Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sweet Country Love

We had the loveliest sunrise this morning...


At least til the clouds took over, and the heavens opened.  We needed the rain!

I've finished the final block in the Sweet Country series, the Love block.


It's my definite favorite.


I had some fabric picked out for finishing, from my stash, and I didn't have enough.  That meant a shopping trip.  The new fabric is in the wash, and I'll get started on the tutorial for the wall hanging later today.  That tutorial will be a permanent link on my blog, on the "Tutorials" page.

Pattern available here:  Allie-oops Designs

I chopped and diced the four blocks yesterday.


I may wait until tomorrow to do the tutorial - it's cloudy and rainy, and pictures never turn out well when it is!  

Ok, must run and pay the car insurance - hubby forgot to send the check, and that's a huge oops.  Yes, it runs in the family.  Or, as we like to say, "Sanity runs from our family".  True story.

See ya soon - 
Love,
Allie

16 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

You captured a beautiful sunrise! Love your stitchery. Your stitching is so perfect!

Cathy said...

I was up early and enjoyed the same sunrise. You are so talented. Hugs

Dolores said...

The blocks are lovely Allie. What a joy to take such wonderful photos just outside your window.

sunny said...

What a beautiful sunrise! I was up early enough yesterday to see ours, but it was fairly cloudy. Your designs are precious. I need to do some shopping soon!

Jeanette said...

A beautiful sunrise. Love the block. Hugs,xx

Terry said...

Your stitcheries are so sweet! Beautiful sunrise too! :0)

Fiona said...

Your blocks are crazy gorgeous and your stitching so neat...

Hugz

Little Quiltsong said...

Gorgeous blocks. I'm partial to pics with birds :)! My dad loved his birdhouses and birdbaths and was always putting seeds out in his bird feeders. He was also very annoyed when the squirrels found their way into them and kept the birds away - and spent a lot of time figuring out metal cone shaped gizmos that would not allow the squirrels to find their way up into them. Your embroidery designs remind me so much of those lazy sunshiny days of long ago. Thank you, Allie!

Maria said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

edith csokmay said...

This is the sweetest collection - adding to my must have list :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful blocks and stitching!

Lin said...

Your blocks are delightful. Beautiful sunrise too. xx

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your stitching is so beautiful....

KaHolly said...

As always, your designs and your work are just lovely. Looking forward to seeing them all put together.

Sandra :) said...

I hate when I have to do a fabric shopping trip to finish a project.
OH WAIT. No I don't! ;)

Sweet embroideries - I think I like "love" the best because that looks like momma birdy getting her little one ready for a bath, lol.

koi seo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...