Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Shameless Plug

Many many moons ago, back when I was a skinny beanpole and could turn sideways and disappear, back when my nickname was "Allison Wonderland", "Four Eyes", and others too embarrassing to mention, I met a friend.  A charming, happy, always smiling friend, who was there through every crisis, always had something good and important to say, and didn't care if I soaked the shoulder of her shirt with my tears.  High school came, she was there for the death of my father, and then we lost touch....caught up in moving on and growing up, we somehow lost each other.

Fast forward 36 years.  Somehow I found her on classmates, we emailed, she came up from Florida and I did a post about her mum's quilts [MASSIVE talent].  It turns out, her mum wasn't the only one with talent.  Patty, my sweet Patty whom I love like a sister, has opened an etsy shop called Seams From Dreams and it's filled with absolutely gorgeous wedding things.



  I think Patty needs a blog now!  Her sister has one, here, she's an outstanding bear artist - the talent in this family is amazing.   Booh Bears is here.

So if you need some gorgeous wedding accessories, or just want some lovely eye candy, go and visit!

I love plugging my sweet friends.  Jenny plugged me today, bless her, isn't she the sweetest to do that?  And I can't even leave a comment on her blog to thank her [but we email quite often, lol] because of stupid google.  Hers is one of the blogs that won't recognize me, even though I have a google blog myself.  Ah internet, I love you but you maken me crazy.

My sweet friend Sue, who is a blogger here in MI, mentioned on her latest post that her apple trees are quite heavily laden with apples this year - and ours are too!  I don't know what happened, but we have branches dragging to the ground with apples.  Hubby has been making apple strudel and applesauce.  It's AMAZING to see.  The tree, not him cooking...he does that often.  It would be much more amazing to see ME cooking.

DSC00069    2

A tiny glimpse of the bountiful harvest.

Speaking of sweet friends, I would like to ask you all to pray for my best friend...she lost her mum this week, very unexpectedly.  My heart is breaking for her and I feel so helpless.  Thanks, my friends....

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Allie



13 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I hope that one day I'll have a DIL that will think of my husband and I as per that first photo - that one made me sniff (longingly ... for a DIL and GRANDBABIES, lol) :) I think I'm going to have to pop by your place for some apple strudel - YUM! I make chunky applesauce for the kids sometimes - the older one in particular loves it, and likes to take it to work for lunch :D As soon as the weather gets cooler again, I'll get some apples and get saucing :D Very sorry for your friend - very sad :(

Michelle Ridgway said...

How lovely to reconnect with your dear friend and her work looks gorgeous. Will certainly pop over and visit the bear blog as well. Now there's a surprise. Lol. You know you have to be a good friend to have one and you are a good one :-)

Sue said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of yiur best friend's mother. That is heartbreaking and I will pray for her thru the time of grieving.

So glad you were able to hook back up with yiur friend! Thank you also for the link to her Etsy shop. I must check it out as my son and his girlfriend are about to be engaged!

Aren't these apples amazing?! And they don't have any worm holes in them! They are gorgeous and ever so tasty. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Tammy said...

Glad uou have reconnected with your friend. Your apple trr looks amazeing

Brenda said...

We have a couple of apple tree that have never had fruit since we lived here and there are even a few on those trees. I just picked up a bushel of apples to sauce and make into apple butter. So glad you connected with your school friend!

desertskyquilts said...

Reconnecting is an amazing thing. I'm so glad you had a chance to do that! The apple tree is also amazing. What a bounty! Do you (or your DH) can?

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You have apple heaven in your yard, Allie girl!!
Praying...xxxxxx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Glad you connected with your friend. I'm so thankful that we live in this wonderful age when this connecting is possible.

Marilyn said...

So sad for your dear friend - losing our Mums is so difficult.
So nice though to hear about how you reconnected with your friend and about her talents. Lovely apples, and strudel sounds yummy.
Hugs xxxxx

Carrie P. said...

those are some really pretty wedding things made by your friend.
NC has had a great year for apples too. I don't have an apple tree but have heard about the trees on our local news channel.

Cathy said...

I see apple pies, crumble and lots of sweets in your future. Hugs

KaHolly said...

Sorry for youir friend's loss. Life has thrown a lot of challenges my way, but losing my mother was indeed the most difficult ever!

Wish You Were Here said...

Oh Allie, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your sweet, shameless plug of Patty's new etsy shop. Aren't her goodies just divine? She is so creative and talented. I know our Mom is so proud of her endeavors! Thank you for the Booh Bear plug, too! I'm sorry to say I don't spend much time on my blog lately. Life seems to get in the way of such things! Thanks again ;o) Love & Hugs, Jan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...