Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sustenance

Because lots of stitching requires it.


After this flu I've had, I swore off sugar.  Unfortunately for my resolutions, our grocery store had Spanish peanuts....which meant chocolate ice cream....which meant chocolate syrup.  I believe we used to call those a Tin Roof Sundae.  If that won't keep you going, I don't know what will!  

And I do need to keep going!  Right?  Right?  A girl can't stitch with only coffee to keep her spirits up, as wonderful as coffee is.


You may have noticed some changes in Allie-land.  Since this IS my happy place, I decided I needed roses.  Lots and lots of roses.  Roses always make me think of my grandma, and thinking of grandma brings back those happy years I had with her.  She was my sweet, Wild Irish Rose....and her eyes were always smiling.

Are you ready for February's Postcard From Heaven?  It's almost here....I'll probably upload late tomorrow night, as it will already be the 1st in Australia.  I can't wait!  See you then! 

Love,
Allie


15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Allie every quilter knows stitching & chocolate go together. Just doesn't seem right to have one without the other. :). Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

its very hard to break off sweets ... the cravings never seem to stop. love the roses on your blog so nice to come to your happy place
Hugz

Sandra :) said...

Swore off sugar --- 3 words that will never come out of MY mouth, lol! And on that note - I need to bake cookies tomorrow to take to DS1's house for dessert - it was his birthday yesterday and we're going out for dinner with him tomorrow night, but after that we're going to his house for cake and ice-cream - mom is bringing the treats ;)

sunny said...

mmmmm..now I want ice cream! Tomorrow for sure. Love your roses. Yes, you should always surround yourself with pretty things that you love. And I love the inspiration of your sailboat wall hanging Mine is all cut out and will be assembled at retreat in a couple of weeks!

WoolenSails said...

I love your new look and banner, it makes me happy too.
Can't wait to see your postcard, they will be nice to make as gifts.

Debbie

desertskyquilts said...

I'm ready! I need the link for my scheduled Monday goals post. LOL I like the look of your stitching here, and I don't care what you call it, that bowl of goodness is so tempting! Love your banner, and the roses are great. I liked hearing you talk about your grandmother, too.

Victoria said...

Love the embroidered stitchery on your header. Your design?

Victoria said...

I just looked into your patterns for sale & there was the sweet house that is in your header...for free!!! Thank-you so much!

Liz said...

Everything goes well with chocolate!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Ha! After a big sweets pig out yesterday, I swore off sugar this morning. Wonder how long that will last? Love your new banner.

Cathy said...

I love your new header and the roses. Can't wait for the newest postcard. Hugs

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Well that small snack ought to take care of things....yummy

Kathy said...

Ice cream is good for a sore throat (and so is chocolate), so you can always pretend you have one! I used to love (still do) vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and Spanish peanuts. We called it a Mexican sundae.

puddlingabout said...

Hi Allie! Long time no read. :) Thanks to Cathe I've refound you. Love the roses. I have always loved roses but find them next to impossible to grow here in Houston. Too much humidity and wet. Way too much black spot fungus.

I think of you every time I go to Cora's house. She still has the hanging you made she and Vova for their wedding up. It's a treasure of theirs. Believe it or not they are coming up on year 12 and have three kids!

Marcelyn

Edith Csokmay said...

Your blog is looking beautiful. Definitely wants you to be a repeat visitor. . . just like to Grandma's or your own garden. Just beautiful.
And yes, we must have chocolate with our coffee in every form that it comes in :)

xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...