Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Now I Can Sleep.

I finished the binding on Fair Winds for Milady....pics and pattern coming soon!  Only took massive amounts of chocolate to finish this little quilt, lol.  You'll know why when you see the quilting.

Did you all have a good Mother's Day?  We sure did - my boys took my mom, my aunt and I out for dinner.

mother's day 2015

The boys gave me a card with my favorite style of green paper in it [cash] and Sam got me the most beautiful pen...

DSC03694    2

from Japan, it has plum blossoms and a warbler in gold foil on it.

DSC03695     2
DSC03699    2

Hard to photograph.  I feel so elegant using it, lol.  I can write my grocery lists in style now!

My allergies are going nuts, we've gone from high summer back to winter, and will be going way up to high summer again by Monday.  Crazy weather!  But good for stitching.

Guess I'd better get back to the grindstone - have a new pattern to write with my new pen....

DSC03650    2

10 comments:

Karen said...

I thought brown was my favorite color for making quilts but green sure could replace it....at least that certain shade of green that you received.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet Mothers day. We found out that we are going to be first time grandparents!

sunny said...

What a beautiful pen! How nice that you, your mum, and your aunt got to be treated to dinner.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love your pictures. Eager to see that quilt.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on finishing your sail boats. That pen is so lovely, what a thoughtful gift. I love the photo of the bird in the blossom tree.

Edith Csokmay said...

I believe every one of us LOVES that shade of green :) So glad you had a blessed weekend with those special ladies and boys. You raised them right to be so sweet on such a special day :)

xx

Fiona said...

lovely pics, say hello to my other mother.. she looks younger than ever! Got cold here ... sunny but cold!
Hugz

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Alrighty a finish for someone....grin. The pen is beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time. See you in August.

Sandra :) said...

My Mother's Day was CRAP, but I'm glad yours wasn't :D That's my favourite kind of paper too --- I also like the kind that's made of plastic ... in the shape of a credit card that knows it's actually a pre-loaded gift card ;) Gorgeous pen!

Ondrea said...

Love your new pen. I only got a phone call from one of my daughters and that was my Mothers Day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...