Saturday, April 16, 2016

Celebrating The Songbirds


I'm celebrating the return of the songbirds - how we've missed them here in the frozen tundra!  It's finally spring, and the weather is cooperating.

You may remember Sunny sent me some vintage sheets - well, it got me fired up.  I combined some with my bird from my Summer Concert applique pattern, added some crayons, and I love it.  It's exactly the look I want to add to my vintage sheet quilt.


My wee bluebird is wearing a crown of pretty flowers, and singing her heart out, enjoying the warmth of the sun.  


I think she may need some feathered companions in this quilt - the design wheels are spinning!  


I don't think I can stop at just one, not when the quilt will be bed-sized.  I really love the way the sheet design peeks through the coloring.  It's not often that something turns out exactly like you hoped!!

If you'd like to color and stitch your own songbird, you can just click to find her >>HERE<<.   An instant download - you can start stitching today!

You can find my coloring tutorial  >>HERE<<, there's also a link in the pattern itself.  Of course, you can stitch her without the crayons, but it's so much fun!

I have a busy day ahead, unfortunately not looking at houses - a busy but mundane day.  But the sun is shining, it's going to 70F, the birds are singing and I'm going to enjoy it - I hope you do too!!!

Love,
Allie







24 comments:

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Why is it I love everything you design! You are so generous to offer those links too. I meant to say last time that your twirly garden reminded me of a show my little 2 year old grandson loves...The Twirly Woos. Love the name.

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful and love the stitchery you do, beautiful work.

Debbie

Kate said...

Allie, your bluebird is SO beautiful!!!!
I am envious of your 70F for today.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Toooo cute! I can hear him singing!

sunny said...

That is SOOOOO cute! I never would have thought to stitch on the sheets like that. You must be some kind of artistic genius. :-)

Nancy J said...

Beautiful stitches, is it really springtime at your place? That looks so summery, and I love the misty background fabric. Have a wonderful weekend, never mind the house looking!!!

Jeanette said...

So pretty Allie. Love it. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

what a lovely little bird singing for spring..... It must be warming up there as our evenings are finally getting cooler
Hugz

Lindah said...

Love your little birdie singing her heart out. 70 degrees is perfect. With birds song and flowers, who could ask for more. We had a lot of rain this winter so the flowers are intense. I've never heard my DH wax so eloquently about the flowers. Tis a gift from God.

Brenda said...

This is very sweet Allie! I love your sweet bird and it does look wonderful on the vintage sheet.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very sweet Allie 💖

Lin said...

Your little bird is so pretty - I love the look Allie. Hope your Sunday is good. xx

KaHolly said...

Hurray for spring! Charming piece!!!

Karen said...

How creative to use the sheet parts that way. Never ever would have thought of it.

Sandra :) said...

That block is totally adorable - I can hear her singing too! (I think she's a she, lol). My Saturday was fantastic --- both boys unexpectedly dropped by at different times - it was such a nice surprise, and it made my day! They're both coming back today for supper, but there's something about an unexpected visit to see old mom and dad, that makes my heart sing :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

OMGoodness- This is gorgeous!!! Your design is so sweet and the colours you've used inspired by the vintage sheets are so dreamy. I hope your busy day goes well.

desertskyquilts said...

That's so adorable. I love what you did.

Kathy said...

I love the close up. Your stitches are so pretty and perfect!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your song birds! I'm ready for spring!

Claudia Bugh said...

Aw. What a sweet and pretty songbird! When I was going through a particularly difficult time I will always remember how listening to birds singing refreshed soothed me :)

donna said...

Allie you song bird is so sweet. I love the coloring too. Your stitching is beautiful my dear.
Hugs
donna

shez said...

good morning Allie what a cute song bird,enjoy your day my friend xx

Shasta Matova said...

Oh how adorable! That little birdie is having a sweet happy life indeed. So much to love about it - the colors, the sweetness, the music, the wreath of flowers, the coloring, the applique, the fabric, I could go on and on.

Edith Csokmay said...

Oh Allie !!! Your little songbird is adorable. I'm right there with you. The best part of my day is first thing in the morning before the sun even comes up and hearing them sing and then listening for them throughout the day. Can't wait to see the rest of your design.

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...