Thursday, February 6, 2014

Almost Over

My six days off will come to a halt tomorrow.  Not as much accomplished as I'd like, but at least I've had fun stitching my new design.

I've another new one that I was working on as well, it's applique, and after I traced the pieces onto fusible web I went looking in my stash for a suitable fabric.  Imagine, I couldn't find a thing!  But I did find this, a finished quilt top I never showed you....

DSC02182    2

This is my Sand Pails quilt, from a free pattern by Gwen Marston.  I used all beachy fabrics, and Carrie from A Passion For Applique sent me the vintage rick-rack for the handles, thank you Carrie!!  I absolutely love this quilt, and finally have the batting I need to quilt it.  Just need to find a vintage sheet for the backing now.

DSC02184    2
My favorite block, from an outfit my oldest son wore as a toddler.

I did get to Joann's this week to get some fabric for my new applique pattern.  It's in the wash now, I hope it works, I MIGHT have to go back....*G*

DSC02188    2

And I got two of these while I was there....

20140204_213033

Sorry it's blurry, I was taking a quick pic with my phone to show my sewing buddy what I got her, lol.  Cute, huh?

I'm off now to read some blogs, and then do some more stitching before I have to work tomorrow.  I doubt I'll get another chance before Sunday.  I have to show you this though - my son John likes to lay in bed at night and watch Netflix on his phone, but he gets tired of holding it.  I don't think necessity is the mother of invention - I think laziness is.  He has a bunk bed and came up with this "fix"....

DSC02180     2

Hope it doesn't fall on his nose and break it.

See ya soon!

25 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great bucket quilt. Let me know if he ended up bruised....gin....pretty inventive.

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun quilt and fun idea for fun fabrics. Your son is funny, kids seem to have a phone attached to them.

Debbie

Val Spiers said...

I love the beach bucket quilt. Wonderful way to showcase some fabrics. I think the phone fix is a great idea.

desertskyquilts said...

His nose or the phone? =) That is pretty clever, though I don't know how they can watch things on those tiny screens. Even on the laptop, I think it's a little small. I LOVE your buckets quilt. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was beach buckets. I really want to see how you quilt it.

Fiona said...

you must have had fun having some play time... I do love your quilt of buckets... and had a good laugh at your sons movie theatre!! classic
Hugz

Nancy J said...

Love the quilt, and what a great idea, must tell my grandson, what would be worse, broken nose or phone, or more expensive? Cheers from Jean.

Wendy said...

that's such a fun quilt! you did some good shopping there in Joann, well done!

Terry said...

I love your sand pails! And you have one smart son there! LOL

VivJM said...

Ooh, love your bucket quilt!

Heather Bradley said...

What a stunning quilt hunny, love your colouring :) oh new fabric to play with..cant wait to see your next project.
Liamm (no 3 son) loves your sons idea for his phone but now wishes he kept his bunk instead of swapping for a double bed lol.

Karen said...

I like the bucket with the sail boat fabric.
Sorry your time off is about over. No fun going back to work.

Carrie P. said...

LOL! that is so funny about your son. I think it is pretty smart.
I just love that pail quilt. I remember seeing you work on it. That is so sweet to use that fabric from your son's outfit. Glad you could use the rick rack. It makes great handles.
Be safe on the roads.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Ha Ha! That John is so creative. Love your sand pail quilt. So cute. I bet those vintage rick rack handles are darling too. Hope you are enjoying this weather!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The buckets are darling!!!

Cathy said...

I love the sand bucket quilt. Too cute. Your son is pretty inventive. I'm surprised he let you take a picture...lol Hugs

Shari said...

Love your sand pails quilt. Very fun. And I'll have to show the photo of your son in bed to my daughter (that sounds awful!) but too funny.

Soggibottom said...

Well now, haven't been here for ages :-) So good to see you haven't been lazin around at home Allie :-) Beautiful quilt, I'll send you some sand with a real beach bucket, if we can sneak it through customs I can send you some more :-)

Take care John, mum is sneakin around with her camera. :-) x x x

sunny said...

I love you sweet little sand pails. I wish I could be on a beach right now with them all spread out around me....

Karen Schurr said...

Very cute quilt. Nice to think of a summer of sand pails in the midst of all this horrible winter weather. :)

Mickie said...

Okay your son's solution cracks me UP!!! That is hilarious! :) I love LOVE the bucket quilt and am so glad you are getting back to sewing. I know you have been so busy. Can't wait to see what else you do! It's so cold here, that bucket quilt seems like winter therapy to me! Hugs, Mickie

Sandra :) said...

I bought the same bag @ Joanns - I do love the retro look :D I'm happy to see Pails make an appearance - we definitely need a bit of SPRING around here! Pretty fabrics - boy it would be SAD if you had to go back to Joanns -- my heart would ache for you ... NOT!! I'd be cheering you on --- GO ALLIE GO! ;)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I always say laziness is the mother of invention lol. Looks like something my kids would do.

Your beach pails are cute.

Cathy said...

Hi Allie! I think that sand pail top is one of my very favorites! Great job! LOL Your son is too funny!!! I have that JoAnn's bag too~ hugs~

Fleurette said...

Your sand pails are lovely!

Liz said...

Love the pails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...