Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Happy

The days are getting longer - and I love it.


We took mum grocery shopping last night [although there are so many leftovers from Easter, I don't know what she could have needed], and they had some bouquets of tulips on sale.  They were looking a little sad....droopy from lack of water...so I rescued some.  Tulips are my favorite flower.



Don't you just love the inside of a tulip?  It's like a wonderful secret. 

I'm having an anniversary of my mother's most painful day, so she tells me - so my boys got me seasons 1-3 of Downton Abbey.  Unfortunately, they like to spread these things out over several occasions.  


I was going to wait til I had all six seasons to start watching, because we all know how addictive Downton can be, but last night I caved and watched all of season one.    I'm going to have to rush order seasons 4-6.  I had never seen season one, and refused to watch season six on principle, because I didn't want it to end.  Having the dvd's, it doesn't have to end ever!

There is some stitching going on, and drawing - 




I'm currently working on nine projects.  I must be certifiable.  I need more project baskets.  Or more hands.  Or maybe therapy.  

Don't forget - tomorrow night my time, which is Friday morning Jenny's time, I'll be uploading April's postcard - I've seen Jenny's version and I love it!  I think you will too!

Til then, be good, be happy...wait a minute.  I almost forgot to tell you - I can't believe it!  We put in an offer on a house!  It's a foreclosure, on half an acre, 4 bedrooms in the main house, fireplace, full dry basement - our current basement is always wet - and best of all?  An addition.  A HUGE addition, with its own bathroom and kitchen.  It will be my sewing room, if we get it - there are seven offers pending on it!  There's no garage, so we'll have to put in a pole barn, but there's plenty of room.  A 1947 Cape Cod - prayers are ever so appreciated!!!!


Love,
Allie




26 comments:

Cathe Swanson said...

Praise God! I hope you get the house. It sounds wonderful. <3

Kate said...

Good luck with the house - it sounds perfect!! Your red tulips say "happy" to me. You're such a tease with that wee peek at your project. :)

sunny said...

Happy Anniversary of your Mom's most painful day. Happy Birthday is much simpler to say. Love your tulips. Our Easter guests brought a bunch of roses - the prettiest color I've ever seen. And they get more beautiful each day. :-) I have Season 1 and 3 of DA. Must get the others so I can start watching again.

Terra Hangen said...

What a thoughtful gift for you on the anniversary of your mom's most painful day. We also enjoyed Julian Fellowe's new show, Dr. Thorne, 3 episodes. I hope your house bid is accepted.

WoolenSails said...

I am loving the longer days, get more done and can get outside later in the day.
Sounds like you had a fun day with your mom.

Debbie

Melody said...

A lovely post. I really hope you get that house...sounds wonderful

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Therapy....that's what I need...giggle. Loving the Tulips and your projects. Prayers for the house!!!!!

Ɓgueda said...

I have nine projects too . You and I are going to therapy together :))
Good luck with the house!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm loving the longer days too. Your tulips are beautiful. Hope you get the house. It sounds perfect!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow how exciting! I hope you are able to get the house. It would be a wonderful Quilt Cave!

shez said...

Hi Allie i love your new look blog and those tulips are beautiful enjoy your birthdaymy friend AND I LOVE downton abby too,have fun watching xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The prayers are flying heavenward!!!
I'm so happy your mum had that painful day cause it gave me one of the most treasured friends in all the world. xxxxx

KaHolly said...

Delightful post! Good luck with the house! Sounds divine!

Jocelyn Thurston said...

You're a busy Allie that's for sure. But look at that lovely stitching; I'm envious of such neat perfect stitches. That house sounds so great. Add my wish to the pile that it will be yours!

Bilko Parker said...

Prayers that you get your new home and although I feel for your mothers painful birth, I am rather glad of it, because now the world has a lovely person to make all the bad stuff better. Take care, Guida.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Allie,
lovely stitching and I hope you will get the house. Sounds great.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hope all goes well with the house ...... Love Downton ... Nice stitching xxxxx

Michele McLaughlin said...

Sending tons of prayers for your home! I hope you get it! Your projects look great!!! You really color fabric so nicely and the applique project looks fantastic. Downton Abbey is addictive :) You will have fun with that!!! Hugs and hugs~
Mickie

donna said...

Happy Birthday my dear. I love seeing your work. Everything is gorgeous. That home sounds awesome. Prayers that they except your bid.
Hugs
donna

Sandra :) said...

Good luck with the house ... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Now where's our cake?!? ;)

desertskyquilts said...

Oh, you snuck that one in good at the end! I do pray for you - what a great birthday present that would be. When will you hear about it? Is it very far from where you are now? I love the peeks at your WTG applique version. Yes, therapy, I think. LOL I can hardly wait for the post today. Going to go see if it's up and I just didn't get the e-mail yet! I do love tulips and not even ONE of my dozen bloomed! I'm glad you got something you liked for your birthday. I was not able to get into that show ... I know, I'm probably the only person in the free world who couldn't! And happy birthday!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Happy Birthday Allie!! Tulips are a wonderful way to celebrate, I love how they keep growing longer and changing each day. Have fun watching Dounton Abby, it's so hard to restrain yourself and not watch them all at once! Your sewing project is so pretty.

Kathy said...

Oh how exciting!! I do hope you get it. I live in a Cape Cod built in 1945. No seven acre lot, but a nice neighborhood nonetheless. Most of the houses on the street were built by the same builder but ours is the only tri-level cape. The master bedroom is on the third level by itself. Our main floor was only a kitchen and living room so we had to turn the attached garage into a family room (I fear we would not still be married if we had to bump into each other for 33 years!!). Then a detached garage was a must for my husband's car hobby. Keep us posted!

Kathy said...

Shoot . . . where on earth did I come up with seven acres anyway?

Karen Schurr said...

Oh, how exciting! Fingers crossed for your getting the house. Love those 40s homes. So much character. Great shots of those beautiful tulips, too. Very nice micro shot.

Fiona said...

Oh my goodness - all the best with the house....xxx lovely stitching and i love tulips too - they seem such happy flowers
Hugz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...