Saturday, August 20, 2016

Dreary Day

But only outside!  It was fun in the sewing room today, cutting tons of squares.


I know the picture doesn't do the fabric justice - but even with all these windows, it shows when it's dreary, lol.

I haven't been on the computer much lately.  Been too busy battling the fleas, and finding out more about mum.  She's going to have open heart surgery, she'll go talk to the surgeon on Sept. 14th, and set up a date.  She's actually looking forward to it, because they're telling her she'll feel so much better [after the recovery, of course]!

The fleas are succumbing to the diatomaceous earth I put down all over the house.  Slowly.  It doesn't work overnight - only works on adult fleas.  DE is a very fine powder, and gets airborne easily; I put down too much and had a bad night of it, trying to breathe.  I cleaned up best I could the next day, but it seems to have made a huge difference.

I haven't even been doing much stitching.  Right now I'm working on October's Postcard, and a few other things that I can't show you yet.  My date for The Road Home Row-Along will be Sept. 6th, I hope you stay tuned for that - there will be give-aways, and there are some awesome sponsors!!  And of course the spectacular free rows, depicting the road home of designers world-wide.  Go to Marian's blog, Seams To Be Sew, and check out her post of the sponsors!

I was busy cutting fabric squares today, and looked up, the fawn was on our patio, checking me out - too funny!


I looked around for mama, she was in the backyard, and the fawn soon joined her.


I'm hoping things will slow down enough for me to spend some time on the computer soon.  In addition to mum and the terrible critters around here, we're still moving, and getting ready to paint the old house so we can get it listed.  I feel like I'm totally missing summer.....I'm seeing ads for back to school already, and I haven't been to the beach once this year!  I also missed getting to the Woodward Dream Cruise today, I think that's two years in a row now.  I LOVE the Cruise. And this year they had legal drag racing!  So bummed!  They also had the very first Camaro off the production line.  Oh I love those cars!

Yes, when I was 15 I wanted to be a professional race car driver.  [I used to drag race...]  I wonder if there's a senior league????  Sign me up.

Hope to visit you all soon, I miss you.....
Love,
Allie

20 comments:

Fiona said...

Its good to hear the fleas are getting under control... and of course your mum's heart being sorted...
Hugz

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sorry you had fleas. We had them once, our daughter brought them inside from an outside cat. It was a pain to get rid of them but we've never had them since. It is good your mom is looking forward to getting the surgery over. She will be willing to work through the rehab. I'm experience summer, but it is still going too fast. Your fabrics are beautiful! Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Hang in there Allie. This too shall pass, as one of my grandmothers would say. Drag racing...you go girl! They have go carting for adults around here; maybe that would be fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie

I found your blog via Jenny of Elefantz when looking at the Postcards designs.

I appreciate your generosity in making a number of your patterns free to obtain.
I also like your use of the King James version of scripture in 'Postcards'' as I read this version when I first became a Christian and whenever scripture comes to mind it always seems to be in the KJversion!

I hope that all goes well in removing the fleas, and I pray that all will go well for your mum's operation. At least she seems to have a very positive perspective which is great.

Blessings to you

Kerrie
my email in kezzie.k@hotmail.com

Little Quiltsong said...

You really have a full plate right now. Hoping the fleas will be gone soon. Especially thinking of you and your mom and what is ahead. We'll keep you in our prayers. Love the pictures of the deer - we used to enjoy those moments too when living in the country. Yes, a senior league. I always wanted to be a rally racer. Loved the navigation part included in this type of race :)!

donna said...

So happy you are getting those pesky fleas under control. We had them get in the house with I was little. NO fun. I am also very happy your mom is taking care of herself and I know she is looking forward to feeling better.
Hugs
donna

sunny said...

Best wishes for your Mum! Hopefully the surgery will be a breeze, recovery time will speed by, and she'll be feeling better in no time! I've only had a flea problem one time, and it didn't seem to last long. Good luck battling them. I can't believe school is starting. Ours started this past Wednesday, and other area schools are starting tomorrow. We have not been to the beach at all, and we've barely kayaked because of the heat. Hopefully Fall will be more kind.

Dolores said...

Love those deer visitors. Looks like a bright quilt is in the offing and that's good news about your mom.

KaHolly said...

You should only have to do two, maybe three applications of diatomaceous earth. The first will dry up the adults, the second and third, any eggs that have hatched. then maybe every once in awhile if new fleas are introduced from outside? It's so fine, it's difficult to distribute. Sounds like your mum has a good, positive attitude about her upcoming surgery. Good luck readying your old house! And keeping up with the fleas! I hate fleas. Just a thought, should you bomb the basement?

Jocelyn said...

oooo! What are you making with the squares? Hope your Mom's surgery goes well. My MIL had by-pass surgery and it helped her a lot.

Nancy J said...

Loving thoughts for your Mum, she will be so much better after the op., and your deer, what a wonderful addition to your outside family.

Karen said...

A drag racer! The things I have learned about you!

Jeanette said...

Glad you are getting the flea issue under control. Good news about your Mum. That is so lovely to look up & see wildlife out your window. Hugs,xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, Allie, it sounds like you have your hands full. Hope things work out well for Mom. Keep us posted. Love your pictures of the deer. Take care.

West Michigan Quilter said...

PS: Isn't this a new background for you? Love it!

WoolenSails said...

Glad you are getting things under control, not a fun problem to have.
I haven't seen any deer lately, guess they hide out in the summer.
Nothing much for me this weekend, just resting and thinking, lol.

Debbie

Lin said...

Your fawn is gorgeous as are those pretty fabrics on your cutting table. Good luck with those fleas! xx

desertskyquilts said...

You cracked me up! Senior league drag racing! I always liked the demolition derby, but I don't think I'd want to be a driver in it. =) It sounds to me like having the house sprayed for fleas couldn't have been worse than breathing the diatomaceous earth! LOL I'm glad they are going, even if it's slowly. I think I would be constantly itching and scratching, just from the idea of them!

Thanks for the update on your mother. I think she WILL feel so much better and more energetic afterward. What will they do while they have her heart open?

Tanya said...

"Thank you Lord for having the option of surgery for Allie's mom. Please heal her completely and protect her family from worry. In Jesus' name. Amen."

Karen Schurr said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear your mom is keeping a great attitude toward that surgery ahead. It'll be good to get feeling good again for her. Our prayers continue with her and with you, Allie.

I think there IS a senior drag association. Just saw something about it on TV a few weeks ago. I think you should do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...