Thursday, December 31, 2015

Postcards From Heaven, Block One

Yay, it's time!  Are you ready for the sweetest EVER bom???  Jenny has uploaded the first block!

Shamelessly stolen from Jenny's blog, as her pics are so much better than mine.

"Postcards From Heaven" is a collaborative effort by me and Jenny Reynolds, of Elefantz fame.  We're tag-teaming designs - Jenny is January, I'm February, etc.  Each month you'll get a free design to stitch, and our hope and prayer is that it blesses you as much as it has us!

My big goal for the coming year is to walk closer with the Lord, to grow in grace, to know Him better - and to remember His promises.  This is such a fine way to do that!  Jenny has made her design into a small quilt, while I'll be adding mine all together into a bigger quilt.

Jenny has all the information on her blog, so please click over and see!  Click >>HERE<<.

I'm planning on doing all the designs in redwork.  I haven't chosen my sashing fabric yet - normally I choose my fabric first, then the floss, but I'm doing things backward this time.  One thing I'm doing a little different from Jenny, is that I'm using scripture from the King James bible.  Also, I'm stitching a border around mine - to look more like a postcard in the bigger quilt that I'll be making.  The frame will be on all of my patterns, you can use it or disregard it, your choice.

Please forgive the awful picture - it's winter here and there's no light!  See why I used Jenny's picture???

I've also chosen to stitch everything, while Jenny has left the small bits unstitched, but drawn on with a permanent pen.  [Tiny bits to stitch can be intimidating!]  I've used one strand of floss for the words, except "I" and "everlasting", one strand for the postmark lines, and two strands for everything else.

So while our projects may look different, they have the same heart.  We wanted to show you, also, that you can make this project your own, use your imagination!  Do send us your pictures, we would love to see them.

Also, don't forget, Jenny has another free BOM starting January 5th -


You won't want to miss that one either!!!

Happy New Year,
and
Happy Stitching!!!

15 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful piece, this will be a fun and nice piece to make as gifts.
Thank you for posting and can't wait to see what you do next month.

Debbie

Jayne M said...

Just popped over here from Jenny. I'm so glad she pointed the way - I love your Scrappy Harvest at the Cabin. Another project to add to my list! I look forward to seeing the postcards and what else you have planned for 2016. Happy New Year!

Anthea said...

Hi Allie, Jenny's designs & your extra ideas about them , are going to make up into a lovely project...I hope you enjoy stitching this year!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you and Jenny are joining up for this BOM this year. Is there anyway you could post your version of the first block with the KJV verse? I would really like to do all my blocks in the KJV also. I look forward to seeing what God shows us through His promises this year. I also look forward to seeing how you and Jenny design those promises for us into little postcards. These will be great reminders to all of us.

Lin said...

Happy New Year Allie. I like that you are using the King James Bible - such beautiful language. xx

Kathy H said...

Hi Allie, glad I found your blog. It will be fun to see how you both finished the postcard. Looking forward to seeing your February postcard.

Lori :) said...

Hi, Allie! I'm very excited about your BOM with Jenny of Elefantz! I learned of you a couple months ago from her blog and bought/downloaded a couple of your patterns with delight! I LOVE finding Bible-themed embroidery :) I recently made "This is my story. . ." into a pillow for someone whose life is described by that hymn. It blessed her greatly and was a gift from God to her. Thank you for your designs. God bless you, Lori

cq4fun said...

Now you went and did it. LOL I love redwork - but I was thinking of using these in the middle of crazy quilt blocks, with soft linen colors. Darn! What to do, what to do? I am so happy that you are using KJV. That's me, too. I will have to figure out the print. It looks gorgeous in redwork!

sunny said...

Thanks for all the suggestions about changes that can be made. It will be fun to see the finished projects and how different they all are.

Terri - Palm Bay, FL said...

Allie, it's going to be a lovely quilt. Can't wait to see how your patterns progress. Been a long time since I've visited your site, you have certainly grown in your creativity. God bless you and yours and am looking forward to seeing you and Jenny working together on a project.

Terri at the Drake's Nest in Palm Bay, FL

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's so exciting to see two of my favorites working together.

Sharon - creativity and family said...

This is just such a lovely idea Allie. I love my kjv so it will be lovely to have your verses in that version. I hope that your joint venture will be blessed to many people. x

Rachaeldaisy said...

How fun to base a BOM on postcards from heaven. This months words are beautiful!

Cathy said...

Your and Jenny's work is amazing!!! So glad you use it for the glory of God! Hugs~

Tanya said...

Happy stitching Jenny's block, but my stitches don't look as either hers nor yours...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...