Friday, February 19, 2016

Whirly Twirly Garden

It was a beautiful sunrise earlier, so glad I got up to see it - that's rare around here.  


Of course, it will look nicer when there's leaves on the trees.

Since I got up so early, and couldn't make any noise [night shift was asleep], I decided to finish writing a pattern.  


Whirly Twirly Garden - you may recognize it as I started to make it as an applique, which I'm still planning on doing at some point.  Just not today.


I enjoyed doing it as a stitchery, especially the scalloped border - I'm going to frame it using a tutorial from Jenny of Elefantz, using a picture frame.  You can find the tutorial HERE.   
I'm on the hunt for the perfect picture frame!



Whirly Twirly Garden is now available in my craftsy shop for instant download!  Just click HERE!

I've started quilting my applique design, and am enjoying it so much!  I think I need to make more so I always have something to hand quilt.


I'll be taking it with me tonight, mum and I are going to visit our friend Shirley.  We haven't been over there since the plague visited our house. (So glad that's over.)  We've missed her so much, it'll be good to sit and chat for hours while I stitch.

I wish you all a very happy Friday, unless you're Down Under in which case I hope you had a happy Friday, and all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Allie




18 comments:

Nancy J said...

Yes, we had a great Friday, cooler, some rain the day before, and family arriving today as grandson sets off to University on Sunday.We are in a good part- way- place for a stopover. A week of orientation, then the really hard days begin. Love that stitchery and applique.

Shasta Matova said...

That is a beautiful sky picture! Love both of your projects - so cute! Love the border of the embroidery project!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You are SO creative and talented!

Kate said...

Allie, your whirly twirly garden is beautiful!! I really like the hand quilting around your spring applique. I like hand quilting, too.
Enjoy the weekend and the milder weather.

Jeanette said...

Love the embroidery Allie. Hugs,xx

shez said...

Hello Allie oh i love your sunrise pic,very pretty,oh your stitching is so perfect,i love seeing what you are stitching,such beautiful work,i hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun design and love the stitching on your appliqué piece.
I got some patterns from a friend and more coming, think I will be doing a lot of stitcheries this year;)

Debbie

Rachaeldaisy said...

Both projects are so fun and happy. Isn't it great that early mornings when rewarded with spectacular sunrises.

sunny said...

Whirly Twirly is so cute! I wish I had a fraction of your talent. :-)

Águeda said...

Allie, I look your quilting work , around of flowers. It is as fantastic as the design. Very good work!

Ondrea said...

Oh my! Such lovely designs. Sorry I haven't dropped by for a while.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks like it was a beautiful morning on your side of the state. It was sunny and warm here too...and then the winds started. Oh, my. Fortunately I didn't lose electricity like a lot of people did. Love your projects. You are so talented!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Beautiful projects and wonderful stitching.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Karen said...

Your stitching is so good. How many strands of floss do you use?

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving your Whirly and added it to my Allie collection....:) Thanks.

desertskyquilts said...

What a darling stitchery! I put it in my cart so I won't forget to get it. I like the quilting you're doing on the flower pot, too. What fun you are having!

O'faigh said...

Hello Allie, gorgeous stitchery pattern. love it. Regards, Lyn

Carrie P. said...

you are staying very busy creating new patterns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...