Sunday, December 28, 2014

Thank Goodness

Christmas is over for another year.  I need to plan better.  Did you all have a great Christmas?  I finally made it around blog-land, my blog reader was so backed up!  But now I'm done with stitching, sewing room is cleaned and ready, and I have no idea what to do.

I only finished one table runner, for my aunt.

DSC03269    2

I love Jenny's Holly Birds!

DSC03271    2

Unfortunately, one of the red fabrics bled, even with a color catcher - my aunt loved it anyway.

I also found this in a drawer from last year, I just added a border and pillow-case stitched it closed.

DSC03275    2

Mum loved it.  And speaking of mum, THIS is what a Detroit pistol-packin' grandma looks like -

DSC03292    2

Isn't that a hoot?  My cousin makes those out of wood, he's sanded the barrel so smooth it looks like metal!  He's amazingly talented.

From mum and me, a very Happy New Year to you all - I'm going to take a bit of a break to focus on what 2015 will bring, I'm making plans for a great year!  I hope you are too!

DSC03280    2
Mrs. Christmas herself!!

16 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are both beautiful pieces. I need to make some runners, so time to go through my patterns and books. Love that gun, that is fun and it really looks real, he does a beautiful job.

Debbie

Jeanette said...

Love what you made Allie. Now that's a gun & a half. :) Hugs,xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your new table topper, those pictures of your mom are so cute! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Terry said...

What a beautiful runner! And wow...that's one big gun! LOL Happy New Year! :0)

Mickie said...

Love your projects, that reindeer is sweet!!! Mum cracks me up. I think your whole family must be artistic, that gun is something! Have a happy New Year and see you in 2015! Hugs, Mickie

Karen Schurr said...

Love your table runners, too. But, I gotta say, I'm a little afraid of your mom, now :) Happy New Year, --Hugs

Karen said...

The Holly Bird is so pretty with an ornament hanging from its beak. I had not noticed the pattern on Jenny's site. So much nicer to see it on your blog post.

Sandra :) said...

Had a crappy Christmas but at least both of our kids were here so that part was good. Glad it's over :D Allie your tablerunner is beautiful - the fabrics are so perfect for Christmas without being Christmassy - it could be used all winter - fall and winter, really - so sweet :) The reindeer is adorable too - funny how we put projects away only to realize how quick they would have been to finish, haha. Your mom with that gun is too funny - please give her a hug from us! (I love what Karen said about being a little afraid of your mom now - that made me giggle!)

sunny said...

I LOVE that table runner! I think I'll run downstairs right this minute and make one for next year. I might be a little afraid of your mum, too! LOL. Happy New Year!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your completed runner is gorgeous!! And I love the redwork - I have a soft spot for red thread on white. ;-)
Oh mama, you make me wonder about any links to Annie Oskley?? Is there somethin' you want to fess up?

Mary-Kay Colman said...

Your mom is a hoot! I love all the pictures you post of her. She is looking well too! Your table runner is beautiful. Is that your own pattern? Have a Happy New Year!

desertskyquilts said...

Beautiful stitcheries. I love Jenny's birds, too - all of them! That picture of "Grandma" is too cute. Does she know how to use it? =)

Cathy Buel said...

I'm with you. I'm glad Christmas is over. I did finish all the zipper bags I planned on and got the quilt quilted for my brother-in-law. But then I came down with a terrible cold. Still trying to kick it. I love the tablerunner you made. Who is the designer. You Mum is adorable...she even scared me a little....lol Hugs

Ondrea said...

Loooove the tablerunner and the reindeer table topper. Hmmm, I still get shocked when I see pics of people with guns, real or not. Just an Aussie thing I guess. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

donna said...

Both of your projects are gorgeous. You do such beautiful work.
Oh how I love you mom and her new gun. You know here in Texas we pack. LOL!
Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Happy New Year.
Hugs
donna

Liz said...

Love that runner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...