Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy Days [Or Hours] & Free Pattern

We here in Michigan got to see the sun today!!!  It's been awhile.  Like, since October.  Well, it feels that way, anyhow...and this afternoon, the clouds have rolled back in, and I believe snow is in the forecast. But it WAS here, honest.



I'm making my own sunshine as well.


I got my machine cleaned out, and was able to finish the applique for Lemon Tree.  Trimmed it up, and then....


The border went on!!!!  [I must say, I'm loving my yellow cutting mat with my yellow chairs and yellow lemons....]  I think I'm going to do a knife-edge facing instead of regular binding.

So, what next??  Well, I've uploaded a free scripture pattern for you - sorry for the bad pic - 



I'm probably going to make it part of a larger quilt.  I've been thinking about making a couple of scripture quilts for awhile - I'd love to make one for each of my boys.  So, maybe not in redwork?  What color do you think I should do?  Navy, for one, but the other one's favorite color is a coppery orange...don't think that would show up too well, not to mention it might be hard to find it in fabric, lol.  Suggestions?

Oh, if you'd like to stitch this as well, the file is in my shop for free, here:


Well, mum just got back from rehab, so I guess I need to feed her...ah, she lost 2 more lbs, yay!  Wish I could stop finding them....

See ya soon!
Love,
Allie

17 comments:

I am said...

Hi Allie oh I love your tree.the yellow is so pretty and did match your chairs and cutting board.
Thankyou for your free stitchery you are so generous my friend with your talent.
Say hi to your mum from me and I a, glad she is doing so well xx

Wendy B said...

just beautiful Allie-girl....the yellow reflects your sunny nature....love it! What about a chocolate brown for the other quilt.....you can add highlights of the coppery orange? Love the scripture too....thanks gorgeous girl xox

Little Quiltsong said...

I know - the sun has peeked out a few times this week too - with snow periods in between. I know how you feel - it has been so long!! Lovely projects - they are precious - especially the scripture!

Val said...

I love the yellow too!!! The sun looks beautiful with all that snow. Thank you for the free pattern! It's beautiful. Wonder if I could try it?

Karen said...

The black and white print looks fantastic for the tree. Good choice, Allie.

Yvonne said...

Very pretty Lemon Tree! I like the modern touch of the fabrics. For the stitcherie I would first find the fabric and than decide the color of the thread. I am sure you find something pretty! Hope your Mom is feeling better and she will gain some weight. Happy Stitching! Yvonne

Debbie said...

Oh, I love all that yellow, Allie! Glad your mother is doing well. LOL, about you finding the pounds!

Jocelyn said...

You do such beautiful work Allie!

Dolores said...

Nice to see that you have some time for quilting. Glad your mom is OK and that rehab is working out for her. We had sun one day this week but today is cloudy and cold. I'm staying in and sewing...

West Michigan Quilter said...

Isn't it wonderful to see the sun here in Michigan. I was getting so depressed. Love your lemon tree. Gads, it's snowing now!

Fiona said...

I love that lemon tree - I made it some time ago.... it went somewhere...

Glad to hear your Mum is doing so well... and tell her to stop sending the weight she gave away to me!!!

Hugz

desertskyquilts said...

Your tree is fabulous. Where did you find a yellow mat? I have to buy a new mat, now that Stacey is finished with her denim quilts. Both sides of mine are a mess! Thank you so much for the stitchery words. The Relief Society Motto comes from that concept, but another verse. It's 'Charity Never Faileth'. This will be a wonderful thing to hang in my house or put on a pillow.

Shasta Matova said...

That lemon tree is still on my to-do list. It looks fabulous with the border and the yellow things. We have sunshine today too. I had almost forgotten what that was like!

Jocelyn Thurston said...

We too seem to have lost the sun...last full day of sun was Jan.8. But it is in the forecast for later in the week.
Like everyone else, I'm loving that lemon tree...perfect fabric choice. You are very generous Allie to share free patterns.
Glad mom is doing well. Ahh, the weight. Gotta eat!
You take care.

KaHolly said...

Pretty clever! Just like you! XO

donna said...

Your lemon tree is perfect. Love it on your yellow mat.
Boys always seem to like blue. I think a scripture quilt would be awesome.
Hugs
donna

Tanya said...

Love your Lemon Tree quilt! You chose such great fabrics for it! Glad to know your mom's doing well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...