Monday, August 4, 2014

Silly Then Serious

First the silly.  Well, not really silly - just fun.  I'm still at my aunt's, although tonight I'm sleeping in my own bed.  More on that in a minute.

Since I've been unable to go anywhere this summer, I've been shopping.  I found the sweetest little local store in Lake Orion, MI, called Vignettes - I really need to go back there with my camera.  I found the cutest wall hooks, they're cast iron and they suit me perfectly...

DSC02786    2

Aren't they gorgeous?  Her shop is very shabby chic, with lots of hand-crafted goodies, painted furniture, and now clothing....can't wait to take my aunt there.

Then a new local quilt shop opened.  OH MY.  You know I had to go there, right?

DSC02792     2

I had some help taking photos and opening the bag.

DSC02804    2
DSC02802    2

I got the loveliest fat quarter bundle of London prints.  I have an idea for a small wall quilt with these.

DSC02794    2
DSC02795    2

And a fat quarter for a far-away friend [far in distance, not in heart].

DSC02799    2

Some for keeping, some for sharing [someone just had a birthday I missed...]

DSC02800    2
DSC02803    2
DSC02807    2

Think that gives me something to look forward to?  Me too.

And now for something serious.

Mum is having trouble.  You might know she has diabetes - and when a diabetic gets an injury to their feet, it can get serious in a flash.  Mum cut her big toe on something, and the wound is getting bad.  We find out Tuesday if it's gone into the bone.

2014-08-03 18.48.16    2

We took her shopping today, great fun watching her maneuver a scooter for the first time.

2014-08-03 18.49.10    2

She was FAST on that thing.

She's in a lot of pain.  She may lose the toe, or even the foot.  I haven't made our reservations yet for our beach trip, and probably won't until we know what's going to happen.  If you're a praying person, we would really appreciate your prayers.  She's not sleeping due to the pain.  And to add insult to injury, she has to go to the dentist tomorrow.  She's getting it from both ends.....

2014-08-03 18.49.17    2

But she can still smile for you, my blog friends.

I've not answered any emails lately, or been to blogs, I'm trying to take care of both mum and my aunt, in addition to working.  No rest for the wicked, right?  *G*

I'll see you soon, I must go pet my kitty [and my new fabric!!!!] before bed!  Bed in my own room [have to take mum to her appointment tomorrow], I can hardly believe it!



19 comments:

Nancy J said...

Oh Allie, one more for your dear Mum to grapple with, and you too, hugs and prayers for you all, And that fabric, to dream about. I scrolled down to your other post about the bags at Cyndi's but wasn't able to access her blog? Where do I go to ask? Take care, let some sleep prepare you for the next few tomorrows. Hugs,Jean.

Terry said...

So sorry about your mum...hope all goes well with the dentist and the doctor. She actually looks a bit dangerous on that scooter! LOL

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Sending your sweet mum the biggest ever hug, and tell her I am praying, praying!
Oh my goodness, Allie-girl, I haver serious fabric envy...serious. ;-)
Love Jen. xx

Wendy B said...

oh hunny, I love little boutique shops like that too.....how cool is that mermaid? and the quilt shop??? I'd be in heaven!!! some gorgeous fatty's I'd be stroking them too...elephants??? I wonder where that one's going to???
Praying for your mum......she looks good on that wheelie thing....keep you on your toes!!!!....
love n hugs sweety xoxoxoxoxox
thinking of you often
Wendy :o)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sweet hugs and prayers for you and your Mom!

Sandra :) said...

Gorgeous fabrics - just yummy! You've had so much on your plate the last few months - I hope the news tomorrow is good - please keep us posted, and give her hugs from Dennis and I!

Melody said...

I am so sorry to hear you mum is sick. Your fabric choices are delightful

Fiona said...

such pretty fabrics... hope you find some sewing time soon... sorry your (and my surrogate) mum is not feeling good... please give her a loving hug from me...
Hugz

WoolenSails said...

Shopping is always good therapy and I have hooks similar to that and a mermaid soap dish since I have a vintage mermaid theme in my bathroom. You mom will be in my prayers, not a fun thing to have to go through.

Debbie

sunny said...

So sorry to hear about your mum. Diabetes is not a nice thing. My bil has had a couple of toes amputated, and I know it's not easy. You and she will certainly be in my prayers. At least you have all that nice fabric to pet! And I'm proud of you for doing your part to keep the new shop in business.

Debra Graham said...

So sorry your Mom is having trouble with foot. Diabetes is such an awful disease.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Allie, so nice to hear from you. Sorry about your Mom though. Glad you are able to get out and see that new shop. Love those fabrics, especially that elephant fabric. A fellow quilter here used that same fabric on a bag! Love it. Hope all gets better for you and things settle down. Keep your chin up!

Wendy said...

Oh Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope it hasn't gone too far and that she'll be well again soon. You should be getting an honorary nurses degree xx

donna said...

Oh your poor mom. I hope everything works out and she does not loose her toe or foot. I remember my grandfather loosing some toes. Y'all will be in my prayers my dear.
On the up side it looks like you had yummy fun at the quilt shop.
Hugs
donna

desertskyquilts said...

I hope the news on Tuesday was on the good side. You are being run ragged, so I am glad you had the trip to the new quilt shop. The fabrics look yummy and tempting!

Karen said...

The elephant fabric is so very sweet and cute. Nice addition for stash.

Shasta Matova said...

Lovely fabric - I especially like the elephant one and the red one. I am praying for the best for your Mom's health - for her foot and for her tooth.

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry your mother is in pain. Though I'm late reading this I'm sending my prayers for her too.

Dear Lord, Take care of Allie's Mother. Remove her pain and give her renewed health and joy. In Jesus' name, Amen

Carrie P. said...

I pray all goes well with your mom is she has to have surgery.
I took a photo of my mom in one of the carts when I saw her in May. Very reminiscent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...