Saturday, June 11, 2016

Update On Oopsie

Being that I forgot to reverse my lettering yesterday, and didn't realize it until I saw the picture on my blog, I had to re-do the whole thing.  I went searching on google for a way to reverse lettering in Word 2003, and apparently you can't.  Woe is me.

You can in newer versions, but I can't walk you through that.  

So.  I put my thinking cap on, which promptly melted [it's 93F, no a/c] and scanned my printed pages into my computer.  I then opened them in paint, flipped them horizontally, and saved them as a png file.  I copied and pasted the png files into another word document, and lo and behold, it worked.


And for some strange, bonus reason, the print came out darker than the original - no light box needed to trace these onto fusible web!


Isn't that a lovely compensation for the extra work.  I'd trace them tonight, but I had used up all my fusible and need to get more tomorrow.

I don't think I ever showed you this quilt, it belongs to my friend Shirley, and was made by her husband's aunt many years ago.  I think it's interesting that what is old is new again - I'm seeing these quilts made new everywhere.  Lovely, isn't it?



And a close-up:


Have a great weekend - 

Love,
Allie


14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is the nice thing about taking photos, we notice mistakes and hopefully before we make them, lol.
That is a beautiful quilt and a treasure.

Debbie

Susan said...

Instead of reversing the text on Word - use WordArt and then flip the whole word vertically (or is it horizontally :) . That will serve the same purpose as reversing text

Yvonne said...

I think I would have had the same problem you had. Glad it turned out better than expected! That hexagon quilt is darling!

conny's quilts said...

Loveley quilt. I thought you might have simply have to flop the original letters over to get it right, untill I red you printed them on fusible web.... Great that at last you succeeded to get them out of your printer the right way. I am curious how your letter quilt will turn out.
Kind greetings, Conny

KaHolly said...

Good job working it out! I probably would have driven myself crazy and wasted a ton of time tracing the letters on the back of the paper so they'd show up reversed......;). I'm not too techno savvy, nor do I have the patience! Love the Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt. Always has been a favorite of mine. XO

Lin said...

Beautiful quilt Allie - there are so many variations of this you can never tire of seeing them. xx

Jeanette said...

Glad you got your word problem sorted. I didn't even notice they weren't reversed until you said it. Love the quilt, it's gorgeous. Hugs, xx

Kathy said...

Such a beautiful quilt! One could probably look at that all day and admire all the vintage fabrics.

Karen Schurr said...

Love that quilt, so pretty. I'm picking up old printed sheets now at local estate sales to try to get enough for a small quilt to try. Inspired always by these posts, Dear. Great hint from Susan about using WordArt, too. Have a great week.

desertskyquilts said...

What I really love is the partial blocks on the edges. They are made just a little bit differently. I think a classic design makes a resurgence every generation.

Fiona said...

well done on getting all your letters redone! what an annoyance.... I love seeing the old quilts becoming fashionable again...
Hugz

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. I have the hexagon's done, but don't know how to put them into a quilt. You have inspired me. Thanks.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I liked that you used the word charity instead of love. That King James Version was my Dad's favorite version and I have good memories discussing this with him. 93 and no a/c
Egads woman, how are you holding up????? Holy smokes. I love your friend's quilt, the aqua makes it for me!!! Hugs and hugs and stay cool,
Mickie

Sharon - creativity and family said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I'm glad you got the technical probs sorted! Is one of those things that I often forget until after its printed! Have a great week. X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...