Sunday, February 2, 2014

Something New

February - where did last month go?  It was a blur for me, of putting on and taking off layer after layer of clothing, rushing in and out of the house, waiting for the car to get warm....we've officially had the snowiest winter ever, although I seem to remember more snow when I was a kid.  Maybe it looked like more since I was so much shorter.

DSC02170    2

Not a lot out there for this little guy to eat.  My brother has a few squirrels that he feeds every day, they're waiting for him when he gets home from work.  Sometimes they knock at the door and scare my mother.  She says hi, by the way, and hopes you all are behaving yourselves.

20131220_164406  2

So I'm sitting here watching the most boring Superbowl in history, including the ads, although there are a few stars.  I'm playing with some new designs.  For some strange reason I've got six [SIX] days off in a row from work, I can hardly believe it!   Here's a peek of what I'm playing with -

DSC02172    2
I've got them traced on fabric, and am about to start pulling floss colors, how fun is that?  I can't tell you how much I've missed creating.

I'm not going to promise that I'll be around to all your blogs this week.  I have over 1500 posts in my reader.  I finally figured out how to read them on my phone, and the ones I can't comment on with my computer I can with my phone....so I'll get around, but probably not through ALL the posts.  I hope you all have a wonderful week, stitched together with love.  I've missed you, my friends...

17 comments:

sunny said...

Nice to see you! You're right about this Superbowl. I was hoping for an exciting game. Yawn....... Stay warm!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

There you are....grin. Love the designs. I heard the game. A neighbor came over for supper and watched the game with Mick. They both fell asleep.

WoolenSails said...

It is good to see you posting again and i can't wait to see how your new designs work up.

Debbie

Terry said...

Your designs look so cute! I was so disappointed in both the football game and the commercials last night. At least it's over now! LOL

Cathy said...

So good to hear from you. You know I remember having more snow when I was a kid too. But this has been one of the coldest I remember in a while. Love to see you are working on new projects. Hugs

Dolores said...

I don't watch sports but the game was on here for those guys who watched it. I love Bruno Mars though. Have fun with all those days off.

Mary-Kay Colman said...

I'm glad to see you back. Enjoy your days off. And it's good to see your mom is well too! I can't wait to see what you are creating.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love your new designs. I bet it was fun picking out the floss. There are so many great colors for Spring to choose from.

I was sooo behind on my blog reading too. Just when I get all caught up everyone goes ahead and posts again and then I'm behind again. Never ending circle.

desertskyquilts said...

You can delete all mine. I'll make more. =) I'm so happy you are creating new designs. How much fun can one person have? =) Hi, to your mom, back. She looks cheerful!

B J Elder said...

Living in the Northwest, in SEAHAWK country, the game was not boring to us. LOL I was very surprised how one-sided the score was, but was thrilled for Seattle to finally work their way to the top.
Looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Sandra :) said...

Nice to hear from you - tell your mom we'll behave if SHE behaves, LOL! ;)

6 days off - I hope you're making the most of it! Will we see a completed project in a few days, hmmmmmmmmmm?

Heather Bradley said...

Hi my friend :)
Great to hear from you hunny and great to see you have finally got a little sewing time....i sure have missed reading your posts :)
Take care hunny...hugs Heather x

Sharon said...

Here in the NW we thought it was a pretty good game! Guess it depends on your point of view, huh? hee hee!

I found the squirrel IN my bird feeder the other morning. He had a quite a jump to get there, whether from the ground or the fence. He's never made it before! I figure he's got to be pretty hungry.

Your mom looks as feisty as ever!

Yay! for time off from work, and time to stitch. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Brenda said...

Looks like you have been busy with designing! Hope to see more of you. Sorry have not caught up with the BOM that I was doing last year so I can pass the pattern on to you yet. I really had good intentions but there were some family problems with one of my daughters and I was not getting things done. And now I am trying to finish some things off before Shannon's baby come in March. Stay warm!

Carrie P. said...

Ooo! I can't wait to see your designs stitched up.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I don't know how I missed this post. Love the picture of your Mom. Didn't watch the game so can't comment on that. You needlework designs look lovely. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Shari said...

Hi Mom!
Love your window sill stitcheries. Bringing a little warm weather fun in to your dark days. I wonder what a winter window sill would have on the inside.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...