Monday, December 15, 2014

How Many Makes A Flock?

Cuz there is a flock here - of Jenny's gorgeous Holly Birds!

DSC03257    2  2

I love this design.  LOVE LOVE LOVE these birdies.

DSC03259     2

Can you tell?

DSC03261    2

I'm making 5 table runners, and each runner will have 2 birds - I have yet to stitch down the applique, then embroider the details, which are beyond sweet!  Think I'll be able to finish in time?  I still have no clue what I'm going to use for the ornament, either a fussy cut fabric or a special Christmas button....both of which I have yet to purchase.  And oh yeah, binding - what to use for binding!!  I'm sure I'll figure it out.  If you'd like your own flock, Jenny's pattern is available in her shop, just click HERE!

Do you watch much tv while you sew?  The only show I watch on a regular basis is The Voice - don't ask me how I got hooked on it, but I watched the blind auditions and just fell in love with all the talent.  Tonight, instead of stitching [final performances, I was nervous, didn't want to stab myself] I did this...

2014-12-15 23.27.40    2

My gorgeous friend Cathy doesn't have time to crochet herself some dish cloths, so I offered.  I love to crochet, and I don't have to look at it - so I can watch The Voice!  Can't wait to find out tomorrow who wins!

My lovely friend O'Faigh sent me the darlingest Christmas gift....

2014-12-06 19.41.48    2

and after I begged pleaded asked, I opened it, and isn't this too cute!!!

DSC03264    2

A little reindeer stocking with gorgeous floss colors!  And get this, I did NOT have these colors, and they go perfectly with Jenny's birds that I'm doing!  How did she know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Two of the skeins are missing in that pic because they're already in use - and now two more have been put into service!  Thank you darling O'Faigh, you saved me a trip and the trials of matching colors under fluorescent lights!  Not to mention MADE MY DAY!

Ok back to the coal mines, folks, I'll be head down needle up until these are done....so see ya later, alligator - in awhile, crocodile - gotta go, buffalo - take care polar bear - toodleloo, kangaroo [for my Aussie friends] - out the door, dinosaur - well, you get the picture.  Wait, nothing rhymes with picture.....STITCHER!!!!  That's me, a picture stitcher!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

18 comments:

Debbie said...

I have the TV on all the time while sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc. I only need to glance at the tv occasionally to know what's happening.

I love that cone of cotton yarn. Where do you buy that?

Happy holidays, Allie, to you and your family.

O'faigh said...

Uncanny heh allie I lovethe birdie pattern as well on my to do list hugs ofaigh

Sew This N That said...

My friend you always brighten what starts out to be a dull day :)
You are right, those birdies are cute! 5 runners before xmas....can she do it? Of course she can...just call her Super Stitcher lol.

Terry said...

I love your birds and the fabrics your using are gorgeous! In kindergarten the kids' teacher used to have all those sayings...I still remember some of them but not all! LOL

Tammy said...

Love your bird runners you are working on...They are going to be so gorgeous when completed...Aren't useful crafting gifts just the best thing to receive.

Sandra :) said...

I always have the tv on when I'm sewing - I don't really follow along as much as I would like to, but that's because the older I get, the more I need to concentrate to get things done right, lol. Things I used to be able to do without thinking, now require greater effort or bad things happen, HAHA. I do believe you'll get all the runners done before Christmas - but you're going to need a hibernation nap afterwards! ;)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very cute birdies. I too am on the last leg of Christmas gifties. Need to send some off in the mail!!! Hope I can make it ;-)

WoolenSails said...

Yes, I watch tv, cannot just sit, have to have at least two things going on, lol. I never watched talent shows either, but they hook you;) It is easier to watch those and stitch, since I can listen instead of watch.

Debbie

paulette said...

Thanks for the chuckle this morning!! :o))))

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your birds are darling Allie. Good luck finishing your table runners!

dq said...

Hello Allie,

I really love the fabrics you have laid out for your table runners with birds. It is going to be so beautiful!

Fiona said...

perfect fabrics for your holly birds.... and I love the little special stocking with threads..... handmade dishcloths are the best..
Hugz

sunny said...

Your birdies are cute! And so is that adorable little reindeer stocking!! I absolutely love him. Enjoy your stitching.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I am lost for words...wow, your version of the Holly Birds is adorable!!
The fabrics you've chosen are so perfect, so elegant, Allie!

And your gift - oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing! xxx

desertskyquilts said...

I love Jenny's birds, too. That's my favorite one. I'm going to use the button bird on the swap. Are you doing the Stitchery Club and the SC swap?

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your birds. Looking forward to seeing the finished table runners. Looks like you are getting a lot accomplished!

O'faigh said...

Merry Christmas to you Allie and your family hugs lyn

Ondrea said...

I looove Jenny's birdies too. Yours look rather stunning.Love that yellow vatiegated yarn you are crocheting with. I do a little crocheting but still learning. I am a better knitter but find the rythm of crocheting to be peaceful. Easier to pick up dropped stitcges too hehehe. I always watch TV or dvds when I stitch. I am mostly a hand piecer and do heaps of stitcheries. I detest so called reality tv and find there isn't much else on thus the dvds. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...