Friday, June 24, 2016

Popping In

Thought I'd drop in between packing boxes to let you know this move hasn't killed me yet.  But there's still time.


Our neighbors.  Seriously, these bucks are so tame.  And playful!  The big one came leaping out of the woods, ran donuts all over the yard, and leaped back in - twice.

This is my last night in our old house.  Tomorrow, my bedroom, sewing room, and washer and dryer will get moved.  I'm first to stay in the new house!  As it should be.  We're nowhere near moved, amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in a tiny house in 25 years.

I've been doing nothing more than cleaning until tonight, when we finally moved some stuff in.  I still have all the closets to clean, the lower cupboards in the kitchen, the bedrooms...but all the bathrooms are clean, most of the kitchen, and of course the sewing room.

Good news on the mom front - she can keep her house.  We're setting up a budget for her.  My brother is the enforcer.  I'd really like to build her a house on our property...but that will have to wait.

I'm sorry I haven't answered any comments since my last post, we already have internet at the new house so hopefully that will happen soon.  It's just finding the time!!!!

See you soon - 
Love,
Allie



17 comments:

O'faigh said...

Hi Allie no stress you can only do so much enjoy your new home

Yvonne said...

It must be so exiting to move into a new home! And how fun it is to have deer in the yard! I think I could watch them all day!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Don't worry about answering comments! Have fun with your move!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

How very exciting! I know all that goes into a big move like that. So don't worry about responding to comments. I'm just so happy for you :-)

Lin said...

Oh how lovely! We know there are deer in our valley but very rarely see them. It all sounds so exciting and lovely to be able to move 'at leisure' as it were rather than all in one go. xx

sunny said...

So happy to hear about Mum's house! It would be nice to have her on your property, though, sometime in the future. All the hard work you're doing will pay off soon! Just think how creative your designing mind will be when it gets into the new sewing room, and all is clean and organized throughout the house. Hugs!

Nancy J said...

This seems like it is really happening right now, cleaning and packing, so soon you'll be in that wonderful room with so many windows, perfect. And your Mum, that's good news too. Have you already sold your other home? Happy times with those deer.

Kathy said...

I can sure feel your excitement over moving in to the new house! And such good news about your mom!! That is most wonderful.

WoolenSails said...

Glad to hear that you are finally moving in and that your mom can keep her home.
Can't wait to see how you decorate and looks like you will enjoy the views from your window.

Debbie

Jeanette said...

That is great news about your Mum's home. What fun to have the deer run about your back yard. Hugs, xx

desertskyquilts said...

Don't answer, Allie! I'm just excited to follow along with your progress and tell you I'm cheering that you are in the new house! I'm so excited for you, and so happy for your mother, too. I know that's a relief for her. Wouldn't it be lovely for her to have a little cottage behind you? Maybe a little A-frame? Have fun with your unpacking now!

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Dear Allie, don't worry about us...we'll be still here when you are all happily set up in your new home. I know exactly what you are going through as I am doing the same thing. Tiring but exciting at the same time. Make sure you hydrate, eat and get a good rest each day.

Shasta Matova said...

Great news about your Moms house! You have such a beautiful view! Moving to a new place is stressful, so take it easy and enjoy the journey.

Fiona said...

oh gosh its all happening.... so glad your mum is sorted for the time being. that is wonderful and you are going to be so glad to be in your new home... yayayayaya
Hugz

Sandra :) said...

OMG The Enforcer, LOL! She's gonna shoot you AND your brother with her water gun! ;) Glad the move is going well ... your visitors are cuter than most of the ones I see! ;)

Sharon - creativity and family said...

Fantastic Allie, I hope all goes well and don't knock yourself up!! So thankful to hear that your Mum can stay in her home, many prayers answered :-) I hope you have a good week. xx

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The buck are running and having fun now because they know it isn't hunting season. During season they tend to disappear.

A new house is exciting. Unpacking not so much. I tend to go through our house and purge about once a year. I know I am a pack rat and I have to purge regularly to keep it under control.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...