Friday, September 26, 2014

So Sweet And Links

I'm home.  Yep, as in "there's no place like" and "home sweet".  I have my comfy blogging chair, a kitty on my bed, coffee in the pot and all's right with the world.

Mum is still diving every day, but my aunt has therapy at the same place and time so she gets to drive her.  Sweet.

The other day, after dropping mum off, I went to a local park.  What a gem.  Rochester, MI -

DSC02968    2
Loved the arms on this bench.

It was a very peaceful spot, very large, with a river; great place for morning coffee.  Sweet.

DSC02978    2

Last Saturday, I got to spend the day with my bestie Cathy.  She made a jelly roll quilt, isn't it pretty?

DSC02942    2

Tomorrow, we're going to the Quilter's Showcase in Birch Run, MI, and spend another whole day together.  Sweet.

I have a question for you.  Anyone know what kind of caterpillar this is?

DSC02962    2

I found him in the garage [not a lot of food there] and moved him to the garden.  He seemed happy with his new digs.  Very sweet.

****************************************************************

I mentioned links in my post title, and I found a couple I thought were very interesting.  The first is my friend Sharon's blog, she shows how to keep your binding neat while you're attaching it - I am SO doing this with my next quilt.  Click here and read the whole post.  She makes wonderful quilts!

The next is on how to square up your half square triangles.  That is one thing that has eluded me, but this tutorial makes it look easy....from Patchwork Posse.  I do still want to make an hst quilt, so I'm going to try this method and see if I can keep it from becoming too wonky!

*****************************************************************

After six months of staying at my aunt's, my sewing room is quite dusty and I've found a few spiders - that is NOT SWEET - so today I'll be cleaning and grocery shopping.  I think my family will be glad to be done with frozen pizzas, lol.  I hope you all have a great weekend, I know I will, I'll try to remember to take pics of the show for you!

Hugs,
Allie




13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am so glad you are able to be home again and I know you have missed your routine and quilting. We always called them fuzzy bears, lol. I saw something were people were getting bad reactions from handling fussy caterpillars so be careful.

Debbie

sunny said...

Ah. Home sweet home. Hope you get to stay for awhile!! Your sewing room has missed you. Where I live, that's called a wooly bear. And they are said to be predictors of the coming winter weather. This one has black on both ends, so that means severe conditions, with milder in the middle of the season. We have wooly bear contests around here, for biggest, cuddliest (?) fastest, etc. I haven't seen one yet this year. As far as I know, they're harmless.

Terry said...

There really is no place like home...I'm glad you're finally back in yours! I think I'd find myself sitting on that bench a lot...the sound of the water must be so soothing there! :0)

Karen Schurr said...

such a pretty quilt. Love those colors. Glad you're back home. Happy day with the kitty beside you. btw, we always called that caterpillar a "wooly worm". Predicts winter's severity.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm glad you are back home sweetie. Believe it or not....I know exactly where you sat....been there :) We lived in Rochester before I married McSteamy.

Hugs to you!

Smiles,
Kelly

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It's *SO* good to have you back. I miss you buddy! xxxxx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hope your worm doesn't bite...yikes I've never seen one like that. I thought is was an asp.

Fiona said...

lovely park to go to..... and pretty quilt....
Hugz

West Michigan Quilter said...

Seeing Rochester makes me think of when I lived over there. Love that Jelly Roll quilt. Sorry I don't know the name of that caterpillar. It is so cute! Thanks for the links and introducing me to Sharon's blog.

desertskyquilts said...

Welcome home! Wonderful place to be! I love that place you found for reflecting on life, the universe and everything, though. That's beautiful! I would say you got yourself a real live fuzzy-wuzzy there! =)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Good to hear you are home Allie...the park is beautiful..

June said...

In NC they are called Wooly Worms, and there is a Festival to honor them in Blowing Rock every October. They don't bite. I once saw a bumper sticker that said "I brake for Wooly Worms". They can be annoying on the roads.

Carrie P. said...

I would love to sit and stitch on that park bench by the stream. Very nice.
I see the wooly worms around here too. According to legend they predict how cold the winter will be by how much black or brown there is but I can't remember if it black or brown though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...