Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fair Winds for Milady

The sailboats are here!

DSC03707    2 cover

Sailing away on lace-covered waves, dreaming of distant islands....

DSC03714    2

DSC03711    2

DSC03712    2

This one is my favorite.  If I could find that sail fabric in wallpaper, I'd even cover my ceilings with it.  

DSC03707    2

Vintage buttons on all the boats....

DSC03710    2

Sigh.  I do love this pattern, I hope you do too....so softly romantic, don't you think?

Now available in my craftsy store, just click HERE > Allie-oops Designs

I've been a bit of a cotton-headed ninny-muggins today, I was out of allergy meds and took Nyquil instead - it was far too strong and there was not enough coffee in the world today!  I sure slept well though.  I haven't even been able to stitch tonight.  Tomorrow, I'll be working flat-out on that cute little cottage pattern....it'll be free in my shop the minute I'm done!    I'm joining in with all the gals over at Wendy's on Friday as well, for the Friday Night Sew-In.  Friday is the night we take mum grocery shopping, but afterwards I collapse in my chair and stitch to my heart's content.  Won't you join us too??? I'd love to see you there!




26 comments:

Nancy J said...

Fair winds and calm seas for every little sailing boat.Love those buttons to finish off what might just be the "portholes"

julieQ said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! The hand quilting is just amazing!

Wendy B said...

I absolutely adore this quilt Allie-girl......one of my very favourites of all time!!!! Love the lacy waves and the colours....just so adorable. Sorry to hear about the meds but hey, you must've needed a good rest and you certainly got that. Can't wait to stitch with you tomorrow night....see you then xoxox love n sweet sweet hugs :o)

Anthea said...

Hi Allie
It's a lovely design, so pretty, I love the fabrics you've used.
I'll be doing

Anthea said...

I'll be doing FNSI too!

Lin said...

Just beautiful. xx

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful!

Cathy said...

Fair Winds is beautiful. Great job on the quilting. My allergies kicked up to and am also taking meds. Glad you got a good nights sleep. Hugs

paulette said...

WOW!! This quilt is gorgeous...and the hand quilting is out of this world!

sunny said...

It's wonderful! I've already purchased my pattern!!!!

Lindah said...

Oh, WOW! Love these little sailboats. The fabrics are wonderful, too. And lace embellished waves, to boot! Perfect! Perfect!

KaHolly said...

Oh, wow! It came out beautifully. Your hand quilting is amazing!

desertskyquilts said...

Oh, Allie, I LOVE that quilt! That is just gorgeous, and your fabric choices are super. The buttons are just the cherries on top of everything else. Great job!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful quilting and I love the addition of the lace!

Sandra :) said...

I am FLOORED by your hand quilting - do you even have finger prints left? I hope the pattern does well in your shop - that's a gorgeous finish :)

WoolenSails said...

I love how it looks quilted, that is a beautiful quilt for the summer.

Debbie

Linda in Calif. said...

This is exquiste! Just so lovely. Did you you hand quilt this?

Mary said...

Wow Allie! Just WOW! This is so beautiful from the fabrics, to the stitching, and the quilting. Just gorgeous.

shez said...

Hi Allie oh my this is such a cute pattern ,well done my friend and I love the fabrics you have done it in too,see you tonight xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your pretty sailboats!! Your quilting looks like wind blowing amongst the sails. so beautiful!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow! Your quilt is beautiful! It looks like you did all that quilting by hand! Stunning!

Ondrea said...

Love it! Your quilting is wonderful too. Well done girl!

Dorothy said...

Hi Allie, this is such a cute pattern. The vintage buttons really add a special touch.

Fiona said...

Magnifico.... I love love love it and your quilting just is perfect for it.... beautiful work...
Hugz

Tanya said...

Your sailboats are wonderful! The lace so romantic and used so nicely in the waves. Great idea! And the quilting is exquisite!

Shasta Matova said...

The sailboats are adorable, and I just love how you did the waves. Perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...