Monday, October 13, 2014

Let The Auditions Begin....

DSC03083    2

So.  It's been 6 months since I've seen my stash.  And I'm working on two quilts.  It all had to come out today - boy did I find some treasures!  But do you know how hard it is to pull fabrics for two different quilts at the same time?  I kept getting my color schemes mixed up.  I do have a one-track mind, it derails constantly.

Guess what my youngest, Sam, got over the weekend?   His very first car, in his own name!!!

DSC03073    2

And it's just like mine, lol!!  But nicer - it has cloth seats, they're ever so much more comfortable than my leather ones.  No roof rack [not that I've ever used mine] and no push bar YET - it'll be here soon, ebay was most accommodating.

DSC03077    2

He's really happy, although he doesn't look it in the pic.  This car will get him through the winter just fine.  They had to go to Missouri to pick it up - 30 hours of no sleep, I remember those days!  Why we buy cars from other states is beyond me, you'd think the Motor City had none at all.  Our first Rav was from Ohio, John's first car was from New Jersey, his second from Chicago, the van from Illinois, and I don't remember the other 4.  Yes, we have 8 cars....in various states of repair.  I. don't. know. why.

Ok, back to putting the stash away - I have a huge pile of fabric to sort through tomorrow, when I can actually see the colors!  Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Nancy J said...

Stash is such fun, never too much. and a car for the younger man at your place, wonderful. Congrats from down here, I remember those days. Cheers,Jean

Sew This N That said...

Hi my friend. Are you back home now? How is your Aunt doing?
Looks like your having fun with all that fabric :) Sam's new car looks beautiful.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Have fun sorting out your stash!!!

sunny said...

Seriously? They don't sell cars in your area? LOL! Have fun with your stash. Just dive in and fondle it all, and it will talk to you.

WoolenSails said...

I bet you are enjoying going through your stash again and planning new projects.

Debbie

Fiona said...

haha... good luck looking trhough all that fabric....
Great new car for John... always the best memories...
Hugz

Carrie P. said...

yes, that would be confusing picking our fabrics for 2 quilts at the same time.
good luck!
Congrats to your son. Yes, that is a lot of cars!

Sandra :) said...

Don't get lost in the stash pile! Oh ... wait ...don't we DREAM of getting lost in stash? I think so! Congrats Sam on the car --- 8 vehicles?! WOW, lol!

Cathy Buel said...

Pulling your stash out looks like my sewing room all the time....lol

Love your son's new car. Hugs

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Look at all that stash....wow!!! Loving your son's/your car....:)

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh Happy Day for your son - and you since the car is not in your name! hahaha

desertskyquilts said...

I have never bought a car from another state, but a friend bought a former military Volvo from eBay, and it was so much fun to drive. I don't know if I would ever do that, but your son's car looks great. Looking forward to seeing what you were pulling fabrics to finish.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great car ....have fun with that stash

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...