Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Silence Is Deafening

Kinda quiet around Allie-land, eh?  On the blog at least.  I'll have you know I worked every. single. day. last week.  Loving it - still love my job, and I am very grateful for more hours!  Cuz we all know what that means, more money to BUY FABRIC.

My friend Cathy and I went to the Sewing Expo Saturday.  Even smaller than last year...we were pretty disappointed.  Apparently there was a Quilter's Showcase in Birch Run [about an hour north] as well, and we're thinking of going to that next year.  I did get my thimbles that I like to use, and that's about it.

And I wanted to show you what else I got last week - I ordered a saddle cross from my friend Kysa.  I met Kysa on a homeschooling message board, and got to meet her in real life - she's a lovely Christian woman and very dear to my heart.  Kysa LOVES horses, lives on a farm and makes tooled leather crosses for saddles - now I don't have a saddle, but I do have a work tote that I carry constantly.  I wanted one for my work tote, and look what she made for me...

saddle cross
DSC00075    2

Isn't that GORGEOUS?  Don't I just have the most talented friends?????  Kysa has a shop, Too'Shay Tack, the crosses are just $10 if you'd like one too!

Let's see, what else - mum is really missing me [her chauffeur], and I miss her too....I'll have Tuesday off this week so we'll get to play. Not sure what we'll have time for after the grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions and library, but we'll try to fit in something fun.

 Jenny is getting ready to release the Christmas Issue of her magazine, it is Chock Full of scrumptious projects, go see!  Have you all started making things for Christmas?  I've decided NOT to make anything this year.  Everyone is getting Avon, lol.  I've already started tucking things away.  I'll make something for myself, though, since I know I'll love it and appreciate all my hard work.  I'm thinking I would love to find that needlebook in Jenny's Christmas Issue in my own stocking....yes, I still fill my stocking.

I'll be working a lot more hours again this week, so you might not see me for awhile.  About all I have time for lately is reading blogs, not commenting or doing my own blog, and even that not every day.  Today was the first time I stitched in over a week and it was oh so nice.  I don't have much to blog about, so I'll just go read yours, ok?

I'll leave you with a pic of John's pumpkin - it's supposed to be Batman with his cape.  *wink*

john pumpkin 2

Love,
Allie

17 comments:

AllyJo Woodruff said...

The cross is very nice. I miss you friend. We gotta get together for cyber coffee.

Brenda said...

I do see Batman...We have about a dozen pumpkins in the garden that need to be delivered to the grands soon. LOVE the cross, I am going to check out her site. Have a great week!

Sandra :) said...

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun --- BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) That's the theme from the 60's Batman, anyways, and whenever my kids see a clip from that show, they laugh their heads off - not realizing that for ME, that show was big-time exciting! BAM! POW! LOL!! I love you, Adam West and Burt Ward!

Lovely saddle cross, and I'm happy that you're getting lots of hours so you'll get good paycheques - life is definitely less stressed when we can count on regular $$. I'm glad you finally got to get some stitching done. It's pouring rain out right now, but it'll be a good day for me - I'm binding a quilt (Christmas gift) - a finish like that always makes me VERY happy, lol!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I saw the batman right away, very cool. It's not how often that you post, it is that you stay true to yourself and your time schedule :) or so that's what I tell myself!

Smiles,
Kelly

Dolores said...

Yes, it is a very nice cross. So, what are you making for yourself for Christmas?

Marilyn said...

your cross is gorgeous, what a talented friend. I like the Batman with his cape too. So pleased your work is going well, though I miss keeping up with your happenings on your blog.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Yes, that cross is beautiful! So nice to hear from you and keep up with what you are doing. Love that pumpkin!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great cross! I think it looks like batman. Fun pumpkin.

B J Elder said...

The cross is wonderful! I know it looks great on your tote.
Pumpkin carving has sure come a long way from when I was a kid! And, yes, I thought it was Batman before I read that is was. :-)

VivJM said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your job. That cross is amazing!

Quiltluver said...

The Birch Run quilt show as definitely worth the trip. They did a great job, especially considering this was their first year. Lots of good vendors and high quality quilts. You'll want to go next year!

Wendy said...

that pumpkin is ace! I saw batman immediately.

Glad to hear the job is going well, hope you don't stay away from blogland for too long.

Jan said...

Miss you, but understand about the time issue---you have to do some things that YOU want to do, too. The cross is lovely. Batman!!!!! He showed up right away to me! Will be glad to hear from you when you can!

Ivory Spring said...

Allie,

Just now caught up with your blog! Good to know that life is treating you well. And I love your Summer Concert quilt.

Michal Woodruff said...

Allie where are you? Come enter my giveaway. Its fabric. Yummy. !!! Guess what blanket I'm under at this very minute??

Allie said...

testing

KaHolly said...

Glad you still love your job and have been getting in lots of hours. The cross is quite charming and will be a great addition to your tote. Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...