Monday, July 6, 2015

My Happy Place is Noisy!

Happy Monday everyone, did you have a great 4th?  Well, those of you in America, that is.  We sure did.  We went to my aunt's house and had a birthday celebration for John - ordered pizza and then went out for ice cream!  Can't believe my baby is 23....well, my oldest baby.

DSC04016    2

He's the one on the right, covering his face.  That scary woman was coming at him with the camera again.

My aunt's town is serious about their fireworks.  While we were at the ice cream parlor, people were getting into position - lots of pickup trucks with couches in the back!  They set them off from a barge in the middle of the lake, so the roads and parking lots are lined up for miles.  We didn't make it to the fireworks - John was too tired again!  I think he needs some good vitamins.

After ice cream, we went and found some haunted woods.

DSC04022    2    2

Seriously, this pic does not do this place justice.  It was spooky!  And then you turned a bend and there was a brand new squeaky clean subdivision.  Very strange.

Sunday, John and I had to go back to my aunt's, he had left his only set of keys on her couch.  When we got home I finished my newest stitchery!

Happy Place

And today I finished putting it together.  It's not quilted, it just has a backing on it, and a pocket for the dowel in the little quilt hanger [courtesy of Mickie, a long time ago - thank you Mickie!]

Lots of pictures in this pattern, and the crayon tutorial as well.  It was a very fun one!  Available, as always, in my craftsy shop!

Oh yes - why is my happy place noisy?  Well, apparently the neighbors didn't get the memo that the 4th is over...it's almost midnight on the 6th, and we still have bombs bursting in air.  Kitty is not happy!

I'm going to go read blogs for an hour or so, until my youngest is home - I'm tired but I can't go to bed yet!  I'll leave you with a pic of clover from my aunt's garden....

DSC04014    2

15 comments:

shez said...

Hi Allie happy birthday to your boy and i love that spooky pic,i could imagine how scary that would be at night time,lol xx

Sharon - creativity and family said...

Your stitchery is lovely Allie. I do hope your son is soon feeling less tired, it can be rough being exhausted all the time! I'm glad you were able to have a happy 4th and I hope your neighbour soon realises it is finished!! xx

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to John. We went camping with my daughter and her family. On the 4th we were joined by another daughter and son and my grandson. We had a great time but no haunted woods...lol Hugs

sunny said...

ooooh....spooky woods! It looks like a cool place. Too bad about the subdivision. Cute little stitchery.

Terry said...

We have some creepy woods like that around here...in a swamp. Double creepy, and even worse at night! LOL Love the little stitchery! :0)

edith csokmay said...

Allie - absolutely love your new little stitchery :)

xx

Karen Schurr said...

Such a cool hanger for your lovely piece. Our kitties are still spooked by the firecrackers, too. Lots of veterans with PTSD live in these parts, and they're suffering, too. One of their coping mechanisms is wearing headsets...too bad they can't fit animals with them, too :) Have a great day and Happy birthday to the kid, too :) Hugs....

Carrie P. said...

Allie, such a cute design you created.
That street looks like it should be down south somewhere with moss hanging from the trees.

Rachaeldaisy said...

A happy place indeed!! except for the spooky forest...

Melody said...

The spooky woods are beautiful

Jeanette said...

Glad to hear you finally got out for that ice cream. :) The forest does look spooky. Love your stitchery. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

I love your happy place picture... just perfect.... the picture of the boys is great too... haha...
I'm a bit like kitty.. I don't like fireworks noises... but I do like thepretty of them!
Hugz

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Happy birthday John!! Woo hooo!! is he really that old? Goodness, I remember back in the day when he was just 16...we'd just met. Wow.

LOVE your new design - love. xx

desertskyquilts said...

Happy birthday, only a week late, to your son. =) Love your new design. That road looks wonderful, but how weird to have that right before a new subdivision! Now I want ice cream. LOL

kiwikid said...

That forest area doesn't look spooky to me....must be the light is different in the photo! Looks kind of calm!! Your sons do what mine do!! They have a crazy woman who comes at them with the camera too!! Lol!! Those flowers look amazing, such a pretty colour...love your stitchery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...