

Another thing I've been working on - I purchased an ecopy of Tonya Ricucci's book, Word Play Quilts.  I've been wanting to make larger quilts with scripture on them, but didn't want a lot of fused letters - I'd like to be able to quilt over them.  I've only made two (easy) letters so far - 


the next letter is a Y, which is more challenging, as it has angles.  You know me and piecing, lol - I'm extremely challenged!  The first T I made, I added the top bar with the fabric to the wrong side.  

I had a most incredible surprise the other day.  A package from my sweet friend O'faigh - she knows me too well - 


Her LQS was having a sample sale, and she got this for me.  Isn't that gorgeous!!!!  I'm not sure why my phone camera made the top of the frame a little green, it's not really.  I just love her - her tail has the teeniest beads!  Thank you sweetie!!

In the wildlife report, the deer are reveling in all the fallen apples - 


and apparently we have a new flock of woodpeckers.  I caught three of them on the shed the other day.



Just perching any ol' where, knocking holes in everything.  It's also stink bug season in Michigan, they are everywhere!  I've never had one actually stink when I killed it though.  Their only redeeming quality is that they don't bite.

I think that's all the news, I haven't been commenting much on blogs lately although I've been visiting...just feeling quiet.  Take care my friends, see you soon....

Love,
Allie



21 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the Christmas stitchery. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing your wildlife. We are having a bit of a heatwave here. It's only early spring but it feels like summer .:(. Hugs,xx

O'faigh said...

Enjoyed your post Allie and glad my package arrived safe and sound

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your new stitchery. Like you, I'm not getting much done in this heat. What day is Mum's birthday. My mom's was the 28th.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful stitchery and I need to make more christmas for me too, but will have to be small this year, sure comes up fast. We have the stink bugs too, such a pain and i hate when they get in the house.

Debbie

Jocelyn said...

You take care too Allie. Enjoy your fall weather when it arrives.

Yvonne said...

That is going to be such a sweet table topper!
We returned from the US yesterday and had also those high temperatures....it was a little to much I agree but now I am freezing here and longing back to the sun and warmth.....You always want what you don't have hugh?
Happy Stitching!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love all your photos. You are so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Sewing has it's merits. I hope you enjoy doing the rest of your letters.

Wendy B said...

I adore this design Allie-girl and I'll be stitching it up for sure! Hope it cools down for you a tad very soon....love your mermaid too! O'faigh certainly has good taste! Loving the wildlife piccies.....I'm like you....keeping a low profile but I'm there! xox :o)

Sandra :) said...

I did the same thing today on a foundation pieced block - I stitched one of the pieces down with the wrong side facing out, haha. Fortunately I was stitching on fabric and then dec stitching each seam so I wasn't using a tiny stitch like I would for paper piecing. I quickly ripped it out and restitched it - if it had been done with a tiny stitch length I would have just thrown it out and started again :D

The weather here is dreadfully hot as well - whatever is in the air has kickstarted my hot flashes and now they're not just hot - they're rather tropical - and not in a good way! I can't wait to go to aquafit tonight - usually we complain about how cold the water is, but until something cools down, I'm very pleased about it :D

Shasta Matova said...

Thanks for the Christmas stitchery. That mermaid is so cute. Sweet of your friend to get it for you. Those free pieced letters do take some time to get used to, but once you realize that perfection is not necessary, they do become fun.

Susan said...

Oh, we have the stink bugs in droves on our side of the state too. They do stink when you kill them. I have a vacuum cleaner that I suck them up in when they get in the house. It is an old one and I only use it for ucky things like stink bugs, spiders, etc.

The Christmas stitchery is beautiful. Thanks for the pattern.

Kathy said...

Thank you for the Christmas stitchery pattern! And yes, those stink bugs do stink!! We have the brown marmorated (sp?) ones and they are nasty ugly. Give me the creeps. When they are on the outside of my screens, I squirt them, from inside the house, with a mixture of water and dish soap. I have cheap dish soap in a bottle right now and it takes a lot of squirts, but when I have a better brand it works pretty quickly.
And happy birthday to your mom!

Lin said...

What a lovely gift! Great woodpecker picture. xx

desertskyquilts said...

Be nice if the woodpeckers just ate the stinkbugs, but I expect they aren't very tasty! Thank you so much for the cute little Christmas Merry design. That should be quick to stitch. Your deer are not looking terribly skinny, are they? LOL Nice to have them clean up the windfalls. Are you picking the apples to make apple pies and applesauce, or are they not good eating apples? What a wonderful surprise for your mother! What day is her birthday? Mine's the 12th. Wouldn't it be funny if we were birthday twins?

Our photos said...

Lovely is the Christmas stitchery!

KaHolly said...

Lyn is one of the most thoughtful people I know! A real sweetie! Love your new design. Your mom sounds like a hoot! I hope she has a wonderful party! Sweet woodpeckers! They must nest nearby. We've had quite a heat wave, too, way up here. It was too hot to mow the lawn yesterday! Shucks!

Tanya said...

I hope you have fun with those wonky letters! I had so much fun making my wonky letter Quilt for my daughter that I really should make another... it takes some brainwork but it is worth the effort. Have a great party!

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Caught up on your posts now Allie. Your back yard looks like a beautiful park complete with a little zoo. lol Thank you for the pretty designs and glad to see you are so inspired and creating. It's about a year there...all settled in now?

I am said...

Hi Allie lovely post wish your mum a happy birthday from me please.
Isnt the mermaid gorgeous,i was with Lyn when she got it for you ,she was so excited to get this for you she said it was just you,Lynnie has such a kind heart,i spent the day with her today,it will be my Monday post.
Oh i love those cute deers and love your xmas design,well done my friend xx

Little Penpen said...

I just love the Christmas design ! How exciting planning a party for your mom's 80th!

Karen Schurr said...

Been away for quite awhile, sorry it's taken me so long to catch up. Loving that pretty Christmas stitchery, and thrilled to read of Mum's upcoming birthday. What a lovely time for both of you. Hope you're enjoying for seasonal temps. The weather is crazier than usual this year, it seems. We are having extremely humid weather this week, but its supposed to get more reasonable starting Sunday. Have a great weekend, Dear. Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...