Saturday, June 13, 2015

All Quiet On The Allie-Front

But behind the scenes - that's a different story.  I sketched up three new patterns this week!

And I've figured out what fuels my creativity the most.  Eating out.  That's right....not having to cook makes my brain work better.  I ate out three times this week, and I have three new patterns to play with.  I'm telling everyone.  Buy me dinner!

Here's mum on one of those evenings....remember mum, the diabetic???  Do you SEE what she's eating???

mum

What you can't see is that she asked for extra whipped cream.  She didn't want her sister to get more.  These kids, I tell ya.

Anyway, today has been spent at home, quietly having a play with fabrics....

DSC03930    2

And forgetting to reverse my templates, and having to trace, cut and fuse all over again, as usual.  The templates in the pattern will include the reversed version as well, pinkie-promise.

DSC03938    2

One of my new patterns is a stitchery.  It will be colored with crayons, and I'm thinking of doing a tutorial here on the blog.  What do you think, would you like to see a tutorial on using crayons?

I'm having a problem with marking it, none of my usual pens are working properly, so I'm waiting for a pen to arrive from Dick Blick.  We have a few of their stores near me, but none of them carry the Zig Millennium pens in-store, you have to order online.   Jenny from Elefantz uses them in her stitcheries, and I'm anxious to try them!

Tomorrow is more playing with applique for me - how will you spend the day?


15 comments:

Cathy said...

Don't you just love not having to cook? Glad it gets your designing juices flowing. I LOVE the baskets. Can't wait to see your finished quilt. Coloring stitcheries with crayons sounds good. Can't wait to see your Tutorial. Hugs

sunny said...

I'm sure Mum had a lovely protein and salad dinner before that dessert! I would LOVE a tutorial on using crayons. I'm seeing them used more and more on blogs/designs. And yes, I do have a box of my very own crayons! Never met a basket quilt that I didn't love......

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I used to collect crayons....weird I know...a childhood thing, but after the grandkids came that didn't last long. Another cute pattern.

desertskyquilts said...

Baskets! Oh, Allie, that pattern is sold already. I can never resist a basket design! I love the batiks you showed. That's exactly what I was looking for on the shop hop, and I found ONE! Fortunately, one was all I NEEDED. I love the picture of your mom. You are so funny.

You will love the Millenium Zig. I found my first one years ago at a college bookstore and have been in love with them ever since. At an art store in town, I bought a set of 6 black ones, all different width nibs. Love that set! I would be very interested in your crayon tutorial.

If I lived close, I'd take you out to dinner. =)

Linda said...

Lovely!

Dolores said...

Watch out. Eating out may cause some weight gain. Why not try a vegetarian place next time - just for a change. ;-) I'm glad your mom is enjoying herself. Have fun with your designing.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Squeal!!!!! Loaves and fishes, twelve baskets left over...am I right? Going to love this new design of yours, I already know that!
Come visit me and I'll cook for you every night. I shall ply you with delectable delights until you have a library shelf of new designs. ;-) They will be brilliant. xxxxx

Kaisievic said...

I would love to see a tutorial on colouring with crayon - I have seen some other stitchers use this technique and it is stunning!

WoolenSails said...

Lots of nice pieces and I love the idea of making a basket quilt with mixed fabrics.

Debbie

Wendy B said...

love the new loaves and fishes design...just perfect Miss Allie-girl! Yes, those zig pens are excellent....been using them for years, can highly recommend them. Mum really is naughty isn't she!!!!! xoxoxoxox

Rachaeldaisy said...

I laughed all the way through this post. I so agree not having to cook is much better for creativity!! How cute is your mum with her mountain of fluffy whipped cream! And I got caught out with the reverse template thing recently too. I was really careful and thought I was getting it the right way round but no, I had to do it again. I figured I should've known, it happens every time! I love your quilt of baskets, fish and loaves, what a great design!!

Sandra :) said...

Congrats on the 3 new patterns! I think most of us work better when we've had dinner out, LOL!

Tomorrow I have aquafit in the morning, then I have to start cleaning out the hellhole we call the spare bedroom - I'm pretty sure there's a bed in there because I remember buying one ages ago, but we haven't seen it in years, because there's a ton of junk piled on it! My SIL is coming up next week and will be staying overnight, so a massive declutter will be occurring next week! Maybe if took me out for dinner I wouldn't be so grumpy about cleaning the room? ;)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

We have quilt pattern and finished quilts that were colored and embellished with embroidery. I think a tutorial on that would be a great idea!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm with you. Not that eating out makes me more creative, but i hate to cook. And not having to cook or clean my kitchen gives me more time to sew! Looking forward to seeing your new patterns. Yes, i would love that tutorial!

Karen Schurr said...

I'd love to see the tute on using crayons. Sounds great! (btw, I don't blame your mum for slipping off the diet a bit....that dessert looks too good to say no to). Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...