Monday, April 20, 2015

The Camera Roll Of Shame

So, it's blustery, rainy, and chilly - must be spring.  After my wee bit of stitching for FNSI, somehow I got caught up in spring cleaning - going through closets [depressing], sorting drawers [oh the forgotten treasures!], and....drum roll.....SEWING BINS.

This post is a documentation of my failure to finish.  Or should I say, a record of what I ought to be doing each day, instead of dishes and laundry.  I mean, we're all grown-ups here, if we need a bowl we can wash it.  Same for jeans.

So here goes.......THE LIST.  In no particular order.

2015-04-19 19.10.34    2

Liberated Sand Pails, quilt top finished or so I thought.  It needs to be taken apart, sashing added.  Batting and backing is ready, unless it gets too much bigger by adding sashing.

2015-04-19 19.09.32    2

Jenny's DaisyDays pattern.  Monday through Wednesday are finished.  Remaining blocks need to be traced and stitched, everything else is ready.

2015-04-19 19.07.54    2

New pattern I designed last year - Fair Winds for M'Lady - ran out of background fabric and just got some.  Forgot about it til recently.

2015-04-19 19.07.35    2

Jenny's Vintage Kitchen BOM.  Might have found some good background fabric for the stitcheries.

2015-04-19 19.06.48    2

Stowaways quilt.  Had it packed away with the fabric, totally forgotten.

2015-04-19 19.05.50    2

Jenny's Give Thanks design.  Need to finish the little blocks, I have four done.

2015-04-19 19.04.55    2
Bad pic, sorry.

My Bling Challenge design.  Totally forgotten, need to finish it.

2015-04-19 19.03.55    2

Mermaids stitcheries.  O'Faigh had sent me the gorgeous mermaid fabric, I tucked it away with the patterns and forgot it.  See a trend here?

2015-04-19 19.02.56    2

Jenny's Holly Birds.  Need to finish the tablerunners - didn't make it in time for last Christmas.

2015-04-19 19.01.41    2

The Bethlehem quilt.  Block one is stitched.  Need to get tracing.

2015-04-19 19.01.15    2

Jenny's Promises and Borders.  I've had the fabric picked out forever - I'm actually making two of these, one for me, one for mum.

2015-04-19 19.00.25    2

A little Japanese quilt project I'm making up as I go.  Completely forgotten for who knows how many years.

Plus, 3 recent projects I've posted about.  And now Wendy's new BOM.  Guess I'd better get busy - see you next spring - lol.  I count SIXTEEN projects in that hall of shame line-up...wait, I'm making two of one of them, SEVENTEEN....oh my stars.  Am I nuts?  Have you counted yours lately?  Make me feel better and tell me you have just as many, please.....or more.  More would be good.  More would make me feel a whole lot better.

28 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I don't really think of these as the Hall of Shame, as much as the Creative Eye that wonders. It has been awhile since I counted mine, but I think I far surpass you. Still, I love it when I go on a retreat, or block special time, and pull out these kitted projects. Always gives me something to work on and when I have such "time" it is fun to get them finished. I really like to celebrate finishes more than looking at a Hall of Shame.

Here is wishing you more time in your future to celebrate finishes. And, I'd love to help celebrate such finishes with you. Wish one is next?

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Jeanette said...

Well I'm in good company then Allie. I'd rather not count my projects but I could be looking at that many. :). Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Oh my goodness...you have a few things to be going on with don't you!! Mine are hidden in boxes so they are out of sight! Love the Stowaway pattern in particular. Good luck with making some progress on them. I had to attend to the dust today, but back to the sewing now!!

O'faigh said...

Ahhh Allie, you are not alone with too many projects on the go...My Girls Day Out quilt has two blocks to embrodier...keep putting it off because of the thickness I have to sew through....sigh....Regards, Lyn

ukcitycrafter said...

Lots of lovely projects on the go. I'm sure it's a sign of a creative mind and as such should be celebrated - nothing to be ashamed about :)

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh honey, it's so obvious how much you love our craft! Just think, you've no reason ever to be bored. LOL!! I adore the fabric for Promises & Borders!
Also excited to see your own designs finished one day. Your style makes my heart beat faster. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

No shame on that gorgeous display at all xxx

West Michigan Quilter said...

