Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Bit Of News And A Breather




The leaves are turning so fast here in Michigan -



I love how on even rainy days, you get under some bright yellow trees and you'd think the sun was still shining.  So gorgeous.

I'm going out to my aunt's for a few days, I need a breather and that's the best way to get it.  I'll be working on a project for next year....taking my pencils and most importantly, my eraser.  So you may not hear from me for a few!

I did finish up my first Christmas design, still working on the free one - I've been so busy cleaning this week, I haven't picked up a needle or turned my machine on at all!  Christmas Canoe is now in my shop, as an instant pdf download, for only $1.98!



I come from the land of Hiawatha [seems like everything around here is named after him] so I thought a canoe would be fitting.

The pattern is for the stitchery design only.  I used colored pencils on this one, rather than crayons - I like them better.  You do have to use a textile medium over them to make them permanent, but it's fast, easy and fun.



You just lightly brush on the medium after coloring, and let it dry.  I don't find it any harder to stitch through.  After coloring and adding the medium, I add the fusible interfacing to the back, and that heat sets the color.  Then your piece is washable!

I'm going to turn mine into a small door hanging, to greet visitors.  I'd love to see how you finish yours!

I am still stitching the free Christmas design coming up, my cleaning kind of got in the way this week.  I'm taking that with me as well to my aunt's, hopefully it will be finished in the next few days.  See ya soon - don't forget to BREATHE!


16 comments:

shez said...

Hi Allie,love your freebie and enjoy your couple of days away xx

Nancy J said...

Will you have internet or emails while you are away? I have made 3 more HUGE log cabins, and could send a photo, I might put that project on hold for a while, as I still have the other two challenges ticking along. But at 17.5 inches, a quilt will come together so fast .Enjoy a break, and being away from home is sometimes the answer for a rest, time to look at stitching or creative designs. Hugs from down south.

WoolenSails said...

I love just sitting on the porch and looking at the trees and there are more birds coming to the feeder now, so a nice time of year. I hope you have a nice time with your aunt, I wouldn't mind a week by myself just to relax and not worry about what others need;)

Debbie

sunny said...

Enjoy your breather! I hope you get some rest and rejuvenation.

Lin said...

Enjoy your time away. xx

Jeanette said...

Love the stitchery. Have a lovely time away. Hugs,xx

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful fall picture. Enjoy your time.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love youe new design. Enjoy your breather. Enjoy all this lovely color too,

Fiona said...

I always love seeing the fall pictures from your end of the world... cute new stitchery Allie.. glad you are still going at it...x
Hugz

Karen said...

I thought you were packing to move. Seems like you are always on the go and getting to do fun things.

Sandra :) said...

Pretty embroidery! I hate when cleaning gets in the way of fun stuff, LOL. I didn't have a chance to sew today but that's because we spent the day with hubby's family for their monthly get-together ... and found out that one of the nieces is expecting her 2nd baby - come spring we'll have a new little one to go gaga over, YAY!! With 5 g-nephews (and 1 more due in 2 weeks) and 1 g-niece, I'm hoping for a girl. I will, however, happily take whatever they give "me", as long as (s)he is healthy! Girls are more fun to sew for though ;)

Sharon - creativity and family said...

I love your canoe design Allie. I hope you have a great rest as well as getting some stitching done at your Aunt's home. Take care and have a great week. x

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'd never thought of yellow leaves being like sunshine but you are so right. it's such a lovely way to think of fall colours. Your Christmas canoe is another thing I'd never thought of but I love it!! Have a wonderful relaxing time. You're wise to know when you need a holiday. It's good to be reminded to breathe.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

The canoe with Christmas tree is so sweet. Thanks for sharing. You take the time to breathe too.

edith csokmay said...

Praying all is well and you get the much needed respite you are seeking. Looking forward to your new collaberation for 2016 :)

xx

Águeda said...

Hola. Le he conocido a través del blog de Jenny. Parece incluso que vamos a compartir un proyecto. Encantada de conocerla. Muy bonito su trabajo. Añado ya su blog a mi lista de favoritos. Un saludo con cariño.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...