Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sunshine On My Shoulders

makes me happy.....I think that was the only John Denver song I didn't care for, but sunshine sure does make me happy!  And it is shining today!

I wanted to share what my sweet friend O'Faigh sent me....this darling little heart tray!

DSC03478

She sent it before my birthday, and I just got out over the weekend to get some pink polka dot felt, and gingham ribbon.  I think it's terribly sweet, and it gets used constantly!  I keep my current project supplies in it, by my side....

DSC03508

No more scrounging around and losing things.  Thank you, O'Faigh!!!  I just love it!

*****************************************************************

Did you ever get the urge to make something right now?  That's how I felt after watching this youtube video,  DIY Zipper Bracelet.  My son was cleaning his room the other day, and found a gift card to Outback Steakhouse - which just happens to be right across the street from Joann Fabrics.  Who just happen to be having their Daffodil Dash at the moment.  [Sandra, we're missing you!]  So, armed with gift cards and coupons, off we went.  I got everything I thought I needed to make the bracelet, and this is how it turned out -

DSC03501
DSC03503

I LOVE it.  There are, however, things I would do differently - I used a 7inch zipper, which is too big for me.  Next time I'll get a 6 inch.  Also, I would use a better quality of zipper.  They have to be metal, since you burn off the excess binding, but do get a nice one.  Because of the Daffodil Dash going on, supplies were pretty limited!  I was not happy with the quality of this zipper, but I had to make this right now.  

On the bottom of the zipper is that little bar that goes across - that did not fit nicely into the crimp.

DSC03505

So, I cut it off.  The crimps fit much better without it - however, I'm going to have to get some jewelry glue to make sure it stays on.  I also have to get some jewelry needlenose pliers, as hubby's pliers left marks on my crimp end.  The seahorse charm is one I had on hand.

All in all, I count this a successful project - it was easy, fast, and with the right supplies would turn out beautifully.  Next time, I'm going to cut a zipper out of jeans and try that.

I've also been doing quite a bit of stitching.  I'm working on my new free design coming up, would you like to see?

DSC03488

Darn that camera, it keeps cutting things off. *smile*  I still need to re-trace my garden design onto fabric and fusible - I haven't started re-making that yet.  So if I can stay away from zippers and restaurants and amazing fabric store sales, I should be able to get some things done!

*****************************************************************

Please keep Debbie from WoolenSails and her family in your prayers, she has just suffered the loss of her daughter.  My heart cannot imagine the pain and grief she's having to endure.

*****************************************************************

DSC03492

17 comments:

Terry said...

What a sweet little heart tray! Your sewing stuff looks so pretty in there! :0)

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like a fun date with your son. The heart basket is perfect for your sewing supplies.

Sew This N That said...

What a fun little basket my friend! Love the fabric and ribbon additions :)
Not seen a zip bracelet before, not my kind of thing but Alyssa has just spied it over my shoulder and now wants one *sigh* I suppose I have to endure another trip to hobbycraft...and make sure I dont get attacked by more balls of yarn trying to make me buy them *big sigh* rofl.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a sweet basket Allie.

Jeanette said...

Such a lovely little basket. Love the zipper bracelet. Interesting idea. Love your sneaky peak. Hugs,xx

O'faigh said...

Good Morning Allie how sweet the tray has turned out glad you love it hugs ofaigh

Wendy B said...

How on earth did I miss your birthday gorgeous Allie-girl? Happy happy belated wishes by lovely friend. You are a clever chicky....love the bracelet.....and especially that new design....those sneaky cameras can be naughty can't they *wink*? LOL
For sure, prayers aplenty my friend....I can't imagine losing a child, her heart would be shattered, not just broken. (hugs) and <3love galore xoxox

shez said...

hi Allie love your tray i have one also from O'Faigh ,she does a beautful job of these and i love your bracelet also,hope you have a wonderful day xx

Tanya said...

Yours supplies look so nice in the heart tray. I'm thinking that just cleaning up my supply AREA would make a world of differnce in the atmosphere next tpo my sewing chair!

Karen said...

What is the heart container made from? It is very pretty.

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a sweet little heart tray. Love how you embellished it. Love that bracelet too. How clever, looks like you are getting a lot done!

Mickie said...

Yeh for spring at Allie's! Glad to see you are doing okay! Your new embroidery looks wonderful! Will keep Debbie in our prayers. Hugs, Mickie

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a sweet heart! It's perfect for putting all your goodies in. Your zip bracelet is wonderful too. I love the addition of the seahorse. Your new design is looking so pretty.

desertskyquilts said...

The tray is attractive and handy, too! I love your zipper bracelet, and the fact that you HAD to make it. =) And Outback on top of that shopping - what a great day!

desertskyquilts said...

No need to approve this one - just forgot to tell you that I love your little house and garden peek!

Sandra :) said...

I knew the Daffodil Dash was at the beginning of the month, but I usually get notified by the arrival of the snail mail flyer ... at which point I of course start getting antsy ... "Need to go Stateside! NEED TO GO STATESIDE!" :D Lately all they've sent me is weird postcard notifications on a couple of random occasions - I haven't seen an actual flyer in quite a while! I remember our trip a year ago - all the shopping - and the ice-cream run - remember that? LOL!

Carrie P. said...

that heart basket is so cute. And what a neat idea for a bracelet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...