Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Checking In

Not much blog-worthy going on in Allie-land lately, but you knew that, right?  I miss miss miss my blog, and I miss you too.

My auntie is doing well, apparently hips take a very long time to heal - and she's still using a wheelchair mostly.  She's still having quite a bit of pain.  So please pray for her, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

DSC02750    2

Snickers has discovered she can see through her new favorite table in the family room.  It has a glass top.  It's been fun watching her try to dive through it.

DSC02756    2

She's queen, you know.

DSC02774    2

We've been having a little excitement here.  A couple of weeks ago, Jane found a tree frog in the living room, and managed to get it outside.  The other night, Snickers was going crazy in the family room, staring at the fireplace brick, and I saw a tree frog on the brick!  It ended up on the mantle, frustrating Snickers no end.  Jane was soundly sleeping [after a major pain pill] and I could NOT bring myself to get close enough to capture the critter.

Then I remembered Sam was working that night, so I called him to come over after work.  And sent him this picture.

DSC02778    2

He laughed, of course, I know it's not a great pic but I wasn't about to get close.  He came, captured it, and it only got away 3 times - the 3rd time it landed on his neck where it promptly pooped!   Even with that, he now wants a pet frog.  Um, no.

Since it's summer, and there are flowers everywhere, I wanted to show you a picture of my grandmother's roses.  These roses have been growing in my aunt's yard for 40 years.  She's going to take cuttings for me.

DSC02761    2

Aren't those gorgeous?  I still miss my grandmum.

That's about all - I had Sam bring me my sketchbook the other day, I'm itching to be designing again.  I miss sewing so much!  I just got Jenny's newest pattern, Under the Apple Tree, have you seen it?  So darling and I'm dying to start.


She's having a give-away to celebrate, go enter!

One last thing - I'm planning a little vacation for mum and me - up in the Oscoda area.  If anyone knows of any beach rentals, cottages or motels, MUST be on the beach, please let me know!  See you soon, my precious friends...

19 comments:

KaHolly said...

Frogs don't bite! Hang in there!

Cathy said...

Great post~ Scary about a frog landing on his neck~ Yuck! LOL
Hope you get to the beach! hugs~

Terry said...

Cute little frog! I miss my sewing too. :0(

Dolores said...

Oh Allie. Poor little tree frog. You had me smiling 'cause it's something I would do.
Have fun at the beach with your mom and don't forget the sunscreen.

sunny said...

It's so good to see you! Snickers looks like a lovely cat, and is perfectly named. Your flower picture is beautiful. And yes, I've been contemplating Jenny's new pattern. Perhaps you should have a tree in the house, for the tree frog!!

WoolenSails said...

That is funny, but I would wash my hands really really well after touching one;) Glad your Aunt is doing better. I hurt mine years ago and it still bothers me but swimming is a great exercise for the hips to strengthen it without hurting it.

Debbie

Karen Schurr said...

So good to see you again, Allie. Fun story about the tree frog. We've had similar sitings in the past...makes you wonder how those things get inside. Those roses are simply beautiful. Are they referred to as a cabbage rose? Just trying to remember. Take care, Dear. You and your aunt have my prayers.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Hail Sam the hero! Aw, Allie-girl, let him gave a frog...so cute. ;-)
Yay, you have your sketch pad! \o/ I know there's some sweet things about to be created. x
Missed you too.
Hugs,
Jen

desertskyquilts said...

I'm glad she's healing! I remember it taking my grandmother a long time to heal from hers, and the doctors saying how amazingly fast it was healing. What? Disconnect somewhere. LOL Love the roses, so pretty. The tree frog story made me smile.

Fiona said...

haha...I had to laugh about the frog (sorry)... Hubz is like you with frogs and me with spiders! so you can call me anytime to rescue you from the frogs!!! those roses are very lovely... I love the bunched up ones like that....
Hugz

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Glad she's doing better. Great Snicker photos. The frog made me laugh. About 40 years ago when my son was 4, we were invaded by bull frogs. My Dad took my son up and down the street picking up toads and putting them in a paper bag until it was full.....I know that's a lot of toads. No, I didn't kiss any. It was a catch and release adventure.

~Laurie~ said...

Good to see you again :)

Mickie said...

Sending lots of prayers for you and your auntie!!! Hope she feels better soon! Grandma's roses are fantastic!!! We miss you so much and yes, you need to keep designing!!! Your kitty is adorable, hilarous with the glass top table :D
Hugs and hugs dear friend, thank you for your kindness when Teddy passed.
Love ya, Mickie

Linda in Calif. said...

It's just so good to hear from you. I don't know if I should tell you but we usually take a couple frogs out of our pool each day - bad days are 30 frogs. I've had to make myself touch them (catch them) and it's really not bad. They are sort of cute. LOL Poor Auntie - will say a prayer for her.

Carrie P. said...

Praying for your aunt.
I love frogs.
those roses are gorgeous. They almost look like peonies.

Cathy Buel said...

I hope your Aunt continues to make good progress. Love the frog..not sure I would want one as a pet. I just got the pattern for Under the Apple Tree. Love it. Came home from vacation on Friday. Saw a car on I75 that looked like what you are driving...was it you. Hugs

Shasta Matova said...

You're so sweet for taking care of your aunt. I don't know what I'd do if i found a frog in the house! I'd have to call somebody for sure.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great post. So nice to hear from you and about all you are doing. Love the frog story! Love that little applique too. Hope you are having a great summer!

Val said...

So glad to hear an update from you. Praying for your aunt. Love your Grandmothers flowers. They are gorgeous! Hurry back. You were my inspiration you know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...