Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Block 9, Postcards From Heaven, September

This month, Jenny has designed the most gorgeous postcard for you - 



and a bonus project!!!  A free mini-quilt, that you can use on any of the postcards!  How sweet is that!



Go check out her post, she has added the sweetest touches to this beautiful postcard.  Links to the postcard and bonus project are on her blog, Jenny of Elefantz.

I love this verse - no matter what's going on in my life, I'm not alone, God hears me.  He has promised that He will hear me.

I've done mine in redwork, adding a frame, as I'm going to put all my blocks into a quilt.  



I also use the KJ text for my wording.  I've uploaded the pattern for my wording, and the frame, to my craftsy shop - Allie-oops Designs.



I stitch using one or two strands.  Hearken is stitched with two, the rest of the wording with one strand.



How precious is that little basket of flowers!!!!  Please disregard that little bit of fluff.

In other Allie-news, mum had her heart cath yesterday, and she did great.  Arteries are clear, and the surgery is all systems go.  They went in through the groin, and she was supposed to take it easy for 3 days - but coming home, we tried to get her up the front steps, she was leaning heavily on my arm and took me right to the ground, at which point she went down on top of me.  We tried to get up, but were laughing so hard [while groaning in pain]....no telling what the neighbors thought!  Praise God she didn't start bleeding where they did the catheter.  And yes, we're still laughing about it, nursing our wounds, lol...

Be blessed my friends, enjoy stitching this beautiful block....
Love,
Allie

18 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute design!

Debbie said...

That's really funny, Allie! Glad you're both OK.

donna said...

Your stitching is beautiful.
So glad y'all are ok and you got a good laugh. Y'all are silly gals together.
Hugs
donna

Jocelyn Thurston said...

These little designs are so sweet. Continued good luck to your Mom.

Dolores said...

Glad you're both unhurt. I do like the simplicity of your redwork.

Kerrie said...

Hi Allie

Glad to hear that everything is on track for your Mum's operation. I can just picture how I would feel if that was me in that situation-and I would have burst out laughing just like you both-laughing is always better than being upset! Just the same glad to hear that you and your Mum were okay despite the fall.

The block is beautiful in the King James wording-just like reading the Bible but in beautiful stitchery.
May God bless you

Kerrie

kezzie.k@hotmail.com

sunny said...

Glad Mum is doing well. You brought back a funny memory. When my dh came home from bypass surgery, he didn't really have the energy to make it up our outside steps. I offered to bring him out a chair to rest in, and then we both started laughing. I'm sure any onlookers thought we'd lost our minds. We eventually did make it into the house and up another set of stairs!!

desertskyquilts said...

It's so good to be able to laugh at ourselves - that's healing already. I'm glad that everything looks good and is a go. Thank you for the KJV of the verse. It's like music in my ears. =) Thanks also for the idea of framing. I'm using mine in the middle of cq blocks, but I have seriously considered doing a redwork version ... or blue, maybe, and doing it in a wall hanging.

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh I'm so glad you are both okay! And laughing no less!

Karen Schurr said...

Oh so glad all went well for your mum. I can just picture the two of you on the ground laughing. Love your Holy Post (and Jenny's too).

Nancy J said...

Lovely postcards, and good news for your Mum. Will she really listen after the surgery and go easy???Laughter is a wonderful medicine all by itself.

Fiona said...

so glad to hear your Mums op went so well... I can just imagine the two of you falling in a heap and laughing like mad.... oh dear....

Hugz

WoolenSails said...

Always love seeing the postcards and how you both do similar but different pieces.
Glad things are going good for your mom and she is always in my prayers.

Debbie

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So I'm looking for fluff...for a while you understand. LOL!!!

I adore your mum from afar, and can actually visualise the two of you old girls cackling away while cradling aches and pains! Love you, girl. xxxxx

I am said...

Hi Allie so glad your mum's op went ok ,wishing her all the best Allie.Also love your postcard ,enjoy your day my friend xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

I get uplifted seeing these post cards each month. It's such a special project to put out into the world. Great to hear your mum is well and laughing!

Shasta Matova said...

Thank you for your continued generosity.

KaHolly said...

Great news about your mom! Glad neither of you were hurt! XO to you both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...