LOL you are a true quilter. I think we all have projrcts like these. I like what Quilt Shop Gal says...we have a creative eye that wanders! Just enjoy what you and don't sweat those UFOs.

Karen said...

At least you have everything neat and in plastic bags. Me, pieces and parts scattered in the sewing room. My embroidery floss is a disaster.

Mickie said...

Okay I will count them today and then post on my blog. I have had as many as 40 plus UFOs in outerspace but did do one year of UFOs and it helped. Now I mostly have things I want to do as stash busters. What will tip the scales are embroidery projects. I have tons of them. Just an FYI--some UFOs, I changed to make pillows. Unfortunately, they are now UFO pillows :D Hugs and hugs, Mickie and Seamus the nekked dog

Terry said...

Just look at how organized you are now! You'll be finishing projects right and left and be caught up in no time at all! ;0)

Cathy said...

You are doing good. I don't dare show all my started but not finished projects. It would take weeks to show. Now that you found them you'll get them finished and I can't wait to see them. Hugs

desertskyquilts said...

Unless you are sold on making the bicycles one, give the pattern away and put the fabric with other fabric. There, reduced by one already. LOL No, I don't count. Too scary! At least you keep the patterns, thread and pieces together. Love your bling challenge. Finish that one first and feel good. =)

Dolores said...

I'm not counting. They seem to multiply each time I make a list. Things get forgotten. Get to work there lady. I'll be cracking the whip soon.

sunny said...

Love the fabric you found for Jenny's kitchen designs. I stitched April yesterday. I'm sure I could top your list, but I'd rather not know. I do know that I can stitch for many years without buying any fabric. Might have to break down and splurge on some batting soon, though. Get busy girl. If anyone wants a clean dish, they can clean it themselves!!!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

I love the way you´ve organized your projects :-)It makes it easy to grab one and be creative.

Fiona said...

haha.... way to go Allie.... I love how you had forgotton so many of them and it's wonderful to see them out... I did love those baskets when you were doing them...
Hugz

Sandra :) said...

I'm not counting my UFO's - I have them all hidden in a very large Rubbermaid container downstairs - I haven't worked on any of them in more than a year, and in fact, have almost persuaded myself to donate the lot to a church that will actually finish them and get them into use. I believe that at last count there were somewhere between 13 and 15 of them, just waiting to come out of the dark!

I really burned myself out a few years ago making 6 D9P quilts for the greats for Christmas - at least - that's my excuse at the moment, lol!

Kaisievic said...

Allie, a great selection of projects to keep you busy, my dear. I do not dare count my WIPs and UFOs - I know it will be too many!

Raewyn said...

Do not fear - you are far from the only one! I don't even try to count mine! You have some lovely projects waiting in line there, when the time is right I'm sure you'll get back to them :-)

Linda in Calif. said...

Last count I was at 12 - but I know there are more. I can't go look or it's going to make me crazy. The thing I noticed is you have Miss Jenny Of Elefantz. (Me too) Well, good luck - no hurry getting them done. Oh and if you want to send the Mermaid one away - she would have a great home with me. (See this is how we get too many projects!)

Freya Rose Blossom said...

If you ever wants me to nip over the pond and help you wiv the dishes, I can always give em a quick lick over for yer.
Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

shez said...

Hi Allie wow that's an impressive list they will keep you out of mischief that's for sure,I am too scared to look at mine ,Thankyou for sharing my friend xx

donna said...

Oh boy girlee, you have some cute stuff there. I have been organizing too and found some stuff I never even started but I have all the fabrics for it. There is like 3 bags full. lol
We too have been getting a lot of rain and storms. It really has been a weird month.
Hugs
donna

lvkwilt said...

Not proud, but I have more--as in too many to count! At least you are all organized. I've been quilting so many years (over 30) that I've lost interest in many of mine so are donating them to charity. Lots to sort through. I call it my 401F!

Tanya said...

Wow! Have you got your work cut out for you! I'm so tempted to do some more embroidery but MY list is pretty long too!

Ondrea said...

Oh my! So many gorgeous projects. I see a bit of a Jenny groupie thing going here. Love her designs. It is good to have great ideas and works in progress. Keeps us out of mischief.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I don't feel so bad now. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...