Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sailing Into Christmas

Whew, it's done - now to hide it from mum til Christmas!

Sailing Into Christmas

I think she'll love it.  She is Mrs. Christmas, you know, and she doesn't have anything like this!  I wanted something a little different, and this fit the bill.  It was great fun designing it!  I may have to do more Christmas designs....

Candy-cane sails and a wee Charlie Brown Christmas tree.....

Sailing Into Christmas

Following the Star and ringing the bells....

Sailing Into Christmas

And a boat that just might be bringing Santa to the harbor!

Sailing Into Christmas

Streaming a Christmas banner above the sails....

Sailing Into Christmas

Oh what fun it is to sail in a Christmas boat tonight!!!!  [Shameless change to Jingle Bells, with apologies to the composer!]

I was going to create a pattern for a table runner to put these on, but cut my sailboat blocks too small - when I started getting into 1/16" measurements I gave up.  So the pattern is for the stitcheries only, with a floss color list [although you really need to match your floss to your fabrics first!] and suggestions on what to put them on.  I'm going to use each sailboat to make a series of ornaments, and if I can find my toweling in my fabric stash [help!] I'm going to put them on dishtowels!  What would you put them on?

If you'd like to stitch up some nautical Christmas cheer too, the pattern is available in my shop, just click HERE!

Now I have to go grocery shopping, and that's never fun - plus I'm hungry, which doesn't help.  I think I deserve some Swiss Cake Rolls, don't you?  They really are my downfall!  I hope the box makes it home......'tis the season!  Happy Stitching!


21 comments:

Dolores said...

It's adorable. Your mom will love it.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such fun. Love your stitching!

WoolenSails said...

That is such a fun design and something different for christmas.

Debbie

Fiona said...

it's gorgeous Allie.... my other mum will love it....xx
Hugz

Terry said...

It's wonderful! It just needs a Christmas lighthouse and it would be perfect! :0)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Advice: Buy 2 boxes ;-)

LOVE your Christmas boats!! \o/

Sandra :) said...

HAHA I'm with Jenny - buy 2 boxes - you can never go wrong with 2 boxes of anything containing chocolate :D Adorable stitchery - I particularly like the embellishments on each boat - especially the Santa hat, LOL!

Val Spiers said...

Hi Allie, I love your Christmas boats.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It's gorgeous Allie xx

Carrie P. said...

your mom is going to love it.

desertskyquilts said...

That was a had-to-have, so I've bought it. I think a table runner, and maybe a front door hanger, and I liked your idea of on the Christmas towels. =) Your mother will love it! I could see a whole string of boats coming into the harbor on a wide, skinny wall hanging, too!

desertskyquilts said...

P. S. and you don't have to post this on the blog, but I just heard a research report yesterday that says people who go shopping hungry spend way more money and buy a huge percentage more of junk food!

quiltingtaylormade said...

Hi Allie !! I got the link to your blog from Gail Pan and I sure do like your sailboat stitchery !!! I love it and have just downloaded it. THANKS !! I live between Houston and Galveston in Texas and this is a HUGE boating area so the stitchery is quite appropriate !!
I read further back into your blog and saw where some of your followers would like to get Australian Homespun magazine but it's so expensive. PLEASE TELL YOUR READERS: I subscribe to AH and Quilter's Companion (also an Aussie mag) thru Zinio.com. I receive it digitally. And it's considerably cheaper that trying to find a hard copy at Barnes and Noble. I love getting it this way -- the magazines are all there in my "library" to reference and I'll always have access to the patterns and templates. Please spread the word !! -- Tay Cutchin Satterfield

Lindah said...

The little boats are so sweet. Thank you for making them available. I feel like I have just opened my first Christmas present.

donna said...

Allie your sailboat pattern is awesome. Love it. Thank you so much for being so sweet to share it.
Hugs
donna

Ondrea said...

What a brilliant unique design! Love it.

Beth Brown said...

This is just beautiful! Love the sailboats! Yes, 2 boxes of Swiss Rolls. I joke with my 15 year old son that his girlfriend's name is Little Debbie!!

Beth

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is such a gorgeous stitchery project!! I love how each boat has it's own personality with special details. The Christmas bunting is the icing on the cake. Your mum will love it!! Swiss rolls sound like the perfect treat for doing the shopping.

Karen Schurr said...

I just love this quilt. What a terrific idea you had. Reminds me of spending a wonderful Christmas we spent in the Florida Keys years ago when the girls were small. We just loved looking at the sailboats all decorated with lights and trees on their decks. I think your mum will love it, too.

Wendy B said...

HOw clever my gorgeous friend....I absolutely love this one! ON my list of 'to do's ' for sure! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo



ps....yep....2 boxes......at least! :o)

Karen said...

Cute design, Allie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...