Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Marathon of Marples

Happy Monday everyone, although it's only been Monday for about 15 minutes.  I hope you had a great weekend, I sure did!  Although I'm not happy with Netflix, they did contribute to my good weekend.  They took the Miss Marple series off streaming, as of Feb 1,  so I had a blast just stitching and watching as many hours as I could.

DSC03337    2

Unfortunately I over-stitched....my sore arm woke me out of a Nyquil coma this morning.  I also have a cold, thus the Nyquil.

We've had a bit of snow today, so far over 10 inches.  It's gorgeous out there.  Now, you cannot have a cold in Michigan without also having Vernors on hand...

vernors

It just makes it all better.  So I sent my boys out to shovel, and dig out my car.  Abby helped.

DSC03340    2
DSC03342    2

That was this afternoon, and yes it was that dark outside.  We have several more inches now.  We discovered that John will be taking my car to work tomorrow, as his is hopelessly stuck.  If he has work....he may not!  It's supposed to still be snowing at 7am.

[My car doesn't get stuck.  Neener neener.]

I'm stitching a new/old set of little designs, 12 mini's that you can put on just about anything.  Giving it a bit of a break today though, and going visiting.  I guess I'm taking a snow day!!

Jenny's new Vintage Kitchen BOM is up, and it's a darling!


I'll be tracing it this week - are you joining in?

Off to visit some more, have a great week and stay warm [or cool] and safe - see ya soon!



15 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

I hate it when Netflix makes a change like that, though I really suppose we should blame the people who own the rights to Miss Marple. I hope you had a great time watching them, except for the sore arm, of course! That snow just looks nasty. Now why is Vernor's necessary to a cold? Do reveal it's magic secret!

Nancy J said...

Looks mighty cold and well bogged down to me, lovely ginger to pep up your day. Take care in that cold and that snow.

Ondrea said...

Brrrrrrr that looks so cold. Here's me complaining about our cool summer! I traced Jenny's stitchery tonight and hope to stitch it tomorrow.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Goodness! You got more snow than we did. We only got 8 inches. Still that means I won't be leaving the house today. Wish I had some boys to dig me out! Love your cute little apron. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Sandra :) said...

The forecasts for this morning's commute ranged from vaguely catastrophic to downright apocalyptic, so my buddy and I decided to forgo Aquafitness this morning. That turned out to be a good thing - there are 1 foot tall drifts on my front steps in front of my door - I couldn't have gotten out without going through the garage! Good day to stay home and sew ... but so far all I've done is play on the computer, lol!

Cathy said...

I love Vernors... Jenny's Sew a Long looks like fun. I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Stay warm. Hugs

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Burrrr... too cold for me! Although it is going down into the 30's tonight, it should warm back up in a couple of days. It was 72 here yesterday ;-)

Karen Schurr said...

Oh, man! hate when that happens. Hulu Plus did that, too, a while back. I didn't catch it in time, though, so missed out. Glad you got some good help with the shoveling....you guys have had more than your fair share up there. Stay warm and take care of that sore arm, Dear.

WoolenSails said...

We got snow this morning, then sleet, then rain and now it is snowing again, so it is going to be an icy mess. My daughter also gave me her bug, so I am sore as heck today, but have a project to hand stitch.

Debbie

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Allie, let's swap a bit of your snow for my heatwave ok? And the ginger ale can come too because it's the only thing we drink here (all year round) apart from water, coffee and veggie juice. Our brand of choice is Bundaberg and it's delicious!
Love a good Marple marathon...although I'm working my way through series 5 and 6 of Midsomer Murders at the moment while I stitch.
Love your little cutie stitching peek!!

Fiona said...

Good old Miss Marple... I wonder if she ever thought how many stitchers she would keep company...
the snow looks lovely.....
Hugz

sunny said...

That's way too much snow! But if you have someone else to shovel, and you get a snow day, it's not all bad. Just returned from FLorida, and it's so cold here!!!!!!!!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad your weekend was good Allie...'wow,that is am
Other snow xx

Sew This N That said...

Oh I love miss marple! Never used Netflix...will ask one of the boys to look into it for me :)
We used to love ginger ale in the UK until they changed the flavour of it...kids are going mad on them high energy drinks at the moment so I have restricted them to 1 a week...Alyssa bounces off the wall now, without any encouragement :)
thats a lot of snow my friend...I give you permission to NOT share with us :)
Hope your cold goes soon hunny :)

donna said...

The snow is just gorgeous. I love the stuff, do not know what I would if I lived in it though. LOL! I am sorry to hear to have a cold. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know how old being sick can be. Love your stitching, that apron is so darn cute.
Feel better and stay warm.
Hugs
donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...