Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Still Not Here. Where Are You, Springtime???

I wondered why I was so cold this morning, looked at my phone and it was FIFTEEN DEGREES outside.  It's officially spring, so what the heck!  And a frozen mix tonight, plus snow on the weekend coming up?  Can't put my fleecies away just yet, I guess....

I had a great weekend though, every year during National Quilting Day weekend The Quilt Show opens their site for everyone, even non-members.  I spent the whole weekend stitching and watching....what inspiration!  I finished my latest quilt top, except for the border....

DSC03432    2
2015-03-23 00.29.18    2
2015-03-23 00.28.34    2

I think my birdie needs a bit of a bigger eye though, not sure he can see the worms.

DSC03433    2

This was a fun quilt to make, although doing the pattern is proving to be less fun.  I did manage to figure out how to make a full layout diagram, just tape the pattern sheets together, they'll come all numbered so you don't lose any pieces.  And the pinwheels were tricky to applique with fusible - so many seams, and they didn't want to stick.  However, I wanted a frayed look, so it worked out perfectly!  You can opt for regular applique though instead of pinwheels, but I sure do love them.  Just don't look close at the centers.

I also finished off the first park bench on my Gargantuan stitchery project...

DSC03438    2

Not sure I'll ever finish it, but you never know.

Last week was St. Patrick's day, and since we're all Irish, my mom and my aunt and I went out to dinner.  We stopped at a large Irish pub, but it was crazy loud in there, so we went to a gorgeous Mexican restaurant.  I'm sure my ancestors were rolling in their graves.  But hey, we got serenaded by a couple of strolling guitar players, so it's all good.  I have to show you what my aunt got her kitty, Snickers....

20150322_204302    2

Apparently she's Irish too.

I just found out that the Salvation Army gives senior discounts, and horrors, I qualify.  Not happy about the age thing but I'm seriously glad about the discount!  If you're over 50, you might want to check this page out, it has a list of places you can ask!   Just click here -  Over 50 Discounts.  There have to be some perks for living so long.

Have a great week everybody, I'll see ya soon - go make something pretty!


20 comments:

Dolores said...

Your project really is cute and looks like it was a whole lot of fun to make. I love all the little elements in it. I guess the Mexican place didn't have green beer but it must have been nice to be serenaded.

em's scrapbag said...

Your spring garden is wonderful!

WoolenSails said...

That is such a fun and happy quilt, perfect for spring.
I hate being that old, but sure is nice to get discounts;)

Debbie

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a sweet quilt!! Just the sort of garden I like to wander through. The pinwheels are worth the effort, they're so cute. I love that you celebrated St Patrick's day at a Mexican restaurant.

Karen said...

Allie, the wagon piece is adorable!

Jeanette said...

Love your project Allie. it's officially autumn here but i can tell you we are still having sweltering hot days that should only be in summer. :(. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

at least there are some signs of spring... especially in that pretty garden you have sewn... love it...
Hugz

Cathy said...

I love your garden quilt. The piecing is beautiful. And I love the embroidery. Hugs, Cathy

Tanya said...

Your quilt is so pretty and springy! I need to start on something that reminds me of spring. Love your pinwheels and colors!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your spring garden is beautiful. I love it and wish you lots of luck on the pattern. That Irish kitty is cute too.

Sandra :) said...

You've been a busy girl - look at that gorgeous stitching! OMG love the hat on the kitty - what a sweet Irish lass, LOL!!

Spring hasn't quite made up her mind here yet either - the first day of her arrival was quite lovely, then it snowed and got cold the next day, lol. We still have snow in the 14 day forecast, and one day is going down to -10C, but most of the next two weeks will be about seasonal. As long as the sun keeps shining I can handle average seasonal temperatures :D

Jenny of Elefantz said...

L O V E - love!!!!!!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Allie that is so very cute xxx

Mickie said...

Everything looks great! It's finally warmer (30s) here and we are enjoying walking outside again. Snickers is a hoot!
Hugs, Mickie

Terry said...

I love your little quilt! We had snow the night before last, and today it's raining. I wonder if spring will ever get here! LOL

Edith Csokmay said...

Love your whirly twirly garden - this pattern I must add to my collection. Can't wait :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful fun quilt....love the wagon.

Ondrea said...

Your aplliques ard so lovely, well worth the frustration in the end. Love the kitty although it looks a bit unhappy having the hat on its head. Over 50s for seniors? Gee, you have to be over 60 here and I have another 2 years to go.

O'faigh said...

Love Snickers top hat great stitching Allie Regards Lyn

donna said...

Oh my gosh! Your quilt is sooo cute. I just love it. Your stitching is just perfect.
I am so sorry you are not have Spring like weather yet. We have had some really pretty days, but it is supposed to start raining again.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs
donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...