Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Postcards From Heaven, Block 12, December....

It's here - the final block in our year-long journey.  What a blessing this has been to me, and I hope for you also!  Jenny always has the best ideas.


It's been an amazing journey, as well - at least for me.  I think I told you before that I had these blocks done by last December...and every month, as they came up, they were always applicable to what was going on with my family and me.  Some more so than others!  

My prayer this month is that if you haven't opened that door to Jesus, you soon will.....that you will taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8




The pattern is available free from my craftsy shop, just click here:

Jenny's exquisite version:

You'll have to go to her blog to see the gorgeousness of what she made with it!  Jenny of Elefantz

I do hope you've enjoyed this journey with us.  It's been a very busy year for me, and sometimes the only project I got done all month was my postcard, but that was enough.  I can't wait to get all my postcards put together into a quilt - I'll share that with you too!  And hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to share a finish with you - 


I actually had my sewing machine out today!!!!!!!  Can you believe it!!!!

See you soon, precious friends - be blessed.
Love,
Allie


13 comments:

margaret said...

wonderful verse you have shared today many thanks.

Bilko Parker said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely verse. Hope your mother is feeling much better. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Guida

Yvonne said...

Lovely postcard! I am sure it is going to be a very beautiful quilt! You have something to look forward to in the next year!
Glad you found some time to play with your sewing machine!
Happy Stitching!

Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you Allie (& Jenny) - for designing these beautiful Post Cards and having them available free for the taking. They are all special!! This last one is one of my favorite verses and we have a large picture in our home of Jesus standing at the door and knocking. Both you and Jenny have been a blessing with these Post Cards.

Deanie said...

Wonderful postcards, thank you for sharing them. Love your wisemen too! Did you design the wisemen? deanie dot dreams at gmail dot com

Nancy J said...

Allie, I am hoping your Mum is keeping on doing well, and seeing you have had the machine stitching, good news there too. Beautiful card and verse.Hugs from down in NZ.

Susan said...

I am looking forward to seeing your finished postcard quilt. If the picture at the bottom of the post is a sneak peak at what you are going to reveal tomorrow, I can't wait to see that either.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sometimes it's hard to find time to sew. I don't seem to have anything else to do though...giggle. Hugs to you.

desertskyquilts said...

Thank you, Allie. That's an awesome door to go with the scripture. What a great wind-up for the year of stitching postcards. Looking forward to seeing what goes with the wise men!

WoolenSails said...

Another wonderful postcard and love the wisemen.
I want to sew on the machine, but I can't get to it, my room is a disaster, lol.
Time to pack up things that I can do without for now so I can get my space back.

Debbie

Águeda said...

Dear Allie,
You tell us that your year has been complicated, that sometimes, you have been able to do only the postcard. ONLY the postcard.
The little time you've had to sew has been for us. Your little free time for sewing this year has been, along with Jenny, for some strangers people: for us.
That is not a "ONLY". That is GENEROSITY.
I enjoy that you had had today a time for sewing for youself .
Thank you very much. Hugs.

Tanya said...

Hi Allie, I've fallen behind on the last two cards this year BUT I WILL GET THEM DONE!! That is I will get them done as soon as I can back up to the sewing room. Thank you for all your hard work this year!

lorikelly01@comcast.net said...

Dear Allie
Regarding your lovely Postcards from Heaven: I have eagerly collected them since I found the BOM last January. I love the idea of them. Just last month, I believe I was inspired by the Lord to stitch up the one about God catching our tears for a young woman and her 2 sons whose husband/father was tragically killed in the line of duty as a police officer last June. The Lord has kept her in my prayers, and I think I’ll stitch and send her a Postcard from Heaven every 6-8 weeks. I know she has a terribly long and painful journey through grief. This morning I woke up with an idea of my own for a future postcard based on Psalm 91:11. I’ll stitch, “My angels are watching over you” or something similar. Thank you for sharing your creativity and your love of God and His Word on your blog.
God bless you,
Lori
P.S. I have written Jenny separately. (I'm clicking "publish" a 2nd time, since my note is not showing up--sorry for any duplication!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...