Friday, September 30, 2016

Postcards From Heaven, Block 10, October

Can you believe it's October????


Time for our Postcard!!!  This month it's my turn, and let me tell you, we serve an awesome God.....I drew this last December.  God knew how much I would need this verse, this month, with mum going in for surgery.  Is that not too awesome for words?


Today, we signed the papers giving me power of attorney for medical decisions for mum, not an easy thing to do, and something I never would have thought of - but the hospital seems to think of everything.  She and I had a very serious conversation this afternoon, about her wishes; something we've joked about in the past, and it ended again in laughter today.  It was pretty much decided that it's in God's hands, and we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.


We can only be serious for a very short time, lol.  Mum and I are alike in that - we prefer to laugh, because it's all temporary anyway, and we know God will guide us.  Remember this is the woman who would "rather giggle than google".  How very dear she is to me!  And how terribly unconcerned she is about it all.  Truly God has given her the peace that passeth all understanding...

Download Block 10 from my craftsy shop - 


Jenny's gorgeous version.


Exquisite, as usual.  If you prefer to use Jenny's more conversational style wording, you can download it from her blog here:  Jenny of Elefantz

Someday I must make these again, using Jenny's lovely style.  By the way - when I went to upload the pattern, craftsy had changed EVERYTHING!!!!  I forgot my password so had to reset that, and then learn to navigate the new site - but you know, I think it's better!!  Except, you might have to go to page two of my designs to find the new postcard - there is a little tab at the top to change the sorting to "newest first".

And now a word about blogging - it's going to be a very busy weekend here, and surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning.  I'll be spending the night at the hospital after the surgery, they have a hotel right in there!  I doubt I'll have time to blog, and I won't have my laptop with me.  I'll be able to post from my phone on facebook, so if you follow me there, you'll probably see updates on mum.  She'll be in there 7-10 days, it's not close to me so most of my time will be spent either at the hospital or traveling to and from.  I'll try to update the blog later in the week, and let you know how she goes.  Oh my precious friends, we covet your prayers....

Take time to laugh this weekend with those you love.  I said with them, not at them.....

Love,
Allie



24 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Holding mum CLOSE in prayer...knowing we serve the Lord who HEALS, in every way, in the best way.
Love you darling friend, and so blown away by the timing of this Scripture. xxx

WoolenSails said...

Love both versions, you both have your own styles so it is nice to see it in different versions for different tastes.

Debbie

Jan Gunter said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your Mom! And Healing light and for the Lord our God to watch over you, Mum, and the Doctors to guide there hands and hearts to heal your Mum! <3

Jan Gunter said...

Shoot..my fingers had a brain fart...S/B Their...not there!! in my above post! Sorry i couldn't find the edit button! Hugs my friend <3

margaret said...

remembering your Mum and you too in my prayers, blessyou both and extra special prayers on tuesday whilst she is in surgery.
Thaks for the latest postcard too

Judy said...

Prayers for your precious mum for His will to be done. Both of my parents are gone now and while I hope they are happy in heaven, I sure miss them here on earth. But I know I'll see them again.

Águeda said...

Thank you very much. We are thinking of you. May God be with you every step of your way. Many hugs.

Nancy J said...

With you both all the way, and I'll check in on Facebook. Take care, you too, this is equally hard on you both, but those words today say everything you need right there.Many hugs and lots of love from down in NZ, so far away, but close in love and caring thoughts. XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie
I am praying for you and your mum and I know that He cares for you both so much. I know He will be watching over you both, and I pray that His peace will surround you both.
Blessings

Kerrie (kezzie.k)

Kathy said...

Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Love her outlook! And how convenient to have a hotel in a hospital?!

desertskyquilts said...

Thank you for the postcard. We all need to remember the one who heals. I will be praying for your mother. It's funny you are saying you want to stitch these again in the colors like Jenny, because I want to do them again in the redwork! LOL I will look forward to hearing news of your mom's successful surgery. God bless you both to keep your positive outlooks.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Perfect verse for your Momma....prayers from us.

Lindah said...

I love your ( and your mother's) outlook. It is so precious.
Not expecting blogs from you for awhile. Take care of Mom and yourself.

Lynne Stucke said...

Praying right now, and will continue to pray for His peace, for wisdom for the surgeon and staff, for a quick recovery, and for lots of laughter for all of you. (Although I know it will hurt your mum like everything, it will be good for her healing!) (lynnstck@yahoo.com)

Nana Judy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Your mom sounds like a awesome woman.

Bilko Parker said...

Thank you for this block, it is lovely. My prayers are with you and your family for your mothers quick recovery. Guida

KaHolly said...

Very nice new postcard. My thoughts will be of you, your mum, and your family, and a speedy recovery! XXOO

Jocelyn said...

Where DID the summer go? Praying for your Mom's speedy and complete recovery. I know you will be busy for the next few weeks. Take care of yourself too.

Hugs, Jocelyn

Rachaeldaisy said...

LOL, I'm laughing At your last sentence, too funny!! These postcards are always so beautiful and special. Wishing your mum all the best with her operation.

Verna G said...

Thinking of you and your Mom

I am said...

wow both are lovely Allie,how is your mum xx

Cathy said...

You and Mum are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Good luck to your dear mom and hope you won't get too tired with doing your job as dutiful daughter. Remember to take care of you too!

Christina said...

Thank you for another lovely postcard. Thoughts and prayers that all goes well with your mom's surgery and a speedy recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...