Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mending

No, not the jeans kind.  The healing kind.  I'm finally on the mend.  After six days spent mostly in bed, without food or [more importantly] COFFEE, I'm now up and about!  That first sip of java was incredible - and the first meal I "cooked" couldn't have been improved upon.  Rice with frozen peas added in [cools the rice, warms the peas without making them mushy] and a can of tuna just plain.  I've never tasted a better meal in my life.

After I slaked my thirst and filled my tummy, I had strength to look around my sewing room.  EGADS what a mess.  I had forgotten, if you can believe it, that I had gone to Joann Fabrics on Thursday - my oldest son John had taken my fabric and washed it for me.


For which I was profoundly grateful, but it took me several moments to remember where it had come from.  It's for a new project.

And no, he doesn't fold the laundry - he just washes it and brings it in here.  It needs pressing anyway.

I had also ordered some Kona Bone for another project, it arrived while I was submerged.



More Joann's.


And after I cleaned off my table I found things that were ready for tracing!


I have five projects in various stages of progress right now.  Five that are mine - several more in bags tucked around the room.  Enough already with being sick, I'd better get crackin'!

And I didn't even take a pic of my sewing table, which is covered with strips for my Scrappy Cabin!

Jenny did a lovely post this morning about crocheting.  Do you crochet?  I used to all the time.  My favorite was Fisherman's crochet - popcorns, cables, basketweave - but this afghan was the only one I kept, it's not Fisherman's.


I used to love to crochet, and it's really making a comeback!  It hurts my wrist too much now though, so someday I want to learn to knit.  I still have some baby sweaters that my mom knit for me when she was carrying me.  So sweet.

Well I suppose I'd better get off here and get something done, heaven knows there's enough to do!  I MUST grocery shop today; I have this new-found interest in food, lol.  I'm dying to try this Paleo Avocado Tuna Salad I found on pinterest, looks too yum!!!!

I'll see you soon - I also have a thousand emails to answer, and blogs to read!  Oh what joy to be back among the living!



Hermione is glad mum's back too.

23 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

LOVE your afghan!! Oh girl, you crack me up...happy your well again, but so funny imagining coffee with tuna, rice and peas as a meal to top all others. LOL!!

Brenda said...

So glad you are feeling better! I have also been sick and have a dr appointment tomorrow. It's been over 10 days and I can cough for hours on end. Enjoy your sewing, I am working my way back into my studio myself.

WoolenSails said...

I am glad you are feeling better and it looks like you have a lot of projects to enjoy when you are ready.

Debbie

Melody said...

So glad to hear you are feeling much better.

shez said...

Hi Allie so glad you are feeling a lot better,wow I am loving your new fabrics and your boy is such a good boy helping his mum,take care my friend xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

So glad you're feeling better. I bet your kitty is glad you're back too. She looks so much like my Moe.

KaHolly said...

Bless your heart! So glad you're up and about now! XO

donna said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Love seeing your new table, a sweet treasure. My grandmother taught me how to crochet a little but now like that. Your afghan is beautiful. I have tried knitting but I think I have to many fingers. lol!
Hope you have a wonderful day my dear.
Hugs
donna

Dolores said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Nice to see you back. Now make a list of things you want to get done and start crossing them off.

Karen said...

Glad you are up and about. I didn't know you had been sick. What a crappy way to spend a week.

Terry said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! :0)

Sandra :) said...

Welcome back to the land of the living - I wish someone would do MY laundry when I'm sick, lol! Oh wait - on second thought - they wouldn't do it the way I want it done - they better not touch it, haha! Do you zigzag your raw edges before prewashing, and do you use colour catcher sheets?

Barbara Scruggs said...

Your afghan is so pretty, much better than anything I've ever made, I can't do complicated.
Your quilts are also very pretty, you do very good work. And have everything so nice.
I'm sorry you've been sick, but I'm glad that you are starting to do better, I hope that you will stay healthy and I'm praying that you all stay warm, I'll be glad when the cold weather leaves for a while.

sunny said...

So glad you're feeling better! I plan to be snowed in all weekend, so I treated myself to some fabric today to make your sailboat wall hanging. I hope to get started on it tomorrow. Can't wait. Don't overdo it - you still need lots of rest and fluids.

Tanya said...

Glad to see that you are up and about again. I'm not much for crochet but I got practice last year. More of a knitting needle type of gal. How nice to have a son who will wash fabric!

Lin said...

Welcome back Allie - so pleased you are feeling better. I was out of action for a day on Wednesday with a tummy bug and it is so annoying - wasted sewing time!! Lots of goodies to surface to though and Jenny's post was interesting. I was crochet mad in the sixties - dolls clothes, granny blankets and the a crochet dress! They were the in thing. I'm so glad I learnt, it's such a useful skill for edgings and things although the current craze for afghans has passed me by. Enjoy your day. xx

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I am so glad you are up and feeling better! Have fun playing with your fabric!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your boys are so good to you. Isn't that the dinette on bought for you?? So very happy you are feeling better. I was getting worried.

Kathy said...

So glad you're feeling better. I like your tracing set-up, and I got a kick out of your use of a real "vintage" mug rug!

desertskyquilts said...

Wow. That was some germ! I hope it doesn't find it's way here, or maybe it gets frozen on the way. I'm glad you are mended now.

Shasta Matova said...

Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better. I'll have to try your tuna rice and peas recipe.

O'faigh said...

Hi Allie, so pleased you are on the mend enjoyed catching up with you regards lyn

Karen Schurr said...

Ooooh, how pretty your "new" stash. Can't see what you do with it. We, too, are looking for a new home in a better city. I've never embraced this place in my heart. Too many "bad" things are associated with this place, although, I do love what we have done to fix it up and make it ours. A bitter-sweet time, but I do love the shopping. I'm so happy you're feeling better, too. You've inspired me....think I'll open a couple of cans of tuna for dinner tonight. Hugs....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...