Monday, May 23, 2016

Impatience

I admit it, I'm no good at waiting.  Once my mind is made up, I like to act on it, right then.  

But.  If a thing is worth having, it's worth waiting for, right?  Like, a house.  Sigh.  Still waiting on paperwork.

Reminds me of my Army days.  Hurry up and wait.

My sewing machine is packed away, which is a good thing, because I'm so absent-minded right now nothing would turn out right.  I'm working on hand projects.  Which is Allie-speak for "nothing to show you".

Mum and I went to visit our friend Shirley last week, it was so good to see her.  She had her 86th birthday recently, is still walking miles a day, and still moves like a young girl.  Her family bought her a new porch set for her birthday, it's just gorgeous - wouldn't you love to have a porch like this for morning coffee?


And a random pic from Mother's Day, because I have nothing quilty or stitchy to show.



Mum says "hi".  I'm taking her to the heart doctor later this week, her batteries on her pacemaker are almost done, so they're keeping a close eye on her.  Haha - my mom is battery-operated.

That's all for now, just wanted to pop in and say "I'm still here - well, most of me".  Not too sure about mentally.

Love,
Allie

19 comments:

O'faigh said...

Hi Allie love the patio setting been thinking of you regards lyn

KaHolly said...

Everything in its time, Allie! In the meantime, you've got your handwork and your family to keep you busy!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Glad you are still here :-)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I totally understand your impatience! I hope they speed things up for you!!

Wendy B said...

Oh Allie-girl, you're definitely mentally 'here'! love to your battery operated mum.....think of you often....sending you a little gift! xox

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You crack me up.....battery operated. Hugs

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwww that's a great (grand)Mother's Day picture :) Gorgeous patio set - I do believe I'll have a cup of tea on the lanai (sp?) - thank you! ;)

When is the house supposed to close - I didn't realize it was coming so quickly! I'm terrible at waiting too!

sunny said...

Thanks for checking in! I hope all works out with the house and you're moved in soon.

Kathy said...

Soon you will have lots of handwork projects to post and we will all wonder how in the world you got so much accomplished while moving house!! :)
Beautiful family picture.

kupton52 said...

Saying a quick prayer for you now....quilty hugs...kathy in WV

shez said...

Hi Allie ,wow that one gorgeous patio setting,love it.
Hi to your mum,love that family pic,your boy on the left looks so much like my son,lol,enjoy your day my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

I hope the paper works gets done quickly so you can get into your new home.
Love her porch and the set is beautiful, nice space to enjoy while stitching.

Debbie

Karen Schurr said...

Love it....battery operated. So funny. Glad all is well even though it's "Hurry up and Wait" time. Nice time to just sit back and enjoy the nice weather that's finally upon us. Beautiful picture of Mum and the kiddos. Hugs.

donna said...

Yes, I would love to have a patio like that. So pretty and the Texas size mosquitos would not carry me off. lol You are so silly, what a great picture of your mom.
Hugs
donna

paulette said...

You will be snug in your new house before you know it!! Love the wise-crack about your battery operated mother!! Looks like she is going strong!

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Congrats on the new home. These things take time and can't be rushed. Inspections are important though tiresome. But I know how eager you are and am happy you will soon have the sewing room you deserve.

Fiona said...

not many of us do patience well - especially when there is so much to do aswell. Lovely picture of your mum and the boys...
Hugz

desertskyquilts said...

It'll be worth it in the long run, but in the short run, it's a real pain. I'm with you. I want what I want and I want it NOW! =) Love the picture of your mom. I don't suppose they can just replace the batteries before they go, right? I do love that porch set, but mostly, I'd love that porch!

Lin said...

Hi Allie - good to hear from you and I am hoping that all will go well with the paperwork for you. Great porch set - in fact gorgeous! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...