Friday, May 8, 2015

The Whole World Is Pink

Well not really, but if you're looking out my sewing room window, you'd think it was!!  My pretty tree has blossomed, and it casts a pink glow in my sewing room.  I adore this tree and take far too many pictures of it every year - but the pics do get me through winter.  {Bear with me - it's already past peak blossom, these are the last pics.]

DSC03631    2
DSC03623    2

I really do love that my barkcloth curtains match it to perfection.  No pic, it's almost impossible to photograph curtains during the day, lol!   But that's not all that's pink around here.

DSC03626    2

I've been head down, needle up for days now, doing nothing but quilting.  My fingers are incredibly sore, and slightly swollen.  Sam has been bringing me motivation home from work, so I can have enough energy to finish it....

DSC03627    2

I'm getting there.  I'm on sailboat number three, only one more after that!

Today was far too hot to quilt though, the "feels like" temp was 110F.  It's now after midnight and finally cool enough to pick it up.  So I'll be here a few hours, watching yet more Poirot on Netflix, waiting for my boys to get home from work.  And watching for more thunderstorms to move through - although most seem to be hitting the western side of the state.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day, my Sam is taking mum and I out to dinner Sunday, yay for not cooking!!!   And just for you, some funny mom quotes....



And my personal favorite, my weekly outing....


Happy weekend, everyone!!!





21 comments:

Sharon said...

Your tree is beautiful! What kind is it? How fun that your curtains are the same color.

Your project is very cute! Can't wait to see the whole thing. Looks like you're quilting up a storm.

Love your Mom sayings! :)

Terry said...

Beautiful tree! Happy Mother's Day to you too. I have to work tomorrow. :0(

WoolenSails said...

I love that shade of pink, it is wonderful to see things in bloom after this long winter. Even my apple trees are blooming and one looked like it was ready to die, but this year it is sprouting blooms, so maybe there is hope for it.

Debbie

shez said...

Hi Allie ,boy I love these boats and what a lovely boy you have,enjoy your Mother's Day lunch xx

Ondrea said...

How pretty is that tree! So glad you shared it with us. My oh my, I can see why your hands are hurting . You have done heaps of quilting and that quilt looks fantastic from the bit I can see. I spent the afternoon hand quilting too. But it is only a small one and it was really cold, wet and gusty outside. My fingers get really sore from hand quilting and my thumb nail always splits, probably because I apply so much pressure. Keep up the good work girl!

sunny said...

I'd love to live in a pink world! There are some fancy cherry trees up our street that have lost most of their petals, so the streets, yards, sidewalks, and cars are all pink. So pretty! I'm waiting for those sailboats - I want to sail away!!

Karen said...

The flowers beautiful and the sail boats match so well.

I have never cared for nonpareils or however it is spelled. Such a strange name. But good that you enjoy them.

Sandra :) said...

Happy Mother's Day (tomorrow), my friend - and please pass that on to your mom as well :) As far as I know I'll have all my boys + DS1's girlfriend here for lunch. GF is having a big dinner with her family so I'll just do a light lunch (bruschetta pizza if I get my way!). I'm also hoping to score peppercorn steak for supper, lol. Surely 67 hours of labour (lol j/k) rates pizza AND a steak? ;)

Love the pink + lace quilt - your poor fingers, though!

Dolores said...

Cute. I have a sewing room where I keep my Peeps and other nibbles that I don't want to share. It's nice to have a bit of fortification. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.
Happy Mother's Day. I'm spending part of it looking after two cuties.

desertskyquilts said...

Thanks for the smiles, Allie, and the beautiful tree photos. Pink is not my favorite color, but I have a theory it's the only color butterflies and bees can see, because there's so much in nature. LOL However, beauty is beauty, even when it's pink! I love your sailboats! You are quilting that a LOT, so I can hardly wait to see the whole thing. Love the peek at embellishment, too. Enjoy your dinner and your social life next week. LOL Yeah, mine is talking to strangers in the grocery store. =) And church.

Carrie P. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Enjoy your "no cooking" day.
Pink is a lovely color. Love those vintage buttons on the boat.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I never tire of your beautiful pictures. Love your boats. They are beautiful! Those funnies made me laugh. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too,

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your hand quilting is gorgeous! And I never tire of your pink tree blooms...Allie, how exquisitely spring.
Bless you this Mothers Day, and way to go Sam, keeping mama stocked with energy shots!! LOL.
I am number one of your funnies... ;-)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Life has always been better in pink :-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love the idea of a pink flowery world!! And your pink sailing ship is just how my dream sailing ship woud look, sailing away on a sea of lace.

Edith Csokmay said...

So must loveliness going on in your neck of the woods. Can't wait for that pattern :)

Freya Rose Blossom said...

That looks like a whole patchwork of pinkness :-)
Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

Cathy said...

Love the pinks. Your boats are so darn cute. Wishing a very happy Mother's Day. Enjoy your dinner with Mum and son. Hugs

Mickie said...

Happy Mother's Day (belated)! Thanks for sharing the photos! The tree is sensational but that QUILT!!! IT makes me scream in delight with anticipation! I love it! Hugs and hugs, Mickie

Claudia Bugh said...

What a splendid tree to have blooming right next to your window! I'm jealous :))) Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day... and finally got to sleep I think you must be a night owl!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous and I love your hand quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...