Friday, March 21, 2014

Who Has More Fun?

Sitting here on a late Friday night, listening to the rain and sleet hitting my window, waiting for my youngest cub to return home to the den....pencil [and eraser] in hand, eating chocolate, drinking tea.....you can keep all the parties in the world, all the expensive vacations, THIS is what I long for.  This is Bliss.

20140322_012021    2

There really is no place like home.

I wanted to share with you what my friend Shirley has been working on.  She's been very creative lately.  Apparently all it takes to get her going is for a grandchild to announce they're going to have a baby.  She's in charge of decorating the nursery, and it's all Snoopy!  She got a coloring book and started making.....

20140313_193039    2

Those are all individual pieces, they're quilted and bound with a zig-zag edge.  I'm not sure how they're going to hang them on the wall, but aren't they cute?

20140313_193057    2

This is the big one....

20140313_193104    2

Some people are just too clever.

I'm back on 40 hours at work, but it's all in four days a week.  I've been so tired lately, I didn't even turn my computer on from Sunday to Friday!  I'm going to try to catch up with you this weekend.  Think I can do it?  *G*  As I'm driving for work, I think about my "other" life, my cyber-life, filled with warmth and friends and bursting with creativity - how I miss it.  And you.  Be blessed, my friends....

18 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Miss you too gorgeous friend. {{{{hugs}}}}
How sweet is Shirley's Snoopy appliqué!?
Love ya heaps,
Jenny
xxx

Heather Bradley said...

Wow! Your friend is very creative I love snoopy...used to collect snoopy when I was young.
I miss your creativity too my friend :)
Hugs Heather x

Anne Williams said...

Hi, Allie~

That Snoopy applique is SO cute. I'm dying to know if she colored the designs on fabric or is it all tiny little applique?

For some extra Snoopy decor, your friend might like these paper pieced blocks from a blog I follow. It is at: http://tweloquilting.blogspot.com/2013/10/bloggers-quilt-festival-peanuts-snoopy.html

Anne (formerly of "film and thread")

Cathy said...

Your friend is doing a wonderful job with the Snoopy items. Get plenty of rest so you can make that beautiful embroidery. Hugs

KaHolly said...

40 hours in 4 days is so, so draining. Hope it doesn't last long! Love the Snoopies!! Have a relaxing weekend.

sunny said...

Snoopy is a great theme! Sure miss seeing you around. 10-hour days are too long!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the Snoopy quilt. I too love just being at home.

Fiona said...

no wonder you are enjoying some quiet moements with your busy work! well done...
love the snoopy pictures.. so clever...
Hugz

Cathy said...

Hi Allie~ First, I'm so sorry you are so tired! You are so right, there is no place like home~ I love being home and just messing around with my things I love...books, computer, sewing, etc.
That is a very nice Snoopy quilt~ She is very creative!
Hugs~

carla said...

HI!!!! So nice of you to share your friends creation with us!!!! I love Snoopy and Charlie Brown!!!! Lucky baby!!!! I followed over from Sewjo!!! Thanks for the fun visit!!!

Sandra :) said...

HHmmmmmmmmm sign me up for 50% at home sewing in my sewing cave/dungeon/getaway,and 50% parties and (in)expensive vacations - I'm happy with any and all! ;)

Snoopy is such a great theme for a baby's room -- now I have The Red Baron song playing over and over in my head, lol! (OK I couldn't resist - I youtubed it and now I have it playing in the background, haha) :)

Wendy B said...

They ARE gorgeous Allie-girl!!! Funny yes......inspiration hits hard doesn't it??? Been missing you too!!! Make sure you enjoy your Bliss!!!! xox sugary sweet hugs :o)

Mickie said...

Sorry you are working so many hours :( We miss you! We are having a long winter here too (more snow expected next Tuesday). Hope you get rested up and rejuvinated! Yeh chocolate :)
Hugs, mickie

desertskyquilts said...

What a very creative friend. I hope you get a chance to photograph the nursery when it's finished. =) Your Friday night at home sounded lovely to me. When I was much younger, I might have enjoyed going out on a Friday night to a friend's house, but now on a cold sleety night - no thanks, I'll stay home. I might have then, too. Hard to say, since I lived in southern CA and southern AZ, where sleety nights are uncommon. =)

Carrie P. said...

now that looks like a nice way to spend some free time. hugs!

Verna G said...

Really like your idea with french knots! Mine always tend to come off the needle. I will try this.

Val said...

I miss you the mostest!!!!

soggybottomflats said...

I miss you my bloggy friend! Im returning after a huge amount of time being lazy. Im so excited to see you. Take it easy, hugs to you, Elaine from soggybottomflats.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...