Friday, June 17, 2016

The New House

Well, we had the closing, it's ours.  Now to pay for it, lol....wanna see?  I'm not sharing all the pics, you can thank me later.  

The house.


2200 sq ft., so twice the size of the one we're in now.
In front, on the left is the living room, on the right is the kitchen and dining area.  Upstairs are four good-sized bedrooms, one with a balcony.  There are 2 1/2 baths.  No carpet anywhere, thank goodness.

On closing day, we inspected the house right before close.  We walked to the back, out by the outbuilding, and I saw what appeared to be a deer statue between the fruit trees - I thought "what dummy would put a deer statue there", and then it moved!  She was waiting to greet us to our new home.  Totally unafraid of us.  The guy who lived there told me they also have red foxes that frequent the place.



From the driveway.  Our lot goes back about 30 - 40ft beyond the furthest vegetation you can see.  The outbuilding is almost 1,000 sq ft, and hubby couldn't be happier!  [Plus, it has a furnace!]


Other side of the house.  The doorwall goes to my sewing room, the balcony to the largest bedroom.


The kitchen.  I LOVE the kitchen.  Two wall ovens - built-in glass-top stove - dishwasher - and a pass-through to the hallway, for some reason, but it makes it feel much more open, and there's a ton of counter space over there.  The layout is perfect for me.


This is the hallway from just to the left of the kitchen, leading into the SEWING ROOM.  Past the closet are the stairs leading to the bedrooms on the left, down the steps is a door leading to the garage, laundry area, and full bath.  To the right is an odd area - 


This is in the sewing room.  I honestly thought there was a wall where those shelves are - the guy had two very large fish tanks there.  We may wall that off and make that room a pantry, or else it will become part of the sewing room.  I'd really like a pantry.


Windows in the sewing room.


We walked as far as we could to the back of the lot, in the distance you can see the house and my car in the driveway.  Hard to believe that right down the street, within walking distance, is a Tim Horton's, Wendy's, Kroger, Dollar Tree, you name it - it really feels like you're in the country.  And somewhere on the property is a well, we have to find it so we can water our future garden.  Oh, and down the street is a house that sells fresh eggs!

We have the utilities turned on, except the water - they're coming out Monday to do the final read, the guy didn't get that done.  I can't start cleaning without water!!!  And I refuse to move stuff into a dirty house.  Sunday the internet guy is coming out, yay for that.

Needless to say, no sewing of any kind is going on, and not much internetting.  In the midst of all this, my mother really needs your prayers desperately - she got a letter today from the city, it looks like she's lost her house, we're going to try to save it but not sure if we can.  So while she's going through all the medical testing for liver failure, and heart failure, we may have to move her too.  

So if you would keep us in your thoughts and prayers, we'd really appreciate it.  

Love,
Allie


41 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a totally amazing home fingers are crossed that it won't be long 💖💖💖

susan nieuwoudt said...

Congrats and hope you have many blessed years in your new home!!!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Alrighty!!! What a wonderful home and a huge sewing room!! I love it all, but the fresh eggs close by put it over the top...giggle. I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mom's problems. :( Prayers for you all!

Sew This N That said...

Wow my friend what a beautiful house, I am so envious of all that space and what a sewing room you are going to make.....that room is almost as big as our entire bungalow!
Sorry to hear about your mum sweetie, I dont follow religion but I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope all goes well for you all.
Heather xxx

O'faigh said...

Hello Allie,loved seeing your new home my thoughts and prayers for your dear mum hugs lyn

Lin said...

Allie it is brilliant - you are going to make it so beautiful I am sure. I am so pleased for you. xx

shez said...

Hi Allie wow your new home is amazing I love it so much room.I will pray for your mum. She is so gorgeous ,I wish the very best for her my friend xx

Karen Schurr said...

What a wonderful sewing room you're gonna have! All those WINDOWS!!!! Such a beautiful lot, too. I'm so sorry about your mom's problems. Raising her up in my daily prayers. Such a busy time for you, Darlin'. Enjoy, and keep us posted about your new home's improvements, and Mum's issues, too. Hugs, Sweetie.

Karen said...

The most important rooms....Sewing Room, kitchen, and bathroom. Notice I said sewing room first. You are going to have so much room to add all your things to and more later on.

Dolores said...

Well, congratulations. It looks marvelous. And to think that most people downsize as their children get older. Lots of room inside and outside for future grandchildren to play in. Heck, invite us all over and we'll pitch tents in your backyard. A Timmy's and a Dollar Tree? What more could you ask for. (I don't know what a Kroger's is and I don't often eat at Wendy's.)
Prayers to your lovely mom.

Kate said...

Allie, it looks like a dream home - congrats and enjoy!

Shasta Matova said...

You chose a wonderful house to be your new home. It is beautiful. A country feel with amenities close by - a separate sewing room, beautiful back yard, wonderful kitchen. Take your time to turn it into your home. Prayers for your Mom.

paulette said...

