Sunday, June 8, 2014

Life.....

is what happens when you're making other plans.  And my life has taken a slight turn this spring that I wasn't expecting.  3 weeks ago, my aunt fell and broke her hip - so I'm staying at her house, helping her out.  The day after she fell, and was in hospital, my mom fell at my aunt's house.  Fortunately, mum bounces like a rubber ball, and only bruised some ribs.  This past week, I fell at my aunt's house.  I seem to take after mum, only bruised my sternum and severely wounded my pride.

While I miss my sewing, I am enjoying being at my aunt's house.  This is her kitty Snickers, who was really missing her mum and wanted to go visit -

2014-05-25 20.27.05    2

I did go home last week, and Hermione ignored me for awhile before she consented to let me pet her.  She's not happy with me at ALL.

2014-06-03 17.57.27    2

Mostly because my boys don't feed her enough treats, I think.

We're getting on quite well, my aunt is in a wheelchair for a bit, she can't bear any weight on that leg.  Three more weeks of that.  A bonus of me being here is that she lives only 5 minutes from where I work - and I'm driving her gorgeous car, lol.  She may not find it too easy to get rid of me.   Oh and a new quilt shop just opened, right down the road.....Kindred Spirits in Oxford, MI....must go visit.

 I brought my Daisy Days stitcheries with me, and you really need to go visit Jenny if you haven't lately - she has a gorgeous new stitch-a-long!!!  I do miss my sewing machine [and cutting table, and sketchbook and pencils and....] but I'm really too busy to do much.

DSC02396    2
a local resident

So I guess this blog will go into sleep mode for awhile, even more than it has been.  Hopefully I'll be back in about 4 weeks, refreshed and ready to stitch my little fingers off - I have to many projects I want to do!!!

DSC02381    2
the view from the garage


23 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your aunt's home is a beautiful place to stay, though not for a good reason, this time;) I guess since all three of you fell, no more incidents should happen, lol.

Debbie

Tanya said...

Hope you all recover quickly. Maybe tack down the carpet or whatever you tripped over. Love the little local rodent there!

Heather x said...

We miss you too my friend! What a stunning view from the garage, I could sit for hours and take in that view :) grab yourself a cheap notebook and sketch that scenery...it will give you inspiration at a later date :)
Ouch you and your mum definately make a pair! Hope you both feel less sore soon xxx
Take care my friend and "see" you soon x
Heather xxx

Fiona said...

They say things come in threes so hopefully you are all finished with falling over!!!! Take care ... And lovely photos ...xx
Hugz

Karen said...

I am thinking there must be something that needs fixing at your aunt's home with three of you falling there is such a short period of time. Who sees to your aunt while you work? It is good that you can help out as much as you are.

sunny said...

My goodness, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. And your mum. And you. What is going on in that house? Is there an unfriendly ghost? How nice that you're able to care for your aunt in such beautiful surroundings. Stitch when you can, and take good care of Snickers, too!

Marilyn said...

Oh dear! So pleased your Mum and you bounced without too much damage, and hope your aunt mends well from her fall. Beautiful photos.
Take care. Hugs xx

Dolores said...

Good to hear you and your mom are fine. I do hope your aunt recovers quickly so you can get back to your sewing machine, cutting table, fabrics, etc. Give us the low down on the new quilt shop when you have the time (don't forget the camera.)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Allie....sending hugs, hope you all recover soon...lovely photos...

West Michigan Quilter said...

So sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope all is well soon. Sounds like you are handling things well. Enjoyed your photos. Hang in there!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Enjoy and take care of yourself! See you when you get back!!

Cathy said...

I hope your Aunt heals quickly and that Mom is doing okay. Hugs, Cathy

Liz said...

Hermione was our second choice for our new kitty. In the end the kids settled on Minerva. Well, actually her full name is Professor Minerva McGonagall!

Mary-Kay Colman said...

things do happen in threes, so I've heard. I hope all goes well. It seems we are in the same boat, different circumstances. I'm in Barrie ON helping my ex-SIL cope with some issues. I'll probably be here until mid July. I miss all my sewing stuff at home. So much for retirement. But when I get home, my brother, whose been at my house since mid Feb. will be gone and it will be just like being on a vacation. Can't wait to be back to normal and being retired. Enjoy that view!

Wish You Were Here said...

Allie Oops is right! Thank goodness you weren't hurt. Since your Mom and your Aunt also fell, it sounds like a dangerous place to be! Take care! Hugs, Janice

clare's craftroom said...

Wow what a run of falls ! All the best to your Aunt I hope she mends well x

B J Elder said...

My goodness - so many falls! Glad you and your mom are only bruised and what a blessing you are to your aunt! Hope you get time to check out that new quilt shop, too.

Karen Schurr said...

great pictures Allie. love that you're taking good care of Snickers as well as your aunt. looks like she lives in a lovely place.

Cathy said...

Love the daily stitchery!!!
So glad your mom and you are okay from your falls! Take care!!! hugs~

Sandra :) said...

Is it crazy that I love the kitty pictures the best? LOL! Hi Hermione, you gorgeous girl - haven't seen you here in a while! Snickers is a lovely girl too - please give both of them kitty kisses from me - all my neighbours have dogs so I'm getting my fill of puppers, but I miss kitty lovin.

How's your aunt doing, and how are you and your mom?! Sheesh what's in the water there that you're all going a$$ over teacup, lol! Take it easy and quit the wrestling matches! ;)

KaHolly said...

Hope everyone is healing nicely. Bet you're getting lots of stitchng accomplished!!

Carrie P. said...

glad to hear you didn't get hurt badly. Hopefully life will get back to normal for you soon.

Linda in Calif. said...

I've been thinking about you wondering how you are doing - I took a sewing break and blogging break. So sorry to hear about your aunt and so thankful you and your mum are made of rubber. Give Auntie my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...