Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Loaves and Fishes

Finally finished one of my patterns from last week - my burst of creativity fueled by dinners out - and interestingly enough, it has to do with food.

loaves and fishes

One of my favorite passages in my bible.  Jesus feeding the five thousand with nothing more than 2 fish, and 5 loaves of bread.  And when the disciples cleaned up the leftovers, they filled 12 baskets!  I was reading this passage last week, and the quilt idea popped into my head, just like that.  A whole picture of it.

loaves and fishes

This passage reminds me that my Lord will provide, and provide abundantly...and now my quilt hangs on my wall to remind me too.

I used more scraps for this little quilt, it finishes at 22 inches square, so not MANY scraps, lol.  I started to blanket stitch with my Viking, but it pooped out on me and I ended up doing it by hand.  Maria, my little Featherweight, came to my rescue for all the piecing and putting the binding on.  I used the walking foot on her for the first time, and it works wonderfully!  I do love my little workhorse.

So, Loaves and Fishes is up in my craftsy shop now, if you'd like your own reminder of the Lord's provision - just click here > Allie-oops Designs or on the link on my sidebar.   

By the way - this is my first time doing diagonally striped bias binding - oh how fun.  I followed a tutorial from The Quilt Rambler, and held my breath until it turned out perfectly!  Click on her blog name to see it, it's great.

Now to get to work on those other patterns....it's Wednesday already!  For those of you who pray, could you please say one or two for my mum?  She had an extensive stress test last week, and they found a blocked vein - she's on new meds now, and we're not sure what else they're going to do.  I know she'll appreciate the prayers too.

See you soon....

19 comments:

sunny said...

Another great design, Allie! Of course I'll keep your mum in my prayers.

Cathy said...

Oh Allie....I love it. I will definitely add this to my craftsy patterns. Hugs

Debra Graham said...

Love the quilt, one of my favorite bible stories as well. Your Mom will be in my prayers. My Mom has two partially blocked arteries as well. So I can pray for both of them.

Sharon - creativity and family said...

Oh Allie, so sorry about your Mum, of course I will try to remember in my prayers, I do hope that she is better soon. The quilt is lovely, such a beautiful reminder. x

Sandra :) said...

Pretty pattern (now I need to go find something to eat, lol) :) Tell your mum that maple syrup hugs are coming her way from me!

Jeanette said...

Lovely design Allie. Hope all is well with your Mum. Hugs,xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is a really fabulous quilt. I've always loved that story from the Bible too, and your quilt captures it so well. Lots of stay well wishes for your mum!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your pattern. Good luck on the sales.

shez said...

Hi Allie,wow I love this ,there is something special about it,well done my friend on a beautiful finish xx

Lin said...

A lovely finish Allie and a great passage. Sending love and Prayers for your Mum. xx

Anthea said...

Hi Allie - lovely new design - sending prayers for your Mum, I'm sure she's in good hands

Fiona said...

I love it Allie... you picked everything just perfect...
Hugz

desertskyquilts said...

I love it! I resisted holding it in my cart - I'll be putting it in soon, though. =) The striped bindings are so much fun, and I really like how yours compliments the design. I am so pleased it relates to one of my favorite Biblical stories, too.

donna said...

Beautiful quilt and design.
Hugs
donna

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I love this - for the design itself, and for the deepest message of provision Jesus gave. xx

PS: You know mine will be made in girlie fabrics,right? LOL!

Edith Csokmay said...

What a wonderful interpretation of God's love and provisions. Such a talented lady you are :)

xx

KaHolly said...

Love it! It's antique looking! Hugs to your mom!

Carrie P. said...

another great design.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt!! Hope your Mum is ok.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...