Sunday, November 9, 2014

Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar

Back when I was working, as I drove I would listen to sirius radio.  My very favorite station was Radio Classics - all the old shows - Fibber McGee, My Favorite Husband, Gunsmoke, The Great Gildersleeve.  But the best show of all?  Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.

DSC03140    2

I really hated it when an episode was playing during lunch, and I had to get out of the car.  So when they had a sale on cd's, I bit - and got these.  If you've never heard of Johnny Dollar, that's probably because it aired in the 1950's - but it's sure worth re-visiting!  Not affiliated, just a really happy listener.  I spend time with Johnny while I stitch.  You can find all kinds of these shows at RadioSpirits.

Toni from The Red Boot Quilt Company posted a pic of her embroidery floss on her facebook page - OH MY GOSH - I thought I was a mess, lol!!!  So I had to post a pic of mine too.  I'm so very OCD about my floss....

DSC03144    2

How about you?  Are you neat and tidy or do you have to hunt and untangle when you need some?

And I will need some tonight.  I stayed up all night creating some new designs, and I'm still not tired.  I may take a nap in awhile but I'll be stitching with Johnny tonight!

DSC03147    2
That glass under my drawing is plexiglass - it's my light box.  I put a small lamp under it.  It works.

The bonus was I got to see a really pretty sunrise!  It would probably look better with palm trees, but you take what you can get.

DSC03138    2

I hope you're all having a wonderful day - get out and enjoy it if you can!


15 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I listent to novels from Audible when I stitch or walk or travel on the train. Such a boon not to have to listen to many of the inane conversations some people have on public transport - lol!

WoolenSails said...

Our library has audio books that you can download for free now, so that is nice with the older programs. I have a floss box, do i use it, no, lol. I like how you did yours though, smart to use different boxes for colors. I use it in punch, so i go through skeins and not worth winding it.

Debbie

sunny said...

What a beautiful sunrise! My embroidery floss is stored in 'floss away' little baggies, that are kept in order by keeping them on a metal ring. Well, maybe three rings. I have a lot of floss.

KaHolly said...

I always have an audio story going!! I'll have to check out Audible. I never heard of Johnny Dollar, so I'll have to check him out, too. My floss is in a tangled mess. In several places. Thankfully, I don't have quite as much as you!! We had a beautiful sunrise this morning, too. I was glad to have caught it.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So tell me, do you store them in colour sequence or number??
I do mine in number but lately have thought colour would be more sensible...LOVE organisation. ;-)

West Michigan Quilter said...

I remember most of those shows. Bring back good memories. But i don't remember Johnny Dollar. I'm going to have to look into that.

Terry said...

I love your little sailboats! Nice sunrise too! :0)

Fiona said...

I haven't heard of Johnnie Dollar but I do like to listen and stitch ... my threads are more like yours.... but in numerical order... Have a wonderful week

Hugz

donna said...

I am going to have to check out Johnny Dollar. I love old shows and have a few on CD. We usually listen to them while we are traveling. WOW! You really have the mother load of floss LOL! I only have one box and it maybe only 3/4 of the way full. Your sunrise is just gorgeous.
Hope you have an awesome day. Love your drawing.
Hugs
donna

B J Elder said...

Thanks for the link to the "oldies". We love listening to those too, but its been a while. Hmmm, possible gift ideas?
Love the sailboat, anxious to see more. You are so creative. My floss is not as organized as yours, but they are in their own little zip top bags and organized by number, does that count? LOL

O'faigh said...

Hello Allie, I listed to my CD's when I sew, or find songs that I like and play them on the pc. I have my floss in a similar container, but keep them as purchased and not wound on the cardboard, to save tangles. Hugs O'faigh

Sew This N That said...

Hi my friend....I love your floss storage, mine is currently in one box but threatening to overflow :)
I have two boxes for my tatting thread though :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I need you and your OCD over here on the double....help. Everything I have is a mess.....grin. Not sure I'd be brave enough to show my floss.

Carrie P. said...

i have those same boxes for my floss

Karen Schurr said...

That sunset is gorgeous! Who needs palm trees (easy for me to say lol) I,too, love the old radio mysteries. I'm going to have to check out the link -- Thanks!\

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...