Saturday, August 12, 2017

Busy Days At Chez Allie

We're having some cooler weather today, it's just lovely, more like autumn than summer for sure!  Which of course means the spiders are moving in....I've been busy vacuuming and handing down the death sentence to multitudes. *shudder*

I've also been stitching.



See that pillow on the footstool?  It's not really a pillow, it's a large chunk of foam that sits on my lap, to bring my stitching up to where I can see it.  Saves my neck, and it's nice to stab my needle into for French knots.  I have a 3-way floor lamp next to me, good for my old-ish eyes.  Sweet Country Love is coming along nicely.



And I've kinda sorta been playing with fabric, with the original appliques that inspired the Sweet Country stitchery pattern.  That's not going so well.

Outside, hubby has cleared the forest of all undergrowth, great place for some picnic tables - he did leave the raspberry bushes, isn't that nice.  We also have some lovely looking peaches, which the deer find delicious.



I had a visitor today.



We don't really see many bunnies - too many hawks, I think.  They're usually going flat out from cover to cover, but this guy stayed by the stump, found something interesting to eat, and maybe wanted a portrait done!

I've also been having a lot of trouble with the new phone my boys bought me, apparently it's having "ghost touches", and is sometimes completely unusable, might have to be replaced.  Thank goodness it's still under warranty.  And while I was writing this blog post, my laptop got the blue screen of death - bad pool header - whatever the heck that means.  Technology is miserable sometimes.  I'm so glad Sam, my youngest, is a techie.

Mom had her eye surgery, all is well, she's doing eye drops daily.  After 5 years, she's figured out her recliner actually goes all the way back, so you can lay flat, helps get the drops in the right place.  

That's all the news from Chez Allie - I'll leave you with a fave pic, a misty morning snapshot.


Take care my lovelies.....

Love,
Allie

20 comments:

Karen said...

I love your tables!
I also work on a pillow. A firm sofa pillow. I use it as a pincushion and to raise my work up closer to me.

Jeanette said...

Oh the bunny is so cute. Glad all went well with your Mum. The misty morning snapshot is a gorgeous view. Hugs,xx

WoolenSails said...

I have been using a pillow too, like the idea of foam though. If I don't, I stab my leg to death, lol.
Glad your mom is doing well.

Debbie

sunny said...

Pretty pictures! I use a pillow on my lap, but I think the foam might work better! And I just happen to have a piece. Glad mum is doing well.

Fiona said...

love your sewing room. I also use a pillow on my lap for sewing and a big light behind me (though at present I am waiting for a new bulb!). I do hate spiders and I get my house sprayed inside and out on an annual basis - not friendly I know but I'd be a nervous wreck otherwise and there are some very unfriendly spiders here...
Love that misty shot and glad other Mums eyes are doing well...
Hugz

Jocelyn said...

Love your morning shot. Yes those techie boys come in handy. I had the blue screen recently, when I tried to open a sewing machine website.
Everything froze! Thankfully my son was able to fix things virtually, and no harm was done :-)

Yvonne said...

Yep, it is spider time here too. Found a big one in my bed yesterday....twice!
Lucky I am not afraid of them but and am willing to share the house but not my bed!
Your garden is beautiful, such a lovely sight! Hope your Mom recover soon.

KaHolly said...

Spider time, ha, ha! I have to check the tub every morning before I jump in to take my shower. Glad you've been keeping busy, and your mom's doing well. When I use eye drops, I find it easier to place the drop into the corner of my eye, then tilt my head so it will spread, rather than try to drop it smack dab in the middle. Sweet bunny! Enjoy your yard!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I never thought about using a foam pillow like you do. I'll have to try that because my old eyes are really under a lot of strain lately. That little bunny is so cute. Love your place in the country.

Kathy said...

Ahhhh, that last picture! Looks like a great place for one of those glider type swings/seat thingies . . . cup of coffee . . . mmmmm . . .
I see your embroidery in progress in another picture. Do you embroider without a hoop?

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You list me at spiders. *shudder* 😳😉

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Autumn.........sign. I can't wait. Still love the table the boys gave you. Enjoy your stitching! I did a little cutting of a block today.

Little Quiltsong said...

Had to chuckle about the recliner story - yep that might be me :)! Beautiful pic at the end - and the cute bunny. We had gully washer rain lately, and out popped the bunny that likes to stay in our bushes. Guess it got too wet. Love your embroidery patterns - hope to get back into it again.

I am said...

Hi Allie i have enjoyed your post today,good to hear your mum is keeping out of mischief,you live in such a lovely area Allie,enjoy xx

Lin said...

Hi Allie, great to hear from you. We have the same spider problem! Does not help that it is warming up again so the windows are open all day - we get all sorts of jumpy leapy things coming in too. Nice idea with the foam - I keep meaning to do something similar - I have seen the lovely cushion Jenny uses. Lovely pics of your garden - love the misty one. Glad Mum is doing OK. xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Allie, your views are sublime...can I swim the ocean and come stay? xxx
Glad Mum has found an easy way to use the eye drops! She always puts a smile on my face. LOL!

Sandra :) said...

Your sewing room is so awesome - so bright and comfortable looking! Mine is called The Dungeon for a reason, haha. It's great having a techie kid (or kids) - yesterday my youngest saved me from a panic when he explained why I was getting "OMG you're using so much data!" messages (when I was at home, so the phone was using my own wifi, certainly not using data!) - for the year that I've had the phone, I've been monitoring data usage (I don't have unlimited) via a setting that uses two bars to mark warning points. All this time I've been scrolling the bars sideways, and wondering why I could never get them to land on the right spot. It turns out they scroll up and down. LOL! Kiddo just about split a gut laughing at me, and then couldn't wait to tell his brother when he arrived at our house, and then their dad, when he got home! And now I know how to change the settings to what I want :D

Karen Schurr said...

Love your pictures...so serene. Great idea about the pillow. I'll have to try that when I get my sewing room back. Groovin' on your new digs, Girl. :)

Shasta Matova said...

That's a great set up for the embroidery. What a gorgeous view you have, and how nice that you have visitors coming to keep you company.

koi seo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...