Sunday, September 14, 2014

Meet Maria

I just couldn't wait to introduce you - Maria will get a thorough photo shoot tomorrow, I only had my phone camera today and naturally, the pics don't do her justice.

As you know, I've been at my aunt's, all summer long.  I've been missing my best friend Cathy....we haven't gotten together except for a hurried coffee all summer.  Today I came home, and I'll be home for a few days, so we met up after she got off work.  She had a sneaky surprise for me....

2014-09-14 19.18.58    2

What could it be?  She had texted me a picture on my phone, of what I thought was a suitcase, and I told her she couldn't leave home without coming to get me.  Well, the suitcase was in her back seat, and when I opened it....

2014-09-14 19.19.29    2

And then she said "happy birthday merry christmas!"

CATHY GOT ME A FEATHERWEIGHT.

*THUD*

2014-09-14 19.21.28    2

Her name is Maria.  I asked Cathy to help me name her, and she picked her mom's name - how perfect.  Her mom was a beautiful seamstress.  Cathy lost her mum last year....

Maria and I will be getting to know each other better tomorrow.  She's going to put the binding on my little quilt for me, as soon as the hand quilting is done.  I can't wait.  I'll show you more later - she even came with a ruffler!  She's going back with me to my aunt's.  She's so lovely, and small, and will fit on the tv tray I've been using for my computer - can't use my aunt's kitchen table.

Welcome home Maria, I hope you love it here - you're going to be treated like the queen you are!!!!  Oh and I hope you don't get carsick.  You'll be traveling.

Oh - the reason I'm home for a few days - my hubby lost his dad this week, the funeral is tomorrow.  Mum is doing well, she finished up her infusions today, and starts hyperbaric treatments Tuesday - every day at 8am.  Weekends off, so I'm going to try to come home every weekend.  My aunt is doing well also, still using the wheelchair when she needs to but getting along pretty well with the walker.

Cathy and I are going to the Quilter's Showcase in Birch Run on the 27th, I believe, if any of you are going I'd love to meet you!

And now I have to tuck Maria in, and then myself.  And then cry a little cuz I sure don't deserve such a good friend....see you soon.

14 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

GAW_AW_JUSSSS!!!!
Hello Maria...you sure got blessed with a sweet mama!

Honey bun, sending love, hugs, and always prayers...xxxx

Nancy J said...

And for you this is such a wonderful present, you can pick it up, take it wherever, and whenever, don't need a super heavy table, and what a wonderful surprise, you so have earned something special.Hope you get some time to yourself at home, catch up with others at the funeral, and resume again a little better for having some TLC for yourself. Big hugs, Jean.

Wendy B said...

oh Ally-honey, you DO deserve such a good friend, because you are one yourself!!! I can just imagine how close you and Maria are going to become! Woohooooo!......So glad to hear your Mum and Aunt are doing well but on the flipside, sad news about your father in law. I pray there's only good news on the horizon for you all from now on...you've had your share of bad! xoxoxo big sugary hugs :o)

Karen said...

Lucky, lucky you! I know you will enjoy playing with Maria.

Terry said...

Congratulations on your new friend! I'm sure you two will spend lots of quality time together! :0)

Mickie said...

Yes you do, Allie, you are wonderful and deserve so much more!! Maria is a great addition to your family! She looks GORGEOUS! You needed a pick-me-up after this crazy summer and I'm so glad your friend gave it to you. HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS!! Enjoy Maria, GO SEW!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Quilting friends are the best! You deserve it. Enjoy!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow! What an amazing surprise!! You will love her. I am planning on taking my little Featherweight in my trailer whenever we travel. It's the perfect size. So sorry to hear about your hubbys Dad.

Stay safe.

sunny said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You totally deserve Maria, and I hope you soon become fast friends. Cathy must be an awesome friend. So sorry for your loss, but glad to hear Mum is doing well.

desertskyquilts said...

What a great friend Cathy is - I think she's missed you! You will love attaching binding with a FW - so good at that job! I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Please convey my condolences to your husband. Glad your mom and aunt are improving, though.

Mary-Kay Colman said...

What a wonderful gift! And what a great friend! I think my friends and I are going to go to both shows on Sat. starting with The Quilters Showcase. I'll find out more later on next week and let you know when I'll be there. I would so like to see you again. I hope all goes well with your family. So sorry to hear your hubby's dad.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, my goodness! what a very thoughtful and generous gift. Maria sure is pretty.
So sorry about your father in law.

Karen Schurr said...

Such a sweet friend. Sorry for your loss, but happy you got a chance to be home for a while. Hugs.

webbsway said...

What a Lovely gift. I have only heard about them here in USA - so when I saw your picture I know my mouth dropped open. lol Hope you get Lots of fun with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...