Saturday, January 10, 2015

One More Week

Yep, mum has one more week of treatments - one more week of running back and forth to my aunt's, one more week of her wearing that silly shoe [that keeps causing her to FALL], one more week of her getting up at 5am to get to the hospital.  At least, that's the plan, lol - and we all know about the best-laid plans.

Other than running mum back and forth, I've been really busy.  I picked out my fabric for Jenny's new free BOM, Vintage Kitchen....still need to get the red spotty though.

DSC03302    2

I bought that fabric a few years ago just because, and I'm so glad I did!  It's perfect for this design.  Are you making Jenny's pattern too?  She also has a new free stitchery that is so darling, click here for that - The Word of Our God - and so much more.  That girl is so busy!  And so talented!

Another reason I've been so busy is because I'm working on a new stitchery pattern.  A very large stitchery pattern.  Nine blocks - all designs are now completed, and traced onto fabric, I'll start stitching tomorrow.  I'm very excited about this one!

DSC03308    2

I started last year, but we all know how my year went....lol.  By the way, that's not a syringe, that's my pen.  The ink writes black although in the pen it looks red, like blood.  I love that pen.

I'm hoping to get around to your blogs tonight and tomorrow.  I'm up late these last few days, Sam gets home from work around 2am and I do stay up til he's home.  With all our weather lately, and the massive amount of accidents [including a 200 car pile-up] I can't sleep til he's home.  He does spend 8 hours out riding around in cars on the highways, makes me nervous even though I used to do it too, and I know the folks who are driving him, they're excellent drivers.  Still....I'm a mum....

Stay safe, my friends, and in the US, stay warm!  I'll see you all soon!

17 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is fun fabric for the kitchen quilt. My husband works second so I am used to staying up most of the time, but sometimes I fall asleep on my book;)

Debbie

sunny said...

Cute fabric!! Everyone should have something like that in their stash, but I don't. I'm happy with the fabric I've chosen though. First block is stitched. Looking forward to seeing your new design.

Karen Schurr said...

Such neato fabric, Allie. Looks so authentic to the 50s, doesn't it. Can't wait to see what you have in store this time.

I know exactly about that worry a mom feels. My youngest has put over 2600 miles on her car this past week driving everyday from interview to interview. Bless her heart, she knows I worry so she'll text me whenever she gets in....she just got home about 15 minutes ago and she texted. I try to hide it, but she knows I can't sleep until I know she's safe. Bless our kids (and their moms, too) Good luck with running around again. Stay warm and safe. Hugs :)

Karen said...

The vintage kitchen fabric is just perfect for the project.

Jeanette said...

love the fabric Allie. Perfect choice. Love your syringe pen. Hugs,xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You're an awesome mama!
Adore that fabric. Totally loves it. xx

O'faigh said...

Love the vintage fabric Allie hugs ofaigh

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love that fabric! Is this BOM different from the stitchery? You're a good mom. No matter how old they are, we still worry about our kids.

Sandra :) said...

Love that retro fabric! I agree with West Michigan Quilter - no matter how old they are - we still worry about them!

Carrie P. said...

can't wait to see your designs.
I love the fabric you are going to use for Jenny's pattern. very cute.
I used to stay up late when my kids were out too. Tried to sleep but couldn't so I usually ended doing some sewing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hope your one more week goes by quickly!

desertskyquilts said...

That is a perfectly wonderful fabric for Jenny's stitcheries this year! Your little tease looks intriguing, can hardly wait to see what you are doing.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Such cute fabric Allie! Hope all gets better soon with your family. They are truly blessed to have you for a wonderful caregiver.
Hugs!

Mickie said...

Hi sweetie, hope this is Mom's last one and that all is easier for both of you!! The new pattern sounds fab! Love the fabric you chose for Jenny's, still not sure what I am going to pick yet. Thinking of you a lot (I just don't get on the internet that often right now). Hugs, Mickie

donna said...

Hi Allie,
I love love your fabric.
Oh my gosh we heart about that 200 car pile up all the way down here. Geez.
Hugs
donna

Shasta Matova said...

That is a lovely fabric, and will work great with Jenny's pattern. I look forward to seeing your design too. Very intriguing. Love the syringe pen!

Tanya said...

Stay warm and happy stitching!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...