Friday, November 6, 2015

November?

This has been a most unusual November - temps in the high 70's, such lovely days, and crisp nights.  Last night it was so mild, I fell asleep listening to crickets, of all things!

Night before last, I had a dream that because it was so warm, everything bloomed again.  I was driving [in my dream] down a road lined with cherry trees, in full bloom, and it was so gorgeous that I pulled over to take a picture for the blog.  But I woke up before I could take any, so sorry, no pics.  But here's a pic from last spring's tree outside my window....


We have two apple trees, one in the front yard, one in the back.  The deer have been going nuts with them.  You can hear them out there every night, crunching, they're very loud eaters!


I caught a tiny squirrel picking the apples yesterday, dropping them on the ground for the deer.


Sometimes it's very distracting to see all the city wildlife outside my window - but I have been working on my free Christmas design, I'm so close to being done!  I hope I can get it uploaded this weekend, I'll let you know.


I think this will be the last warm day, so I'm going to go enjoy it - grocery shopping.  Always nicer to do those necessary chores when the weather is good!  I think we had snow last year at this time....
See ya soon!!


14 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Oh it looks like your embroidery will be about a little toe - how fun is that! ;) I'm enjoying this warm weather, but alas, this is probably the last of it - we were under a wind warning this morning (I haven't checked to see if it's still officially a problem) and temps will be dropping. It's a great time to spend in the sewing dungeon :D Tonight I'm going out for supper with girlfriends then we're coming back to my place to sew. Of course, by sew, I mean to eat junk food, to drink vodka coolers, to talk, to laugh, to carry on and to PRETEND to sew ;)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

While your deers are munching on fallen apples overnight, we listen to the bats eating mangoes off our large tree and hurling them on top of the roof.

Nature is amazing, isn't it?

Enjoy grocery shopping, then finish that stitchery - can't wait to see it! xx

KaHolly said...

Love that sneak peak! Your stitching is so perfect. So was that dream....ahhh, warm weather, spring blooms! I hate to wish time away, as it goes by too quickly as it is, but I'm already ready for spring! XO

Cathy said...

Our weather here in Ohio has been in the 70's too! I will hate to see the cold come in~ Your handiwork is so beautiful!!! hugs~

WoolenSails said...

The months seem to be flying by lately, guess that means I am old, haha.
We planted apple trees, then did nothing and they did nothing. This year Bill put some food spikes around them and they produced apples, not great ones but maybe there is hope.

Debbie

donna said...

I think that is so neat to have deer in your yard. We live out in the country and only see deer every now and then. I tried having 2 apple trees and I guess they do not like our hot weather. I had an awful time trying to keep them alive.
I spy some beautiful embroidery going on over there.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
donna

Karen said...

I dream every night. If you learn how to take pictures of your dreams, let me know how to do it. LOL!

Your Christmas design peek looks very interesting.

desertskyquilts said...

You made me laugh twice. =) I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas design, since there's to be no dream picture.

Lindah said...

What a lovely dream! Spring flowers in late autumn. Loved the vision of squirrels knocking the apples for the deer down below. When our tall mulberry trees are heavy with fruit, the wild turkeys work away at the berries in the tree tops, every move they make causing berries to drop for the dear and the ducks. I love watching this natural symbiosis. God made all things well.
Blessings!

Lin said...

It's a very mild autumn here too Allie - nearly 30 degrees on our terrasse yesterday which I think is around 80 on your scale. Taking advantage of the good weather to get ahead with tidying the garden - always a mammoth task. We occasionaly see signs of deer in the garde but have not seen any around lately. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

sunny said...

How nice of you to feed the deer! And the squirrels even help.. Do you feed the squirrels, too? Can't wait to see your design!!!!!!!!!!!

dq said...

Your November photos are so beautiful, and yes, it has been unseasonably warm. I am enjoying every moment of warm we have left before winter sets in.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

We've enjoyed the same warmer temperatures here too; a little reprieve from what is sure to come. However, that embroidery looks interesting. What lovely stitches too.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your garden is like a Bambi movie with squirrels helping deers eating delicious apples. Enjoy your sunny day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...