Saturday, March 19, 2016

Warm Woolen Mittens

You need them today - winter seems to have returned, although tomorrow is the first day of spring.  I had to unpack my winter coat again!  Although yesterday, I saw a gal go into the Dairy Queen in the shortest shorts I've ever seen in my life.  Typical Michigander.

Since it's chilly, I pulled out a project that requires the iron.



Nothing like summer colors and a hot iron on a cold winter day.  I started re-making my Whirly Twirly Garden.  I didn't have any fabrics I liked, so I went shopping at my best friend's sewing studio and found a perfect charm pack.    But because you can't wash a charm pack to get the sizing out, it doesn't want to stick as well as it should, so I'm ironing then stitching one piece at a time.  And LOVING it.

I added a new page, Useful Links, at the top.  if you have any to add feel free to let me know!  They're not tutorials to specific projects, but rather different techniques.  I've used quite a few of them.  I'm sure I'll be adding more as I find them!

It feels good to be working with fabric again, I've been in such a slump the past couple of weeks.  Lots of trouble getting to sleep, then sleeping for 12 hours.  I'm almost regretting giving mum my exercise bike, as I really need to exercise, but she's doing so well now that I couldn't think of taking it back!  I'll just go up and down the stairs as many times as I can.  

I hope you're enjoying your weekend, too - 

Love,
Allie


22 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun piece to do, and doing happy spring pieces while we wait for winter to go away is a great way to keep our moods up. I run up and down stairs all the time, so that is one way I exercise inside, lol.

Debbie

Melody said...

Fsuch a cute project.

em's scrapbag said...

Cute little project underway. Hope you start sleeping better soon.

Sandra :) said...

We had summer sun but winter temps today - apparently there may be snow in our not-too-distant future - just in time for the first day of spring - PFFT! LOL! I don't think we'll get much, and I don't think it'll stick - I refuse to think otherwise :) I still haven't put my winter coat away - I thought we were done with the cold weather but hadn't gotten around to it :D When I went out for a walk yesterday morning I could have used my mittens - I was too lazy to come back and get them, so I pulled my arms into the sleeve of my coat and walked that way, haha.

Águeda said...

The project looks great. You take good care of your health. Have a good day.

shez said...

Hi Allie,oh this is going to be so cute ,glad to hear your mum is doing ok xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your project Allie xxxx

Lin said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece Allie. We have had a beautiful sunny week and have been working in the garden. However, woke up to rain this morning but as it's 'a day of rest' and we have been to Church, I am happy to spend the rest of the day indoors! xx

Anthea said...

Looks like it's going to be a very pretty project Allie!

Karen said...

You need to move south, Allie!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

We could use your woolen mittens here today! 45 at 10:35 burrr! Really cute fabric.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute project Allie. Looking forward to seeing it completed. We have sun today, but it is cold. You gotta love Michigan!

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's good to hear the exercise is helping your Mum. I hope your sleeping patterns settle down. I'm a terrible sleeper so I know how disruptive it is. Your new project is lovely and I like your way of warming up by doing a project that needs ironing.

desertskyquilts said...

One of my favorites of your designs! Such happy fabric that one will be. I'm glad your mom is doing better - now to get you back up and running! Well, not literally. Walking will do just fine. ;)

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Looks like another lovely 'Allie' pattern there. Perhaps when we really do get sun and spring temperatures together you'll get your usual vim and vigour back, Allie. Here's hoping!

Fiona said...

a very sweet design in the making there....
Hugz

Edith Csokmay said...

Allie, you already know this is one of my absolute favorite patterns and was excited when you told me it would be applique. You have chosen such happy, fun fabrics for a happy, fun design. Can't wait to work on this one. . . I need a new wall hanging for summer :)

Shasta Matova said...

Your new project looks like a fun happy project to make on the first day of spring. It looks great in the springy fabrics. And the fact that it can keep you warm on a cold day is a bonus! Good idea to do one piece at a time. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope going up and down the steps helps get you back in stride.

Claudia Bugh said...

I love inspiration packs! They are such a fun way to get your creative juices flowing. I'm sorry to hear your sleep is erratic. I find a nice relaxing bubble bath before bed is helpful to a goodnight's sleep. But that being said in stressful times or if something is weighing on your mind that won't help. Instead sometimes writing down what is troubling you and resolving in your mind what steps you can or can not take can be helpful. You are a wonderful daughter and your mom is so lucky to have you. Happy Easter Allie.

O'faigh said...

Hi Allie love your new header we are into autumn now and the days are drawing in hugs lyn

KaHolly said...

Hope, by now, it's warmed up a little for you. Looking forward to seeing the next step of your pretty little project!

donna said...

I spy some cuteness. Happy Spring my dear.
Hugs
donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...