Saturday, June 6, 2015

My Anchor Holds

My Anchor Holds

This is what Port Huron does to me - it inspires me!  My Anchor Holds is a new mug rug pattern in my store here>:  Allie-oops Designs - love the instant download from craftsy!

Based on the hymn by William C. Martin, written in 1902, this will be my morning coffee and evening tea mug rug.  I need that reminder, that Jesus is my anchor and will never let the storms capsize me....

My Anchor Holds

It's a quick and easy project, quick enough to make for anyone you know who might be going through the storm.  I used some leftover scraps from a charm pack, don't you love being able to use up some scraps!  My scrap pile has diminished by .000000000000000000001% now.

I've included already reversed templates for your convenience, a layout diagram, and step by step instructions with photos throughout.  Also, the words to the hymn, which I find so inspiring.


I tried to embed a youtube video to a contemporary version, but it didn't work.  So here's the link to a young lady with a beautiful voice, singing this hymn!
My Anchor Holds






19 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely, and your coffee mug fits so well with the fabric and design.

Lin said...

I love it. xx

KaHolly said...

Oh, it's perfect!

Sandra :) said...

ROTFL @ the scrap reduction of .000000000000000000001% - I know the feeling, lol! Pretty pattern!

sunny said...

It's beautiful! what a great way to use up all those scraps. LOL! I need that exact fabric that you use for the ocean.

Terry said...

Great mug rug! :0)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love it!

Fiona said...

Its wonderful Allie, I love everything about it...
Hugz

Rachaeldaisy said...

ahoy my hearty!! That's such a gorgeous mug rug, perfect for sailing day dreams while sipping coffee.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your mug rug! Great job!

Jeanette said...

Very lovely Allie. Love how much you scrap pile is reduced. :). Hugs, xx

Wendy B said...

what more can I say....absolutely perfectly you Allie-girl! Gotta make me one so I've got Jesus AND you by me every day! xoxoxoxo love ya sweet friend :o)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful design and love the saying, always love pieces with inspirational sayings.
One of these days I will start designing some quilts, I do have fabric with seagulls and things to make a ship quilt for the summer.

Debbie

Sharon said...

Such a lovely mug rug. I especially like the quote with the little boat that you have added, a truly beautiful hymn. x

desertskyquilts said...

Love the design, love your fabric choices. I'm filling my cart for the next week until I get $10 in it. =)

Linda in Calif. said...

This is wonderful!! So calm and peaceful. I love the way the print mimics the waves of an ocean.

Tanya said...

Great choice of fabrics especially for those waves!

Edith Csokmay said...

Some gorgeous designing going on in your world. More new patterns to look forward to :)

Carrie P. said...

the fabric you used for the water is perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...