Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Wasn't This A Quilting Blog????

LOL - in stitchy news, I just finished up stitching November's Postcard From Heaven, just in time!!!!  Seeing as how it's almost November....oh you just wait, Jenny did a darling design.

In mom news, she's doing very well.  We had a home visit with the therapist yesterday, and she's determined to get to my house as soon as possible.  


That was yesterday's pic - my cousin had come from up north with sugar-free chocolates for her, and she wore the bow from the package for awhile.  It was such a pain dragging the oxygen tank around, so today they took her off it for physical therapy, and she did great!  Looks like she won't have to come home with it after all.

Fall colors are happening all around us, and I'm missing them, I spend most of my time running back and forth to mum.  


I've discovered that our backyard is sorely lacking in reds and oranges - that pic is from the library parking lot - so some care will be given to next spring's plantings.

I need to thank you all for your wonderful comments lately, I've read them all and appreciate them SO MUCH - but have had no time to reply.  That will change once mum comes home, thank goodness - and maybe I can get away with staying in my jammies all day once in awhile!  Doesn't that sound nice???  And what's really nice, mum will be a captive audience, and I'm going to show her all your blogs, lol!!!  She hates computers, but she loves you all.

Last thing before I go - I'm going to be changing prices in my craftsy store, just on the free designs.  A lot of them are no longer going to be free, they'll be changed to $1.  So if there was a free design you had an eye on, go ahead and get it now.

Ok, I'm off - still have to do dishes [although my oldest took me out tonight, we saw the movie "Sully" and had dinner], and laundry, and something I'm forgetting completely.  Take care my darling friends.....

Love,
Allie

20 comments:

Kate said...

Your mom looks terrific! So pleased to know that she's doing so well.

Jeanette said...

I was just thinking of your Mum & wondering how she is & up pops your blog post. Glad to see she's doing well. Hugs, xx

WoolenSails said...

Glad your mom is doing so well and it will be nice to get off the oxygen so she can get around better.
Our yard is just turning, I do have oaks, so hoping they get their full color.

Debbie

Karen Schurr said...

So glad your mum is doing well. What a fighter. It'll be nice to have her home with you real soon.

margaret said...

so good to read your Mum is making a good recovery following her op, will be so good to have her home with you where you can pamper herand get her back on her feet

sunny said...

So happy to hear that your Mum is doing so well, and will be coming home soon. You certainly do deserve a jammies/sewing day! That's actually how I spent my day today. Hang in there, kiddo!

conny's quilts said...

Great news your mothers is doing so well. Will be so good when she can com to your place. Best wishes

Lin said...

So glad she is doing well Allie. xx

Little Quiltsong said...

Happy news! So nice to hear your mother is doing better and she is looking very well. Thank you for taking the time to update us.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your Momma looks great. I think the pink bow is just what she needed. Too cute! Great color on her.

Karen said...

Love that bow in the hair. Gives her a whimsical, youngish look.

Jocelyn said...

Glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well.

KaHolly said...

Thanks for the update on your mom's progress! Doesn't she look great? Love the bow! XO

Lindah said...

hey, like the fancy bow! Mum is getting some spark back in her eyes again. Way to go!
Bless your oldest for getting Mom out for some R&R.

Águeda said...

Oh, your mom looks great, thank God. You do not worry about answering my messages are to give encouragement, they are not to give more work to Allie really busy right now. Only, You care for your mother and yourself. Many Hugs

edith csokmay said...

Mum looks very fetching in that shocking pink bow :) So happy to hear things are going well. You'll need new jammies to celebrate staying home :)

xx

Yvonne said...

So glad your Mom is doing okay! Hope you can take her home soon! That will be the best treatment I am sure!

desertskyquilts said...

You'll get back to quilting, and be more excited than ever about all you're doing. This is mom time, and I know you don't begrudge one minute or one mile of it. The library has a nice backyard. =) Our colors change every year, depending on moisture, so I'm not planting anything, just taking what comes! I hope your fall is lovely every day and the beauty relaxes you. Don't answer - there's no need. I know where you are and what you're doing. =) And you answered my question about your mother! Gotta love someone with a sense of humor.

donna said...

Allie your mom looks great. I am so happy she is doing so well. What a blessing.
Give her a hug for me.
Hugs
donna

Jan said...

So glad your Mom is doing so well. Love your designs and Bible verses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...