What a lovely big house...and your SEWING ROOM is huge and lots of natural light! You are going to love it! I am so sorry to hear about your mom! You are both in my thoughts!! Hang in there!
P

Judith Burry said...

looks great. hope you have many happy years there.

Kathy said...

Oh your new place looks and sounds beautiful!! So much space and yard! Awesome. And prayers for your mom, her health, and her home situation.

~Laurie~ said...

Congratulations Allie and family!!! Everything looks so nice and roomy - it will be wonderful not to be so cramped! Wishing you the best of luck in this new endeavor - thanks for sharing it with us :)

WoolenSails said...

Love your new home, it has everything you could want and a nice country setting but close to everything. We are like that too, but all the stores are close by.

Debbie

KaHolly said...

Oh, honey, it's a wonderful house and surrounding property! Congratulations! Get that guest room ready! I'm on my way (don't I wish!) XXOO

Nancy J said...

Dear Allie, happiness for you and prayers in heaps for your Mum, how could this happen right now? Love that sewing room with all those windows, and no carpet, so easy to sweep up clippings and threads. Wonderful size,and it looks so peaceful. I will have you in my thoughts, as you prepare to clean and move in, and for your darling Mum.Hugs from NZ.XXXX

Terry said...

Your new house looks great! Congratulations!! :0)

Edith Csokmay said...

Congratulations on your new home. It's beautiful and I agree - I want a clean house before I move all my stuff. LOL
Praying for "Mom". Sorry about her home and health concerns.

xx

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congratulations! I love your house. What a great kitchen AND sewing room. The lot looks nice and big. Lots of room for a garden. Hope all goes well for your Mom.

sunny said...

It's awesome, Allie! Look at all the light in that sewing room. Many prayers for your Mum. She just can't catch a break right now.

Bilko Parker said...

What a great place, congratulations. A prayer for you and your family and one for your mother, hoping all goes well. Guida.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Holding mum in my prayers, and totally praising God for your new home. Love you Allie-girl! xxxxx

Fiona said...

fantastic new place you have... and great natural light for the sewing room.. Oh I do hope htings work out for your Mum... big hugz to her

Hugz

margaret said...

your Mum is in my prayers both for the medical tests and for keeping her house. Your new home looks wonderful, such a light bright big sewing room you have there. Deer and foxes too and a lovely open space wonder if you plan to grow veg and plant fruit trees you certainly have plenty of land. I wish you joy and happiness in your new home

Yvonne said...

Being Dutch, living in the Netherlands all American houses are huge to us! Your new home is great. Hope you are going to be happy in it! And what a great space for a sewing room.

Jeanette said...

Wow Allie. Your new home is fabulous. Love all that space. I do hope everything goes well for your Mum. Praying for her. Hugs,xx

desertskyquilts said...

The house is fabulous! That kitchen was just made for canning and jelly making. =) The sewing room - oh, wow, those windows! I'm so happy for you, and at the same time, completely jealous - and a bedroom balcony - all the wonderful things you deserve! I'm so sorry about your mom's house - this is a lot for her and for you, too.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. The house looks beautiful! You are going to love that sewing room with all those windows.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Hi Allie, Your new home-to-be looks so spacious and I love all the windows in your new sewing room-to-be; light is so important to us stitchers. Sorry though to hear of bad news on the heels of your good. Poor Mom; it is like the saying when it rains, it pours. Fingers crossed things will not be as dire as they sound.

Sharon - creativity and family said...

Oh Allie, what a mixed week! Of course I'll try to think about and pray for your sweet Mum, I do hope things can be resolved! On a positive note, your house is beautiful and your sewing room.... Those windows and all that space, you'll have such fun organising it all. The balcony is adorable and how wonderful to have deer visiting - if they don't eat all your plants! 😉 I hope you have a good week with some better news for your Mum. Xx

donna said...

I love seeing your new home. It is so nice to have big windows in your sewing room to see outside and all that natural light. The yard is awesome. Your sweet mom is in my prayers my dear.

Águeda said...

Your house is the home of my dreams!. I wish you the best in your new life. I pray for the health and the problem of your mum. God bless you, Allie, and Bless your family too.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Oh Allie, I love the house, it is soooo big~~!!! Congrats and congrats! It looks wonderful, envious of the kitchen (AND THE TWO OVENS!) and your sewing room is LOVELY. This is so exciting!!! Hugs and hugs, Mickie and Seamus

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your house is awesome!! Keep us posted on your mom. I am so sorry she is going through this.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on your new home!!! How exciting! I hope your mom is okay and that her home is safe.

Cathy said...

Allie I am so happy for you. You are going to have a dream of a sewing room. Hugs

Fleurette said...

Congratulations Allie, it looks wonderful! Wishing you all many happy years there. Love your huge sewing room. Enjoy!

Tanya said...

Absolutely beautiful home and I can think of nothing more peaceful than deer neighbors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...